HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k talos spam for etc

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DevilDoll
Sybarite
DevilDoll

2k talos spam for etc Empty
PostSubject: 2k talos spam for etc   2k talos spam for etc I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2019, 20:47

i have an etc tournament coming up and i made this talos heavy list:

Flayed skull air wing
3x jetfighter with dissies and splinter cannons

prophets of flesh spearhead
haemonculus with electro whip, hexrifle, vextator mask, diabolical soothsayer
Urien

5x wracks

3x talos with macro-scalp and haywire

Black heart spearhead
archon with venom blade, writ of the muse, labyrinth cunning

3x dissie ravager

the idea is to shoot down knights or other big vehicles with the haywires and then charge in, and deal with everything else with the airforce and ravagers, pretty straightforward stuff.
was thinking of replacing one macro-scalpel with chain flails on the talos to deal better with swarms but im not sure.
also im giving up on lots of command points without a battalion (i have 4+1d3 from soothsayer) im not entirely sure how that will play out but i hope i get to balance it with labyrinth cunning, its not that the list is heavily stratagem reliant...
what do you guys think? any suggestions welcomed.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: 2k talos spam for etc   2k talos spam for etc I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2019, 20:55

you should definitely take the chain-flails
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Wych
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: 2k talos spam for etc   2k talos spam for etc I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2019, 12:42

Chain flails. NEVER leave home without em.

TSkouboe
Slave
TSkouboe

PostSubject: Re: 2k talos spam for etc   2k talos spam for etc I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2019, 13:04

That looks like a fun list!
You have very few units, but Talos are fun.

I agree with the others: Chainflails solve some problems that the rest of your list will struggle to solve - hordes and tarpits. I would add them.

I don't think Labyrinthine Cunning will make up for having few command points. I've gotten only 2 or 3 command points from it, and that's when I have 9-13 myself (and thus more chances of triggering it). Usually, people are (almost) out of command points after turn three, so it is unlikely to trigger on turn 4-6.
Instead of relying on Cunning, I would take out one Talos and add two units of Wracks to make the Coven spearhead a Batallion.

I might worry about objective grabbing with your list. Your Talos can certainly hold objectives, but they won't do much for their points out of close combat. Some small Wracks units could solve that, too.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Sybarite
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: 2k talos spam for etc   2k talos spam for etc I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2019, 18:53

thank you for the replies..!
yeah the small unit count was a conscious choice (i do prefer small elite detachments in general), i thought of trying to squeeze in 2 more wrack units to make it a battalion but i prefer the 9 talos count to stay as it is tbh i really love those things will probably think about it some more after i had some trial runs with the list like that.
The chainflails are definitely in though you guys convinced me ^^
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Kabalite Warrior
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: 2k talos spam for etc   2k talos spam for etc I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26 2019, 11:08

your main weakness is extremly low CP. However you will need lots of them - for agenst of vect, for re-rolls to wound in close combat with taloses, for -1 to hit etc.
I would recommend to consider to take a battalion. So you will cover your second big weakness - lack of Obsec units, which is crucial at ETC style events.

PostSubject: Re: 2k talos spam for etc   2k talos spam for etc I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k talos spam for etc
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: