HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k list for ITC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KennyK76
Slave
KennyK76

2k list for ITC Empty
PostSubject: 2k list for ITC   2k list for ITC I_icon_minitimeTue May 21 2019, 09:26

Morning fellow archons, I have a series of tournies coming up and would like some feedback on a list.
I have used it before several times and have even won a local area ITC 1-dayer.

Battalion- flayed skull

Archon- huskblade and blast pistol, WL eternal hatred

Archon-huskblade and splinter pistol

10 Kabalites with 2 blasters, a splinter cannon and an agoniser and grenade launcher on the champ

10 Kabalites with 2 blasters, a splinter cannon and an agoniser and grenade launcher on the champ

raider with dizzy, splinter racks and a shock prow

raider with dizzy, splinter racks and a shock prow

raider with dark lance, splinter racks and a shock prow

venom with twin splinter cannons

venom with twin splinter cannons

Razorwing with splinter cannon, 2 dizzy and missiles

Battalion- prophets of flesh

2 haemonculus with splinter pistol and electrocussive whips

5 wracks with a pair of liquifiers and an electrocussive on the champ

5 wracks with a pair of liquifiers and an electrocussive on the champ

6 wracks with a pair of liquifiers and an electrocussive on the champ

5 grotesques with cleavers and gauntlets

Talos- twin scalpels and twin haywire

Talos- twin scalpels and twin haywire

Talos-scalpel, chainflail and twin haywire

Raider with shock prow and dizzy

Bang on 2k
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

2k list for ITC Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k list for ITC   2k list for ITC I_icon_minitimeTue May 21 2019, 10:46

I'd switch the PGL from your sybarites to your raiders. That way you get the re-rolls of 1 to hit within the archon aura. The crew inside obviously don't. Small switch, but if you use the torment grenade strat and fail to hit that re-roll could be handy.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

2k list for ITC Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k list for ITC   2k list for ITC I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2019, 03:52

If you've won with this list before, then presumable you're doing something right, so keep doing what you're doing?

Still, since you're after feedback, there's a lot there I don't like lol:

1) If you're using that Warlord Trait, give the Archon Djinn Blade to take advantage of it. I prefer a Blaster to the Blast Pistol as the additional range is worth quite a lot, especially with full re-rolls to wound.

2) Drop Splinter Cannons from your squads, your Razorwing and probably drop them on your Venoms too. Splinter Cannons don't work with Splinter Racks and as such they aren't sufficiently better than rifles at 12" that they're worth 10 pts. You'll also need to shoot them separately each time your Kabalites shoot from your Raiders, including your re-rolls of 1 to hit, since they don't benefit from Racks, which is just annoying for you and the opponent. There's an argument for Cannons to stay on your Razorwing/Venom, but it's never seemed worth it on either - and if you cut all cannons, you have 60 pts free so you can essentially buy another entire Venom.

3) Your Coven units benefit massively from bringing Rakarth into your Coven Battalion instead of a second Haemonculus. You get nothing for bringing 2 Haemonculi; the buffs that Haemonculi offer don't stack, so the second one is entirely tax. Rakarth brings a unique +1 Str buff which is massive for all of your Coven units, especially your Talos as that brings them to S8 with their Scalpels so they can go toe-to-toe with Knights.

4) Your Wracks and Kabalites are super expensive considering they're just Troops that die like flies as soon as they take a hit - especially Kabalites. When your transports die, some of these will die too for free, which makes spending more on them even more painful.

- On the Kabalite-side, this sort of ties in with what I was saying about your Splinter Cannons. Your units are just so expensive that if they get taken out of their transport early, or get tied in combat, they'll do nothing except take 100+ points out of your list. Dropping PGLs and Cannons save you 39 pts. I also prefer to run units of 5, even in Raiders, as you can take two units and split them up to achieve different goals this way. ITC generally doesn't favour small easily killed units, to be fair, so a unit of 10 can be forgiven.
- On the Wrack-side, Liquifiers are way over priced for what they do, and Electrocorrosive Whips, while good, are very costly. If you replaced all of your 5 Whips with Venom Blades you'd save 20 points alone, and if you removed all of your Liquifiers, you'd save another 66 points. That's 86 points saved, which is only about 15 points short of buying you an entire Talos. That Talos is 100% do more for you than your Liquifiers will.

5) Twin Scalpel Talos are only good if you know you're only against very elite armies with vehicles and no chaff. The benefit you get from bringing both Scalpels and Chain Flails is evident when one opponent sets up 150 Ork Boys on the other side of the table on one game, and one other opponent sets up 4 Questoris Knights int he next game. Mixing both melee weapons give you options and options wins games.

6) Put all your Talos in one unit. They benefit from Stratagems a lot more this way, and won't cost you as much in ITC points when your opponent kills them.

7) It's hard to consider a list strong without a core of 3+ Black Heart Razorwings or Ravagers. Playing Dark Eldar competitively without dedicated Disintegrator platforms and without access to Agents of Vect is just handicapping yourself.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

2k list for ITC Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k list for ITC   2k list for ITC I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2019, 15:47

@yellabelly wrote:
I'd switch the PGL from your sybarites to your raiders. That way you get the re-rolls of 1 to hit within the archon aura. The crew inside obviously don't. Small switch, but if you use the torment grenade strat and fail to hit that re-roll could be handy.

Bonus given to a transport are given to it's passengers. If you buff the raider, you buff the passengers
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

2k list for ITC Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k list for ITC   2k list for ITC I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2019, 16:11

It bestows modifiers not auras, so if you could give a Raider +1 to hit the crew would get it but they dont yet reroll 1s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2k list for ITC Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k list for ITC   2k list for ITC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k list for ITC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-