So... on Saturday, I played two matches with Ynnari - both against the same opponent, who brought Orks. Both matches were Maelstrom of War missions from Chapter Approved '18.
The first match used a variant of the list I posted in the original post - I had axed the CotA, the Visarch and all my PGL's to make room for an Outrider detachment with 20 Hellions, a Blaster Scourge unit and a Haywire Scourge unit (ditching the Supreme Command detachment in the process). Suffice to say, it was a disaster - my opponent, using a Dread Mob list with Gretchins for a double Battalion and a Gorkanaut, seized the first turn and proceeded to cripple my Raiders and Ravagers. I had put my Hellions and Scourges in deep-strike, but by the time they came out, I was down to my Archon and Succubus - I conceded at the start of turn 3.
After taking a brief break, me and my opponent talked about the issues that Drukhari in general are facing in competitive play at the moment - in addition to discussing his Orks which are better at shooting than Custodes with their Dakka Dakka ability, and have no 'bad' units across their entire codex. We also discussed detachment options, and how double battalions seem to be the way to go at the moment.
Following this, we had a second match, with me using a double battalion, and him using slightly less efficient variants of units (Bubblechuckas instead of Traktor Cannons, for example). I can't remember exactly what my list contained, but I know I dropped the Hellions and brought a Voidraven and CotA (the latter to bubble-wrap my warlord). This time, the match was a lot closer - first turn and a good deployment map meant I had a better chance of surviving his fire. I built up an early lead with good objectives, before finally getting tabled in round 4 - a lone Lhamaean being the last unit to be mopped up - and playing with Acceptable Casualties meant I ended up losing 11-10.
So, with what I've learned from those games, I have revised the potential list I will be using for the tournament. I know this list probably isn't perfect, and it'll likely need tweaking between now and the event, but I'm hoping it will at least give me a better chance than the list I posted earlier.2 Battalion and 1 Air Wing Detachments (+11 CP) - 1998pts - 103 Power
- Exalted of Ynnead: -1 CPAir Wing Detachment - Flayed Skull
- Razorwing Jetfighter with Disintegrator Cannons and Splinter Cannon - 145pts
- Razorwing Jetfighter with Dark Lances and Splinter Cannon - 155pts
- Voidraven Bomber with Void Lances and Voidraven Missiles - 165ptsBattalion Detachment #1 - Ynnari
No Force Org
- Court of the Archon - 2 Sslyths + 1 Lhamaean - 69ptsHQ
- Archon with Huskblade and Blaster - 93pts
- Warlord: Walker of Many Paths
- Relic: Hungering Blade
- The Yncarne - 337pts
- Knows Gaze of Ynnead and Unbind SoulsTroops
- 5 Kabalite Warriors (Blaster; Sybarite has Power Sword and Splinter Rifle) - 51pts
- 5 Kabalite Warriors (Blaster; Sybarite has Agoniser and Splinter Rifle) - 51pts
- 5 Kabalite Warriors (Blaster; Sybarite has Power Sword and Blast Pistol) - 61ptsHeavy Support
- Ravager with 3 Disintegrator Cannons and Shock Prow - 126pts
- Ravager with 3 Dark Lances and Shock Prow - 141ptsBattalion Detachment #2 - Ynnari
- Succubus with Shardnet and Impaler - 55pts
- Warlord Trait (EoA): Warden of Souls
- Yvraine - 132pts
- Knows Shield of Ynnead and Ancestor's GraceTroops
- 5 Wyches (Shardnet and Impaler; Hekatrix has Agoniser and Splinter Pistol) - 49pts
- 5 Wyches (Shardnet and Impaler; Hekatrix has Power Sword and Blast Pistol) - 59pts
- 5 Wyches (Shardnet and Impaler; Hekatrix has Agoniser and Blast Pistol) - 59ptsDedicated Transports
- Raider with Disintegrator Cannon - 80pts
- Raider with Dark Lance - 85pts
- Raider with Dark Lance - 85pts