- @Clothar wrote:
- I love Cult and play them often, but they are by far the worst of our 3 factions. Hellions are bad, Wyches and Reavers decent and beasts are adequate but horribly implemented and compounded by a near worthless Beastmaster.
So first off, if this is just a for fun list, leave it as is. It's better that you play your lists and then refine as you see fit.
If you're trying to be more competitive, there's a lot of changes that could be made. While trying to keep to the theme of your list, here's a few changes I would consider:
Succubus with Archite Glaive and Parasite's Kiss
- Change Combat Drug to Adrenalight or Hypex (see below)
- Change combat drug to Painbringer (if you do this, change above Succ to Hypex)
- Remove Razorflails, replace with Hydra Gauntlets
- Change combat drug on all 3 squads to Adrenalight (if previous combat drug changes were made)
- Change Power Sword to Agonizer
- Change Dark Lances to Disintegrators and remove Splinter Racks and Grisly Trophies
- More Shredders (and Haywire), fewer Splinter Cannons. Scourges out of deep strike have -1 to hit with a heavy weapon on that turn. Shredders have lower range but are quite good at removing that pesky infantry unit from the table, say Hellblasters or Long Fangs.
So there's a few things that immediately jump out at me. These are changes that won't compromise the premise of the list but may give you that extra little bit of oomph on the table. Either Black Heart or Flayed Skull are good for your air wing.
Now for the extra points! My first inclination would be for a Venom or two for your Succs. A Blast Pistol for your 3rd squad of Wyches. After that, more Reavers, Clawed Fiends (my personal favorite) or even some Mandrakes.
thanks for the response and feedback. Wych cults are part of the reason that I got back into 40k, and I've been eager to find any way to make them useful without relying too heavily on kabals or covens. This list was initially designed for fun, but if all goes well, I might tweak it further.
Most of this list was designed based on what I have built already, which somewhat limits my options for switching wargear/weapon options - especially since I don't tend to magnetize any of my weapons. And I'm not normally the type of person who will buy several boxes of a unit just to get enough of a certain weapon.
In regards to your feedback:
- I've changed the Succubi's combat drug to Adrenalight, but left the Reavers and Wyches the same for now - at least until i can properly play test it. Also, I reduced the Reaver squad to 6, which won't affect the number of options it can have while still giving me a few more points to spare.
- I've removed the Splinter Racks and Grisly Trophies from the Raiders, but only have one built with a Disintegrator Cannon, so have left the Dark Lances on the other two.
- I've swapped out the Splinter Cannons for Shredders in the 10-man Scourge squad - this should hopefully make them more effective. Also, Splinter Cannons are Rapid Fire, not Heavy, so I don't understand where you're getting the -1 to hit from.
- All of this has given me enough points to add a Venom to my list, but as all of my Venoms are built with two Splinter Cannons, I've had to sacrifice the Blast Pistol from the Solarite of the 5-man Scourge unit.
So, here's the updated list, based on the changes I've made. I won't get a chance to test it for a week or two, but when I do, I'll share how I got on.Battalion, Outrider and Air Wing Detachments (+7 CP) - 2000 points - 102 Power
- Prizes from the Dark City: -1 CPBattalion - Wych Cult - Red Grief
No Force Org
- Beast Unit - 6 Khymerae - 60ptsHQ
- Succubus with Blood Glaive and Blast Pistol (Warlord: Hyper-Swift Reflexes) - 60pts
- Combat Drug: Adrenalight (+1 Attack)
- Succubus with Archite Glaive and Parasite's Kiss - 50pts
- Combat Drug: Adrenalight (+1 Attack)Troops
- 10 Wyches (2 Razorflails, 1 Shardnet + Impaler, Hekatrix has Agoniser and Splinter Pistol) - 97pts
- 10 Wyches (2 Hydra Gauntlets, 1 Shardnet + Impaler, Hekatrix has Power Sword and Blast Pistol) - 107pts
- 10 Wyches (2 Hydra Gauntlets, 1 Shardnet + Impaler, Hekatrix has Agoniser and Blast Pistol) - 107pts
- All 3 Wyches squads have the Painbringer Combat Drug (+1 Toughness)Elites
- Beastmaster with Agoniser - 40pts
- Combat Drug: Splintermind (+2 Leadership)Dedicated Transport
- Raider with Disintegrator Cannon - 80pts
- Raider with Dark Lance - 85pts
- Raider with Dark Lance - 85ptsOutrider - Wych Cult - Red Grief
- Succubus with Shardnet + Impaler - 55pts
- Combat Drug: Grave Lotus (+1 Strength)Fast Attack
- 15 Hellions (Helliarch has Stunclaw, Splinter Pistol and Phantasm Grenade Launcher) - 220pts
- Combat Drug: Serpentin (+1 Weapon Skill)
- 6 Reavers (2 Blasters, 2 Grav-Talons, Arena Champion has Power Sword) - 158pts
- Combat Drug: Hypex (+2 Move)
- 10 Scourges (4 with Shredders, Solarite has Venom Blade and Shardcarbine) - 154pts
- 5 Scourges (2 Heat Lances, 2 Haywire Blasters, Solarite has Venom Blade and Splinter Pistol) - 102ptsDedicated Transport
- Venom with two Splinter Cannons - 75ptsAir Wing - Kabal - Flayed SkullFlyer
- Razorwing Jetfighter with Disintegrator Cannons and Splinter Cannon - 145pts
- Razorwing Jetfighter with Dark Lances and Splinter Cannon - 155pts
- Voidraven Bomber with Void Lances and Missiles - 165pts