I’ve recently started playing WH40K again after a long break and I must say I’m pretty much enjoying the new codex.
The first games have been very successful (never lost, just a few draws, but still no game against very skilled players), nonetheless I’m still not 100% convinced of my 1500 pts list.
Every time I end up with a “spare” unit (to fill the points / achieve detachments) that never does anything on the battlefield.
Below the bulk of my list:
BATTALION (flyed skull)
- 2x archons with blaster in venom
- 3x5 KABALITES with blaster in venom
SPEARHEAD (black heart)
- 2x ravagers with diss cannons
- 1x ravagers with lances
OUTRIDER (red grief)
- SUCCUBUS with blood glaive (+S drug)
- 12x reavers with 1 blaster and 1 talon every three (various combinations of units depending on games, but my favourite is 2x6 units, one with +T drug, one with +A drug)
The above are about 1400 points, and I’m pretty satisfied with it.
For the last 100 points I tried mandrakes and scourges with HWB, but they both deluded me multiple times: they arrive from reserve, shoot to something with unimpressive results and die miserably or wander around the rest of the game without a proper target.
Any suggestion about how to fill these 100 points would be extremely welcome.
Trust on your advice denizens!