THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

My First Incubi

Go down 
+7
Mirarii
Azdrubael
Marquis Vaulkhere
Baron Tordeck
Evil Space Elves
Tanhausen
Brisbane
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Brisbane
Slave
Brisbane

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23 2011, 13:45

My First Incubi 1000000569

So I started painting my Incubi. I like them overall, but there are areas I'll adjust on the next 5.
That said, Razorwings are next!

Tanhausen
Hellion

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23 2011, 14:07

Very nice result!

Just a personal grudge... black rimmed bases? pale

Also, maybe you could work a bit more contrast on the eyes vs mask? Could be the light, but it seems they kind of "fade away".

Congrats anyhow!

(looks at his metal men... sigh)
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23 2011, 15:07

@Tanhausen wrote:
Very nice result!

Just a personal grudge... black rimmed bases?

I won't hold black-rimmed bases against you Laughing Incubi look good! Is that an Archon hidden to the left of the photo? I like the paint, but I'm not on board with the green right shoulder guard. What is the scheme of your Kabal?

Incubi to a Razorwing-you're having dessert first! Have fun painting. Looking forward to more.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Brisbane
Slave
Brisbane

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25 2011, 01:23

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments Smile

@Tanhausen: I was actually experimenting with a sandy paste for those bases. So I guess they're not yet finished. That said, what color would you paint the rim? I've not really thought about that.

Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25 2011, 16:47

First up, bout damn time you showed up. But I thought you sold your DE to the Unnamed?

Just couldnt resist the allure of the Dark Kin anymore could ya?

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Brisbane
Slave
Brisbane

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25 2011, 17:03

@Tordeck: He gave up on them and traded them back Smile
I missed them as well, after playing GK since April, I'm ready for something fresh.

PM about what happened in the OM, btw. I was lost, lol.

Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25 2011, 17:11

You two and your hobby ADD.

Will do in a bit (plus about conflict hint hint)

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Brisbane
Slave
Brisbane

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 04:52

My First Incubi IMAGE_B6680A57-59BF-46E1-9C92-02F922131EE1
Razorwing WIP

My First Incubi IMAGE_E87BC23F-FAB1-4533-AAC7-F67AAA4997DB
Venoms

Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 04:59

Wow Brisbane those are some cool ships. What shade of grey is that?

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 05:41

Really like the airbrushed highlights on the hull sections.. I really need to learn how to do that better! Good stuff!

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 08:46

You probably should thin paint in airbrush.2 layers is always better than 1, unless results will be too grainy.

On Incubi - i guess all thats is bright blue will get some love next ?

And it is so easy to make NMM metacils with airbrush, you shouldnt stop with GW metallics if you have one.

Brisbane
Slave
Brisbane

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 01:22

@Azdrubael Thanks man! I'm still learning to mess with the airbrush so I still make plenty of mistakes. I wasn't sure why I was getting the grainy effect...thinner paints, then?

@evil space elves Thanks man! This airbrush is the sweetest investment I've made. It helps so much with 40k vehicles is crazy.

@Marquis Thanks! I am basing them with black Gesso, then edging with a dark grey GW foundation paint (adeptus battlegrey, i think) and then one last edge with stonewall grey (vallejo paints)

Mirarii
Hellion
Mirarii

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 02:37

Is it easy to use an airbrush and get the blend/gradient effect?
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 03:52

That's the point of using airbrush. Also, using stencils (masking tape cut-outs) to "mask" and paint.

I think this movie would help understand main principles of airbrushing due to simplicity.

Brisbane
Slave
Brisbane

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28 2011, 02:19

@Mirarii: I think it's wonderfully easy, much easier than doing it by hand, though it does look more painterly when done by hand, so you give up on some of the more artistic flair for ease and speed (a sacrifice my tight schedule is willing to make).

My First Incubi 1322364668664
Updated Venoms with brighter edges (and thinner paint Smile)

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28 2011, 15:33

Nice work on the Venoms, I preferred the glow you had on the canopys before it was tidied up, gave a very eerie feel.

This thread may be best renamed and moved to the project logs forum if you feel that it is necessary. Good work.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
https://www.thedarkcity.net
Brisbane
Slave
Brisbane

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2011, 04:10

@sky serpent: yea, renaming and moving might be a good idea Smile

Thanks for the kind words, too! I think I agree with you about the glass; I was somewhat intimidated by the idea of an 'unfinished' look, but I feel they lost a little something when I cleaned them up.

If (when) I redo them, I'll keep 'em eerie.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2011, 04:43

Eerie glass=NICE.

Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2011, 13:59

The venoms and razorwing are very nice. Airbrush work is tops!

I would like to see the incubi again without all the paint pots and such in the back ground. it makes it hard for me to really see the figures, but from what I can tell, they look to be pretty good.

My First Incubi Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Brisbane
Slave
Brisbane

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30 2011, 02:46

@GAR: Ok, I'll reshoot them; they were my first Dark Eldar ever painted. Since then I've got a few of the Finecast ones and I'll be using the airbrush for as much as I can. Hopefully they look cohesive with the aircraft.

Played what is effectively my first game with them, against the Necrons on Monday night. 1250 points, I'll have a bat rep up (video) soon.

I'll just say that I hate Barges...grrr, stunlocked Razorwings suck, though -1 on the damage chart for the ap- is awesome for DE, lol.

Brisbane
Slave
Brisbane

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30 2011, 15:55

My First Incubi 2011-11-30%25252010.40.15

Took this shot in the living room, which explains the gingerbread house, lol. The lighting was too nice to pass up Smile

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01 2011, 03:11

I like this Raider the best so far. All your models are good, but this one stands to me. Maybe it's the sail, that's particularly nice.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01 2011, 04:15

@Brisbane wrote:

Took this shot in the living room, which explains the gingerbread house, lol. The lighting was too nice to pass up Smile

Oh, I do like the idea of your DE doing a real space raid in X-mas land! Twisted Evil
I'm with Gobs-that sail really stands out. Nice Airbrushing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My First Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Incubi   My First Incubi I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My First Incubi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion