In terms of Necrons in general:
- Destroyers, as already mentioned, are priority targets. However, with Disintegrators, Dark Lances, Blasters and poisoned weapons, I don't think they'll be that much of an issue. Also, take note that it's the Destroyers you want to aim for first - not
the Heavy Destroyers. Heavy Destroyers might sound threatening, but they're actually kinda crap compared to regular destroyers. At the very least, make sure all regular Destroyer squads are dead before going after the Heavy Destroyers.
- Doomsday Arks are considered one of the best units in the codex, so they'll probably be your secondary targets.
- Wraiths, IMO, aren't actually that great. They're very expensive and poison fire should shred them. Note that, whilst they don't have RPs, there is a stratagem that can give it to them for a turn - so eliminate entire squads at a time if you can.
- Tesla units can be very nasty (24" Assault 2 S5 AP- D1, each to-hit roll of 6+ generates 2 extra hits). With MWBD, every 5+ rolled to hit will generate 2 additional hits. On average, this will result in the unit getting more hits than it had shots. Lightning Fast Reactions could be a vital Stratagem to counter Tesla fire against an important unit.
- The Deceiver C'tan has a redeployment trick and the C'tan are characters, so are difficult to target. They also have powers that inflict mortal wounds. However, they're high-toughness units with 4++ saves, so poison should absolutely shred them when you get the chance.
- @Crokadilla wrote:
- So here is an expirimental list designed to try and bumrush and lock down his Destroyers with Wyches. 1 squad in a raider, 2 coming in thru DS. Reavers are going to be advancing through their front lines and charging their crypteks. Mathhammer says that a squad of 9 will almost certainly wipe a cryptek in a single charge.
Also decided that the 6+ FNP and rerolling 1s to wound is better than keeping out of range for my Ravagers. Tell me what you guys think and any edits you think I should make.
Are you playing with the FAQ rules? If so you can't have more than 3 Ravagers.
Regardless, I'm not sure melee is the way to go against Necrons. Stuff like Destroyers are actually more mobile than Wyches, so even catching them will be a pain. What's more, they have cheap scarabs to screen their units from both melee and deep strikes.
What's more, Necrons have many T5+ units with 3+ or worse saves, so Poison is very effective against them. In addition, they have few weapons with more than 24" range, and many of their units are relatively slow. Hence, once the stuff like Destroyers have been removed, it'll probably be a lot easier to pick apart their army piece by piece, whilst remaining out of range of a significant portion of it.
If you're dead set on melee, would it not make more sense to have just 1 Shardnet and Impailer in each Wych squad (and instead have 2 Hydra Gauntlets)? They don't do anything extra when you have them in multiples and you can just choose to remove that model last as a casualty.