THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

That can't be right...

Go down 
+7
Local_Ork
Gobsmakked
Massaen
Thor665
Evil Space Elves
rider
fenrisnorth
11 posters
AuthorMessage
fenrisnorth
Kabalite Warrior

That can't be right... Empty
PostSubject: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2011, 14:39

Has anyone faced this list before:

2k points

Inquisitor Coteaz

6x 9 Jokaero Weaponsmiths

I just got threatened that by someone complaining of DL Spam

Seriously? 54 Lascannons?

Captured Victims: Castellan Crowe, Ultramarine Chapter Master
Back to top Go down
rider
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2011, 15:11

interesting.....

it's technically legal, but i wouldn't fancy actually trying to play with it.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2011, 15:26

Um....I uh....WOW. Shocked Can't say I've ever played against anything like that.
At least that player didn't complain about Raider spam, right?

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
fenrisnorth
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2011, 15:43

Why would he, he's all but guaranteed 6 vehicle kills a turn. SOOOOO ANGRY WITH WARD!

I only noticed it because I was looking at making a word bearers army, and trololololing the fanboys by using the GK codex (to use henchmen as lesser daemons and dreadnights as greater)

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2011, 16:09

If you guys are custom building lists to fight each other this thing isn't even a threat.

3 Razorwings w. Dissies kept in reserve.
6 Wych squads.
Baron w. something - heck, Hellions would actually be the strongest.
Everything else to taste (Bloodbrides strike me as more win)

Turn 1 you flat out towards him with everything. If he set up like an idiot you go ahead and assault some of the silly monkeys. In assault they have no chance at all vs. Wyches.
6 squads of monkeys fire at you - 6 targets - 4.5 hits -> 3 penetrates -> 1.5 pens get through -> 75% chance per Raider that it's wrecked so you'll loose 4.5 Raiders (4-5, not bad)

Turn 2

1-2 Razorwings come in = 1-2 dead monkey squads.
Even presuming half of the wrecked Raiders pinned the Wyches inside them (they won't) you should be able to manage about, oh, 4 assaults without even trying - and Wyches will eat monkey brain without trouble in assault.
Thats not even talking about what happens when the Baron rolls in with Hellions to kill stuff.
That's presuming you field Raiders and not Venoms, which will allow you to kill 3-4 Monkeys per Venom - which could wipe out 1-2 squads on Turn 1 without much effort.

The monkey list is fun.
The monkey list is not competitive - especially not if you guys are custom building to fight each other.

Back to top Go down
rider
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2011, 20:30

exactly why i wouldn't want to play WITH it.

i'd happily play AGAINST it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 07:26

At 2k this list is rubbish. The monkies fail at assault even against guard. It also can only shoot 6 units per turn and they are only BS3.

They also don't make use of the jokearo customisation rule.

9 shots per squad is 4.5 hits, 3.75 pens, 1.87 wrecks or better vs AV10 open topped.

That is nasty for sure... but deploy from a WWP with a beast pack, hellions or reaver and charge... they last about 2 seconds!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 09:16

fenrisnorth wrote:
Has anyone faced this list before:

2k points

Inquisitor Coteaz

6x 9 Jokaero Weaponsmiths

I just got threatened that by someone complaining of DL Spam

Seriously? 54 Lascannons?

Just curious - what exactly was he complaining about, what were you running against him?
Back to top Go down
fenrisnorth
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 10:57

Standard Raiderspam w/blasterborn and tri-ravs, you know, a fairly cookie-cutter Dark Eldar list. It was even worse beforewe found the FAQ that clarified that "Lord of Formosa" removes that "Does not take up a force org slot. it was scarier when it was 18 units of 3.

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 12:48

Yep, pre-FAQ Ward books can scare people (I liked NNN x 3 servitors, that was serious bull...) thanks to poorly comprehended rules...

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 18:36

Wow, that was a solid land speed record for getting to the Ward hate Wink

Yes, I agree with Massaen, the monkeys have so many gaping holes in them as a list it's almost silly. (though I think they could actually take most guard units in assault...we might need to mathammer that one a bit Wink )

Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 18:59

With that many monkey units doesn't he get +6 on the roll telling you to roll twice ignoring 6 so he gets 6 and then 6/6 which is ignored?

also just blitz him.

And finally - a use for mandrakes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 19:15

I will go on record to say that Mandrakes are capable of beating up monkeys in h2h combat...as long as they avoid the flamers.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2011, 15:19

You mean we found something mandrakes can do. OH HAPPY DAY!!!! *Dances around alittle bit*

On a more serious note... I wouldnt be afraid of monkies... I would be more afraid of 5 pt Stormbolter toating warriors... (or is it 6... might be 6pts... but still thats alota dead raiders Razz )

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2011, 17:23

Shadows Revenge wrote:
You mean we found something mandrakes can do. OH HAPPY DAY!!!! *Dances around alittle bit*

On a more serious note... I wouldnt be afraid of monkies... I would be more afraid of 5 pt Stormbolter toating warriors... (or is it 6... might be 6pts... but still thats alota dead raiders Razz )

Did you know 'Oh happy day (when darklight zapped) is the National Anthem of Comorragh? Enough to rouse even the most jaded archons lips with half a smile.

Quote :
Oh happy day (oh happy day)
When darklight zapped (when darklight zapped)
darklight zapped (when darklight zapped)
Zapped my foes away (oh happy day)

darklight zapped!

It taught me how (oh, it taught me how)
To kill (to kill, to kill)
Fight and slay (to fight and slay)
Fight and slay
And it taught me how to live soul-slicing
yes, ir did (and live, slicing)
Oh yeah, every, every day (every, every day)
(oh yeah) Every day!

Oh happy day, yeah (oh happy day)
When my darklight zapped (when darklight zapped)
My foes away (oh happy day)
I'm talking 'bout that happy day (oh happy day)

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 00:32

Lol DE anthem, I want to see that list at 5000 point vs IG parking lots

Why do we ride atop these elegant craft? The better to hear the screams of our prey as we ride them down, to savour the fear etched on their faces, to taste the tantalising tang of their blood in the air as an appetiser before the feast -Dariaq Bladetongue of the Pierced Eye
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2011, 08:35

Sure they could shoot down your tanks, but your actual troops would make monkey-kebabs out of them. Each lascannon shot can only kill one model at a time, so you'll just run up through cover knife 'em.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2011, 14:44

Monkeys also have flamers though. It's not a total laugh riot if you're on foot and marching at them. Our big advantage is forcing them to shoot down transports or be assaulted by those popping out of wrecks - or flame troops after shooting down transports, and be assaulted by those in vehicles.

It's the spamming of assault that eats monkey face. Specifically fast moving assault.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That can't be right...   That can't be right... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That can't be right...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: