Hey all. I'm mulling over some ideas for this year's Pompey Pillage. I don't expect to win everything as it's my first tournament, but I'm looking to have a bit of fun in the process - and if a win or two comes my way, even better.
I know there's a while before I need to confirm which army I'll be using, so I'm going to post some ideas every now and then (won't be a regular thing atm due to uni work) and any advice, suggestions or tactics would be greatly appreciated.
So, here's Idea #1
- Pure Drukhari (Based mainly on what I have to hand). Hopefully the upcoming Codex will make some of these choices a bit better.Outrider + Supreme Command Detachment (+2 CP) - 1999pts
- Succubus with Parasite's Kiss (Warlord: Legendary Fighter) - 72ptsFast Attack
- 5 Scourges (2 Blasters, 2 Splinter Cannons, Solarite has Blast Pistol and Venom Blade) - 145pts
- 5 Scourges (2 Blasters, 2 Splinter Cannons, Solarite has Splinter Pistol and Venom Blade) - 135pts
- 5 Scourges (All with Shardcarbines) - 70ptsTroops
- 10 Kabalite Warriors (Sybarite has Splinter Rifle and Agoniser) - 74pts
- 10 Kabalite Warriors (Sybarite has Splinter Rifle and Power Sword) - 74ptsElites
- 10 Hekatrix Bloodbrides (3 with Hydra Gauntlets, Syren has Agoniser and Splinter Pistol) - 146pts
- 5 Kabalite Trueborn (2 Blasters, 2 Splinter Cannons, Dracon has Blast Pistol, Agoniser and Phantasm Grenade Launcher) - 132ptsHeavy Support
- Ravager (3 Dark Lances and Shock Prow) - 156ptsFlyer
- Razorwing Jetfighter (2 Dark Lances and Splinter Cannon) - 170pts
- Voidraven Bomber (2 Void Lances and Voidraven Missiles) - 194ptsDedicated Transport
- Raider with Disintegrator Cannon - 125pts
- Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons - 95pts
- Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons - 95ptsSupreme Command
No Force Org
- Court of the Archon: 3 Sslyths - 93ptsHQ
- Archon with Huskblade, Blast Pistol and Phantasm Grenade Launcher - 77pts
- Archon with Agoniser and Blaster - 73pts
- Archon with Power Sword and Blaster - 73pts
I mentioned in a previous army list about the synergy of weapons in my 'heavy' squads - getting in range with the Blasters put the Splinter Cannons in half-range - and am keen to keep this going here.
The Raider will carry the Bloodbrides, while the two Venoms will carry either the Trueborn, or a combination of my Archons, Sslyths and Succubus.
The Succubus and Bloodbrides have been added following success in a local game against Astra Militarum. They entered combat with a Command Squad, a Heavy Weapon Squad, and 40 Guardsmen - none of which left alive.