THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Vehicles and embarking whilst engaged

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

Vehicles and embarking whilst engaged Empty
PostSubject: Vehicles and embarking whilst engaged   Vehicles and embarking whilst engaged I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17 2017, 09:52

Last night I had an Archon who I used to tie up a unit of poxwalkers for a turn. They of course surrounded him so he couldn't fall back. Now if I wanted to remove him from that combat, could I have parked my Venom within 3" of the Archon but more than 1" from the walkers (it was possible with how the models were set) and picked him up?
Also got me wondering if, for example, I unload a unit of Wyches from a Raider and then charge with both units. Heading into my turn I only have one or two Wyches left and I'm wanting to try and deny VP's such as First Blood. Could I load the engaged Wyches back up into the engaged Raider? They would meet the embarking criteria of ending their move within 3" of the transport.
There's quite a bit of info for disembarking from transports during combat but nothing about loading back up to escape combat.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles and embarking whilst engaged   Vehicles and embarking whilst engaged I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17 2017, 10:16

Technically, the answer is Yes and Yes!

The only rules governing this as Falling Back, which says you have to end over 1" away from enemy models, and Embarking, which just say end your Move within 3" of the Transport.

So even if you're engaged, you can Fall back immediately into a Transport, even if that Transport is itself engaged in combat (because removing from the table takes you outside of 1"!).

http://www.escelionfilms.com
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles and embarking whilst engaged   Vehicles and embarking whilst engaged I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17 2017, 10:19

Awesome thanks!
Would you even need to fall back though if already within 3"range of the transport? Is a movement before embarking mandatory?

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles and embarking whilst engaged   Vehicles and embarking whilst engaged I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17 2017, 10:23

Well................no, but it can be argued.
The wording of the rule, for the pedants out there, is "end their move".
NOT "end of the Movement Phase".

Now this is a bit of a pedantic point, and I would go with the Phase in terpretation, but I can easily see how it can be argued the other way.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles and embarking whilst engaged   Vehicles and embarking whilst engaged I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vehicles and embarking whilst engaged
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: