THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Problem with Reavers

Go down 
+7
Mppqlmd
|Meavar
Sarkesian
Myrvn
Logan Frost
Thor665
Bhaal
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

The Problem with Reavers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Problem with Reavers   The Problem with Reavers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05 2017, 09:55

@FuelDrop wrote:
I will say this for Reavers: They are the fastest non-flier in our codex if raw movement is all that is required (advance 8" on speed 16" or even 18", giving them a potential move of 26"), which is great for pinching unclaimed objectives.

2 S 4 AP -1 attacks that hit on 2's is a pretty solid close combat option, if taken in a vacuum, and is only considered lackluster or poor because at 30 points per model it is positively wimpish. As with many wych cult units, an extra attack base and the ability to assault after advancing would turn it into a legitimately good unit, fast and hard-hitting enough to be worth the points.

I completely agree, that they are not bad, just bad for their points. But your suggestion just made them 8 inch faster on the charge (roughly a 33% increase) and gave an addtional attack (roughly a 50% increase).
That is quite a big buff (and they need it). And if that was changed I would be ok with that and think they are a viable unit. Not the end all solution to all our problems, but a worthy addition to an balanced army.
Back to top Go down

The Problem with Reavers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: