Well, long story short I underestimated the experience of my opponents (I thought at least one of them might have been relatively new. Nope.
). By turn 3, I had 1 Raider, my 3 HQs (the Haemonculus was down to 1 wound and stuck in a doomed combat with a single surviving Grotesque) and 2 Scourges really wishing they were elsewhere.
Oh well, it was still fun and certainly a learning experience (this was my first game with DE).Units I liked:
- Ravager (Solid mobile fire-base)
- Venoms (I underestimated how fragile these are. I'll have to be a lot more careful with them next time - this game I lost most of them as a result of getting into rapid-fire range early on.)
- Raiders (A lot more durable than Venoms. I'll have to make more use of them in future.)
- Warriors (Considering their cost, these guys were great.)
- Trueborn (Just a pretty solid unit.)
- Dark Lance Scourges (hitting on 4s the turn they arrive is a little irritating, but being able to avoid fire for a turn and then put them anywhere on the table - like the top floor of a ruin - is useful. Not sure if I'd take them over a Ravager, but I only own 1 Ravager so they'll do.)Units that were okay:
- My Autarch/Scourge Lord (He put some wounds on a Battlewagon with his Reaper Launcher but I really don't think he was worth 128 points. It's a shame because I really like the model I made of him, even if it is rather simple. The only upside is that I at least don't need to set aside space for him in a transport.)
- Incubi (I'm giving these guys a pass purely because their transport was destroyed on turn 1, killing 2 and leaving the remainder stranded. I'm dubious that they'd be worth it even if they had got into combat, but I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.)
- Archon (He's the worst DE HQ, except for all the others. At least he's cheap and can take a Blaster.)
- Mandrakes (Did a bit of damage to a tactical squad and then got wiped out by said squad in the enemy turn. I'll give them another try but they certainly haven't impressed me so far.)Units I probably won't use again:
- Wracks (Shooting did nothing, useless in melee.)
- Grotesques (Charged into an ork mob with a Haemonculus and a Raider to soak overwatch and managed to do did basically nothing before getting slaughtered in return.)
- Haemonculus (He wasn't awful, I just don't like any of the units I'd use with him.)
- Archon_91 wrote:
- If only we could submit the idea of a "Scourge Lord" to GW as a possible HQ option :/ or at least an elite fast attack ... Just a character for the scourge ... And same with the Mandrake's a "Mandrake lord" would be awesome
Have you been reading my Christmas list?
- TheBaconPope wrote:
- Quote :
- If only we could submit the idea of a "Scourge Lord"
Or the option for Wings on our regular HQs..or Bikes..or Skyboards..
Regardless, this is a little tangential
It's fine. I never object to a good tangent. Unless it's also a radius.
Regarding my 'Scourge Lord', I really don't know what to use him as. Am I right in thinking that the Swooping Hawk Autarch is the only Eldar HQ with wings?
I guess I could use him as Baharroth. Any idea what he's like?
Otherwise, do you guys know of any other Eldar HQs that might make a better Scourge Lord?