THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Leaving Characters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

Leaving Characters Empty
PostSubject: Leaving Characters   Leaving Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10 2017, 19:43

Before coming here I did look in my copy of the main rulebook for an answer but couldn't find anything about characters leaving and joining squads scratch , so here is my question:

Can I deepstrike my Archon via webway portal with his unit of blasterborn, have the Archon leave the unit using a Run move, then have the Blasterborn shoot and (hopefully) kill a unit so that both the Archon and the Blasterborn can make a soulburst move (Assuming they are taken as part of a 7 unit or more Reborn Warhost detachment) ?

The answer would be 'no' right? Because characters have to leave a unit in the movement phase and that is impossible for my deepstriking unit, yes?

Many thanks in advance,

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
In Exile

Leaving Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving Characters   Leaving Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10 2017, 19:55

No, not in the way you described. Joining or leaving a unit may only be done in the movement phase. That said, if you deep strike them embarked on a transport, then disembark them and announce that your archon is leaving the unit when they disembark, I'm pretty sure that is a legal maneuver.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

Leaving Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving Characters   Leaving Characters I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11 2017, 05:10

Or by not disembarking the Archon, but yes I concur that this is correct.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Leaving Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving Characters   Leaving Characters I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11 2017, 09:18

To be specific, under the INDEPENDENT CHARACTER Special rule:

"In order to join a unit, an Independent Character simply has to move so that he is within the 2" unit coherency distance of a friendly unit at the end of their Movement phase."

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

Leaving Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving Characters   Leaving Characters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leaving Characters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-