THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Longtime lurker, first time poster

Go down 
+3
Von Snabel
Massaen
PlayableNPC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PlayableNPC
Hellion
PlayableNPC

Longtime lurker, first time poster Empty
PostSubject: Longtime lurker, first time poster   Longtime lurker, first time poster I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2017, 08:36

Hello All,

I play DE off and on since 6th. I usually only ever play (and sadly lose) against my brother's aggressively fast Orks (they love their Wrecking Ball).

Some things that always go in my list, a few venoms (dual SCannons), warriors with 1 blaster, 2 3man squads of jet bikes, 2 ravagers (full DL), and the grotesquerie (hits so hard).

I'll see y'all in the forums.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker, first time poster   Longtime lurker, first time poster I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2017, 08:51

Welcome to TDC!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker, first time poster   Longtime lurker, first time poster I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2017, 09:28

Hey mate!
You've been here longer than I have but sure, I'll take my 20 posts more than you as a solid sign of superior experience Wink

What seems to prove problem with the Orks ? Sounds like you have good answer for most I can think of.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker, first time poster   Longtime lurker, first time poster I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2017, 10:41

Orcs can be tough when played correctly.
Welcome to the dark city!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker, first time poster   Longtime lurker, first time poster I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2017, 11:04

Welcome to Commorragh. Please close the door behind you. You're letting the daemons in.

PlayableNPC
Hellion
PlayableNPC

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker, first time poster   Longtime lurker, first time poster I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2017, 14:33

Against my brother, he loads up tons of boys in trucks, and tons of 'ard boys with Ghaz. Lootas in the backfield, sometimes a shock attack gun back there too.

He runs the trucks up in my face denying movement, drops off boys and sits on obj with trucks. He totally rolls strength in numbers and even though orbs suck at shooting their sheer numbers strip points for targets caught in range.

He fears my grotesquerie and dark artisan (when running it). And I'll usually target 1 unit with multiple venoms/Kabbys to soften them up for assault. The big problem is his aggressiveness in denying me territory (also wrecking ball hurts), and (lol) my dice. Blasters always roll 1 Sad

Oh and his two shooty fliers suck too.

Fun fact: I don't do too terribly against blood angels though Smile
Back to top Go down
PlayableNPC
Hellion
PlayableNPC

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker, first time poster   Longtime lurker, first time poster I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2017, 14:34

Orks not orbs. Stupid autocorrect
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker, first time poster   Longtime lurker, first time poster I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2017, 16:44

Have you tried the razor wing and his Missiles? To remove large squads at once.
Back to top Go down
PlayableNPC
Hellion
PlayableNPC

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker, first time poster   Longtime lurker, first time poster I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2017, 19:24

I have and it does help, depends on the dice Gods. Ultimately I will beat him.

Fun story: we played and the game was extremely close.
In turn 5 I had a succubus running behind a couple grots. Only threat nearby was a couple of Tank Huntas (only two and didn't seem too scary)
Anyways my turn ended and he played bottom of turn 5. Score was DE Up by 1 or 2 points.

After everything was about done those two non-threatening tank Huntas decided to shoot at my HQ Succubus since she was the closest. Yeah she took one to the face. He got slay the warlord and line breaker from something else + objs to claim victory. We laughed for nearly 5 minutes. Best loss I've ever had.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker, first time poster   Longtime lurker, first time poster I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2017, 21:47

That'll happen sometimes. Sounds like you've got the right attitude though. Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker, first time poster   Longtime lurker, first time poster I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2017, 08:41

Sounds like a fun opponent. We have a ork player in our group that is so much fun to play against. He doesnt have the same bulk as your brothers by the sound of it though.

I wish you the best of luck in the future and with some reanimations you'll get him sooner or later
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker, first time poster   Longtime lurker, first time poster I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 00:44

Welcome to the Dark City. I'm certain with your gung-ho attitude you'll fit right in! Very Happy Best of luck in proving to your brother who the real alpha-monsters of the galaxy are! Twisted Evil

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker, first time poster   Longtime lurker, first time poster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Longtime lurker, first time poster
Page 1 of 1