THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

 

 Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Trueborn
CptMetal

Posts : 2958
Join date : 2015-03-03
Location : Ruhr Metropolian Area

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 15:02

Ssh. Don't tell him.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Posts : 325
Join date : 2014-12-02

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 15:07

Freak Show lists are my Favorite. Here are some of my Greatest successes.

1. Dropped a unit in between 2x 20 man Necron Warriors squads. Killed 1 in one squad with a Death Jester and Killed 6 of the other unit with combined shooting and Both Units run off the board. Smile

2. Riptide runs off the board after killing 1 of his Sheild Drones. Smile

3. Had a 700 Point Wolf Thunder Cav run off the board after Killing a Single wolf. I asked 4 Times if they were fearless and he said no.
Back to top Go down
PsychicHobo
Hellion
PsychicHobo

Posts : 69
Join date : 2016-12-21

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 15:14

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
@amorrowlyday wrote:
Realspace Raider Detachment (RRD) is a detachment. not a formation thus it can't be taken within the detachment.

Oohh, I missed that and didn't double-check myself before I spoke. My mistake. In that case, that IS pretty whack. The only DE formation allowed is a formation that is generally regarded as bad.

My hopes, so briefly risen and dashed! Still, I can live without that, will just double the detachment. Still sucks about losing that cover save though, I did actually find that very handy. I do wish us DE had a bit more formation wise.


@Rhivan wrote:
Harlies did lose something guys, you can't run them in a masque formation and run and assault in the same turn! Razz


Yeah, I'm definitely gonna miss that. BUT I don't have to take a frgrhfjf Voidweaver! Hurrah! Plus now if I plonk a member of the Triumvirate with a Troupe they won't be stopping them running and charging, I guess. Just wish they'd remembered their Plasma Grenades...
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
In Exile
avatar

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2013-04-04

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 15:15

@mrmagoo wrote:

1. Dropped a unit in between 2x 20 man Necron Warriors squads.  Killed 1 in one squad with a Death Jester and Killed 6 of the other unit with combined shooting and Both Units run off the board.   Smile

2.  Riptide runs off the board after killing 1 of his Sheild Drones.  Smile

3. Had a 700 Point Wolf Thunder Cav run off the board after Killing a Single wolf.  I asked 4 Times if they were fearless and he said no.

I can't believe people play these things...

1. Those are really large necron warrior squads to keep near the edge of a table.
2. This is why I don't take shield drones on riptides.
3. A 700 point unit of ANYTHING that isn't fearless is a no-no.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Posts : 325
Join date : 2014-12-02

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 15:22



@Rhivan wrote:
Harlies did lose something guys, you can't run them in a masque formation and run and assault in the same turn! Razz


That is again because the Masque was not a Formation. That was their Detachment, Cegorach's Revenge, which is the big one that requires. 3 Death Jesters, 3 Shadow Weavers, 1 Solitare, 3 Troupe, 2 Skyweavers, 1 Voidweaver is on the list and will allow Rising Cresceno.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Posts : 325
Join date : 2014-12-02

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 15:26

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
@mrmagoo wrote:

1. Dropped a unit in between 2x 20 man Necron Warriors squads.  Killed 1 in one squad with a Death Jester and Killed 6 of the other unit with combined shooting and Both Units run off the board.   Smile

2.  Riptide runs off the board after killing 1 of his Sheild Drones.  Smile

3. Had a 700 Point Wolf Thunder Cav run off the board after Killing a Single wolf.  I asked 4 Times if they were fearless and he said no.

I can't believe people play these things...

1. Those are really large necron warrior squads to keep near the edge of a table.
2. This is why I don't take shield drones on riptides.
3. A 700 point unit of ANYTHING that isn't fearless is a no-no.

1. This was actually a mistake on his part. He Brought 2 Monoliths and 3 Squads of Warriors and was planning the warriors coming in through the Monoliths. Neither monolith showed up and all 3 Warrior squads did. I just took advantage of his misfortune.
2. Yea he said he regretted it after doing it. Said he would never do it again.
3. That is what I said but he said it was Leadership 10 and he was planning on having to take a test at -4 after loosing 1 Wolf. Smile This was a tournament and he surrendered at the end of turn 2.

Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych
krayd

Posts : 952
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 16:09

Well, there is already a list of FAQ entries accumulating in my head that will *need* to be answered before I start making serious lists with the Ynarri faction.

1) Can a unit that has just had to disembark due to its transport being destroyed take a soulburst action from its own transport having been destroyed?

2) Is a unit that is embarked upon a transport eligible to take a soulburst action (to shoot, or disembark, for example)?

And the far less important, but still good to know:

3) Was Purge Coterie left out of the formation list on purpose, or did you just forget about it because it's not in any actual rulebook? Razz
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Posts : 7333
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 16:24

@krayd wrote:
Well, there is already a list of FAQ entries accumulating in my head that will *need* to be answered before I start making serious lists with the Ynarri faction.

1) Can a unit that has just had to disembark due to its transport being destroyed take a soulburst action from its own transport having been destroyed?

2) Is a unit that is embarked upon a transport eligible to take a soulburst action (to shoot, or disembark, for example)?

And the far less important, but still good to know:

3) Was Purge Coterie left out of the formation list on purpose, or did you just forget about it because it's not in any actual rulebook? Razz

I've opened a FAQ thread in the rules forum if you'd care to take your questions there - Count Adhemar

_________________
Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 YhBv3Wk
You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Posts : 325
Join date : 2014-12-02

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 16:25

1.  Is the Soulburst Game Turn or Player turn?


If I was Rule Lawering that question krayd,  I would have to say no to the first two.  Only because a unit doesn't count on being on the table if they are embarked on a transport.

Still good questions though.

Thanks Count going there now
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

Posts : 510
Join date : 2016-02-06
Location : Birmingham

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 16:53

Player Turn, if it was game turn it would have to specifically say so.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
In Exile
avatar

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2013-04-04

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 17:12

@Imateria wrote:
Player Turn, if it was game turn it would have to specifically say so.

This. I believe the rulebook spells this out somewhere, where it basically says any time "turn" is used, it's referring to player turn unless specifically stated otherwise.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Posts : 325
Join date : 2014-12-02

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 17:23

Yes, Its Player turn.   Someone specifically Screen Shooted the Book where it says its player Turn unless otherwise stated.

So this brings back the Kill a unit in HTH and Charge into the next unit.  Smile

EDIT: As long as you haven't already Soulbursted that turn.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

Posts : 1236
Join date : 2016-09-21

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 17:33

I think you have to be careful with the soulburst double-charge. I remember reading that your next combat starts at the initiative step you've just gone through, so you might end up getting a powerfist to the face with nothing you can do about it.

Beat option for that is to have a high I killy IC that can wipe a unit, and then allow their squad to combat the next bunch of dudes.

_________________
Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: https://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych
krayd

Posts : 952
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 17:39

@Ynneadwraith wrote:
I think you have to be careful with the soulburst double-charge. I remember reading that your next combat starts at the initiative step you've just gone through, so you might end up getting a powerfist to the face with nothing you can do about it.

Beat option for that is to have a high I killy IC that can wipe a unit, and then allow their squad to combat the next bunch of dudes.

Wouldn't wiping the unit end the fight subphase completely? There is nothing to say that the new charge sub-phase created by the soulburst action adds another fight subphase to it. So, wouldn't you just charge into the next unit, they'd get overwatch fire, and then you'd get locked in (if you got into BtB), but no one would be able to fight until the next turn, since the fight-subphase for that assault phase is already completed?
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

Posts : 464
Join date : 2016-01-25

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 17:46

I guess it matters if you charge in an ongoing combat in which a unitt died.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Posts : 1221
Join date : 2015-02-13
Location : Québec

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 18:11

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
@amorrowlyday wrote:
Realspace Raider Detachment (RRD) is a detachment. not a formation thus it can't be taken within the detachment.

Oohh, I missed that and didn't double-check myself before I spoke. My mistake. In that case, that IS pretty whack. The only DE formation allowed is a formation that is generally regarded as bad.

It WAS generally regarded as bad. But now, I'm not sure. The hellions make good sacrificial units, incubi are ok. The rest is good.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

Posts : 510
Join date : 2016-02-06
Location : Birmingham

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 18:15

@krayd wrote:
@Ynneadwraith wrote:
I think you have to be careful with the soulburst double-charge. I remember reading that your next combat starts at the initiative step you've just gone through, so you might end up getting a powerfist to the face with nothing you can do about it.

Beat option for that is to have a high I killy IC that can wipe a unit, and then allow their squad to combat the next bunch of dudes.

Wouldn't wiping the unit end the fight subphase completely? There is nothing to say that the new charge sub-phase created by the soulburst action adds another fight subphase to it. So, wouldn't you just charge into the next unit, they'd get overwatch fire, and then you'd get locked in (if you got into BtB), but no one would be able to fight until the next turn, since the fight-subphase for that assault phase is already completed?
I think it works more like you pause at the Initiative step you wipe out the unit, then Soulburst into the next and carry on at the next Initiative step.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Wych
Skulnbonz

Posts : 885
Join date : 2012-07-13
Location : Tampa

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 18:17

@Ynneadwraith wrote:


Beat option for that is to have a high I killy IC that can wipe a unit, and then allow their squad to combat the next bunch of dudes.

Or Initiative 10 hammer of wrath hits (rending of course) followed up with normal attacks on the next unit. The HOW hits would be in THEIR assault phase I assume? or we just lose them, either way, well worth the trade.

_________________
Never fistfight with ugly people. They have nothing to lose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
krayd
Wych
krayd

Posts : 952
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 18:47

@Imateria wrote:

I think it works more like you pause at the Initiative step you wipe out the unit, then Soulburst into the next and carry on at the next Initiative step.

Sounds like more fodder for the FAQ.

Though, I assume that if you wipe a unit with a sweeping advance, it would work as I just described.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
In Exile
avatar

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2013-04-04

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 21:47

@Skulnbonz wrote:
@Ynneadwraith wrote:


Beat option for that is to have a high I killy IC that can wipe a unit, and then allow their squad to combat the next bunch of dudes.

Or Initiative 10 hammer of wrath hits (rending of course) followed up with normal attacks on the next unit. The HOW hits would be in THEIR assault phase I assume? or we just lose them, either way, well worth the trade.

So if you wipe out a unit with HoW attacks and you charge into another unit, you're still on initiative 10, so do you trigger HoW hits again?
Back to top Go down
RoadRageRob666
Hellion
RoadRageRob666

Posts : 67
Join date : 2015-12-21

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 21:49

Full codex leak is out! https://imgur.com/a/ZZYSe

Also, a VERY IMPORTANT note: Under the "Reborn Warhost Detachment"  it states that "[Units] count as part of BOTH their formation and the detachment, and have all associated Command Benefits and special rules". This means that if you were to take a Ynnead's Nest formation (Warlock Windrider Conclave, Windriders, Reavers and Skyweavers) you would be using 1 HQ, 1 Troops, and 2 Fast attack slots from your Reborn Warhost Detachment.

Obviously this will limit list building, as I've found out, so we will not be able to, for example, take 2 Yneads Nest formations within a single Reborn Warhost Detachment: you would need 2 Detachments.

This is likely the reason why we dont see the RSR offered as a usable formation, since it has 6 FA slots!

I've been list building, theorycrafting, and thinking about how to make the most of Strength from Death and unit combos, and have come up with alot of thoughts that I will post later. For now, Muay Thai calls!

EDIT: Also, an additional note: Check out the command benefits for the Warhost, the one states that if the detachment has >7 units in it, you may choose TWO units to benefit from every Soulburst action...... is awesome, and could make for some great combos! Also, units w/in 7" of another unit from the same detachment DO NOT have to take the 25% loss morale check, further indicating that MSU is the way to go with this army. Oh, and every unit has stubborn, regardless of proximity to friendlies, and you can re-roll Ynnari WL traits.....sweet.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 490
Join date : 2012-08-05

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 22:28

If the charge occurs in combat, it says the action is resolved at the end of the current initiative and then moves on from there. If HoW happens at I10, and the Soulburst is at the end of I10, it seems like a stretch that you would get another set of HoW.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
In Exile
avatar

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2013-04-04

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 22:30

@RoadRageRob666 wrote:

Also, a VERY IMPORTANT note: Under the "Reborn Warhost Detachment"  it states that "[Units] count as part of BOTH their formation and the detachment, and have all associated Command Benefits and special rules". This means that if you were to take a Ynnead's Nest formation (Warlock Windrider Conclave, Windriders, Reavers and Skyweavers) you would be using 1 HQ, 1 Troops, and 2 Fast attack slots from your Reborn Warhost Detachment.

Thanks for posting that link! I think you've misunderstood this. It doesn't mean that it fills slots from the detachment also, it just means it counts as part of the detachment for special rules and such that the detachment grants, or rules that a character grants to their detachment. It actually says the same thing for every other meta-detachment in 40k, and no one rules it the way you're suggesting. That would make LOTs of the listed formations unusable, yet they're still listed there. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: So it looks very clear that it allows you to circumvent rules that limit you to 1 action per turn, but not rules that outright bar you from an action, like charging after deep striking or turbo boosting. So you should be able to turbo boost and use a soulburst to shoot, because you turbo-burst INSTEAD of shooting in your shooting phase, but the book specifically forbids you from charging after turbo boosting.

That said, this makes ynnari armies capable of chaining LOT's of shooting together.


Last edited by BetrayTheWorld on Fri Feb 10 2017, 22:35; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

Posts : 1846
Join date : 2016-08-29

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 22:32

Good to know Craftworld players won't have to change anything to benefit from a massive hike in unit utility.

_________________
Really terrible videos about tiny plastic space elfs intended to help you get gud scrub:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcZP8WGIhte5TmCWQXsZO4A

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

Posts : 510
Join date : 2016-02-06
Location : Birmingham

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 23:00

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
@RoadRageRob666 wrote:

Also, a VERY IMPORTANT note: Under the "Reborn Warhost Detachment"  it states that "[Units] count as part of BOTH their formation and the detachment, and have all associated Command Benefits and special rules". This means that if you were to take a Ynnead's Nest formation (Warlock Windrider Conclave, Windriders, Reavers and Skyweavers) you would be using 1 HQ, 1 Troops, and 2 Fast attack slots from your Reborn Warhost Detachment.

Thanks for posting that link! I think you've misunderstood this. It doesn't mean that it fills slots from the detachment also, it just means it counts as part of the detachment for special rules and such that the detachment grants, or rules that a character grants to their detachment. It actually says the same thing for every other meta-detachment in 40k, and no one rules it the way you're suggesting. That would make LOTs of the listed formations unusable, yet they're still listed there. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: So it looks very clear that it allows you to circumvent rules that limit you to 1 action per turn, but not rules that outright bar you from an action, like charging after deep striking or turbo boosting. So you should be able to turbo boost and use a soulburst to shoot, because you turbo-burst INSTEAD of shooting in your shooting phase, but the book specifically forbids you from charging after turbo boosting.

That said, this makes ynnari armies capable of chaining LOT's of shooting together.
Actually, I think it's been said elswhere that after Turbo Boosting you cant make any more volantary actions that turn, so no turbo boosting then shooting or charging, but you could shoot/charge then turbo boost on your Soulburst action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"
Back to top 
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

 :: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: