THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar five-hundo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LidlessEye
Slave
LidlessEye

Dark Eldar five-hundo Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2016, 16:30

Got a list I cooked up for an upcoming 500-point (it's a hair over, no worries) round robin with my mates. What do you think?

HQ
Succubus
Armor of Misery, Haywire Grenades, Archite Glaive

Elites
Incubi x4
Dedicated Transport Raider w/ Dark Lance

Troops
2x 5 kabalites, one w/blaster, one Sybarite with Haywire Grenades, in a Venom

The Succubus would roll with the Incubi in the Raider.

Let me know how you think it'd do!
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2016, 17:20

Id just run two blasters, take the lance off for an aethersail. That way you have a little more range with the second AT weapon, a faster approach, and dissy for anti-MEQ. I think it will be a fun list!

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2016, 18:35

Skari from scared cast is using 5 men Warrior squads in venoms with Sybarite and Haywire Grenades instead of a Blaster. He says because he can take off 2 hull points in one round.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2016, 19:00

I saw that one. Its your call, but the way i figure it, id rather have an str 8 ap2 18" range over being able to take 2 hp off in a round. the succubus can do that, let the warriors provide range support that is more flexible. Depending on your meta, how many veichles will you even face in 500 pt games?

Incubi
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2016, 20:51

You should try to get some Night Shields on your Incubi/Succi raider. Its going to be a heck of a fire magnet, the 3+ jink would be a lot nicer than a snap firing DL.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2016, 20:52

remove an incubi and the DL, for a klaivex and NS? He can take challenges for your succubus if the opponent has an invuln save

Slave
LidlessEye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11 2016, 15:49

@RedRegicide wrote:
remove an incubi and the DL, for a klaivex and NS?
Would that still leave me with enough bodies in an assault to do the job? I haven't run Incubi much, haven't seen how they hold up.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11 2016, 16:05

Well the klaivex is a sgt, iwth +1A (i believe) and rampage so he will get 2-4 more attacks than a regular incubi.

Incubi
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11 2016, 20:36

Ya, some times its nice to have someone else able to step in and take a bad challenge for the Succi. And I can tell you that the NS will pay for themselves many times over.
Back to top Go down
LidlessEye
Slave
LidlessEye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11 2016, 21:15

RedRegicide, for the record, I think you can only get one special weapon (i.e. blaster) in a unit of kabalites unless it's twenty-strong (nets you two). Trueborn can take up to four, but I gotta stick with tube-born troops choices, unless I want to go unbound.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11 2016, 23:29

That's right. I was suggesting 5 man kabalite squad in a venom with a blaster instead of 5 man kabalite squad with sgt and HG. Since you already had a blaster in another squad, youd net 2 blasters in the army

Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2016, 00:12

Hi there,

Just wanted to throw another option around, you've gone for expensive units considering the points limit, anytime something dies & we do die, you'll really feel it's lose:

DE 496 MSU

Lhamean, Cannon Venon
3 x Mandrakes
2 x 5 Warriors, Incl Syb, HWG, Raiders
3 x Reavers, Arena Champ, Agonisor, CC (WL)
Venom

Obviously, if you prefer Ob Sec venoms, swap them, but recently since the FAQ I like my Venoms empty & moving 18"

You started with a Raider & 2 Venoms on the board, you could have 2 Raiders, 2 Venoms, Reavers & scouting Mandrakes.

AT wise, you get another HWG, Reavers & 2 Dissie Raiders over 1 Lance Raider (transporting Melee).

Not forgetting Mandrakes, use their cover save, or scout froward & tie up that unit your enemy wants to be massacring you with, for as long as you make the saves lol

Yes our Succubus, the way you have her is our best HQ unit probably, but she needs Grots to shine, ideally from Covens, Incubi are sadly poor replacements.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2016, 02:00

how do they move 18"!?

Incubi
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2016, 12:51

Uh, I think he mis-spoke. You can move 12" in the movement phase, then 18" Flat Out in the shooting phase (for a total of 30"). Unless I am missing something big.
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2016, 21:48

Opps, yes that was a typo:

I meant that now embarked troops can fire @ full BS after Jinking, but only if the transport moves <6"
Back to top Go down
LidlessEye
Slave
LidlessEye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27 2016, 15:46

May be too late in the game to resuscitate the thread here, but I tweaked the list based on suggestions from Rewind, above. List I'm considering now:

HQ
1 Lamean in Venom w/splinter cannon

Troops:
5 kabalites, one with blaster
Dedicated Raider w/nightshields

5 kabalites, one with blaster
Dedicated Venom with splinter cannon

FA
3 Reavers, one with Cluster Caltrops
1 Venom with splinter cannon
1 Raider

Thoughts? Is a Raider without any wargear worth the 55 points, or should I go for something like Rewind's original suggestions above and toss in a fistful of Mandrakes for objectives?
Thanks, all.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar five-hundo   Dark Eldar five-hundo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar five-hundo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists