THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

The size of darkage miniatures

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

The size of darkage miniatures Empty
PostSubject: The size of darkage miniatures   The size of darkage miniatures I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2011, 20:55

So im a huge fan of the coven theme and I own quiet a few wracks,grotesques,haemonculus. I was browsing the Interwebway portals and came across darkage miniatures. The toxic cult army the put out would fit in a coven army with very little modifications.

http://www.dark-age.com/showimage.php?id=338 as haemonculus with some extra arms glued on.

So does anyone know the scale of these models and if they would match up with 40k models?

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The size of darkage miniatures   The size of darkage miniatures I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2011, 21:16

If I'm correct they are in 30 mm scale (size actually depend on model), however they are mounted on Warmachine bases (it's "normal" slot base with extra-big rounded edge) so appear smaller.

Here is comparision shot of different manufacturers:
The size of darkage miniatures Ladies
SJB Studios, Magnificent Egoes, Tactical Miniatures, Reaper, Games Workshop, Wyrd, Dark Age, Spyglass, Hasslefree, I-Kore

DA is second right from middle grey.

Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

PostSubject: Re: The size of darkage miniatures   The size of darkage miniatures I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2011, 22:13

They appear to be a smaller scale then GW models =(

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The size of darkage miniatures   The size of darkage miniatures I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2011, 22:17

Heh, no. DA girl is smaller because GW girl have "Kommizar" cap while she don't (not sure if she ain't bald actually). Look at shoulders level, it's more visible.

[edit]
Ok, found better picture:

The size of darkage miniatures WithDryad

GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The size of darkage miniatures   The size of darkage miniatures I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2011, 16:26

They are the same scale. The sculpting is a little different in style than GW, but they are the same scale. I have a few Dark Age figures of my own and I don't see any significant difference.

The size of darkage miniatures Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The size of darkage miniatures   The size of darkage miniatures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The size of darkage miniatures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: