THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar and Harlequins 1850

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

Dark Eldar and Harlequins 1850 Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar and Harlequins 1850   Dark Eldar and Harlequins 1850 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2016, 07:37

Hello again! I come with another list idea!

Dark Eldar: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment)
HQ
Succubus w/archite glaive and armor of misery

4X warriors in dual cannon venom

Raider w/dark lance

2X heat lance scourges

2X triple lance Ravagers

Grotesquerie
2X grotesques, abberation's w/scissorhands
2X Raiders w/dark lance
Haemonculus

Cast of Players
Inriam's Spectre
ML2 Shadowseer w/mask
troupe w/5 caress's (including master)

Idea is to load the Cast of players into the raider turn 1 while having the grot's raiders boost straight into the enemy lines. Grots hit the toughest enemy units, and the clowns tear apart anything else, possible getting some nice shrieks off with all the -LD stuff.
Scourges drop in and pop some tanks. With the amount of stuff that should be in the enemies face, they might even survive a turn!
Venoms and Ravagers sit back and blast away.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Harlequins 1850   Dark Eldar and Harlequins 1850 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2016, 11:54

I like the list. Do you have any ICs with the 2nd Grot unit? If not, they are going to suffer from Ld4 until Fearless kicks in on Turn 2. A relatively small risk but an opponent could target their Raider and force them to take Pinning tests when it's wrecked.

BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Harlequins 1850   Dark Eldar and Harlequins 1850 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2016, 13:23

@Count Adhemar wrote:
I like the list. Do you have any ICs with the 2nd Grot unit? If not, they are going to suffer from Ld4 until Fearless kicks in on Turn 2. A relatively small risk but an opponent could target their Raider and force them to take Pinning tests when it's wrecked.

It doesnt matter if they fail. They would stand right back up once fearless kicks in.

Speaking of your list, @stevethedestroyerofworlds, im not a fan of warrior venoms. Yes, you get OS, but at a very high tax. I would include 2 venom warriors and the other 2 empty as FA or CG (llhamaean transport) slots.

Im also not a fan of heat lance scourges, specially taking into consideration that their S6 wont cut it if you slip out of melta range in your DS. Have you tried haywire blasters on them?

Dark Lance Ravagers are a thing of the past, when they costed 105p and could move 12UM and shoot. Now they are too expensive for what they bring to the table. Have you tried dissie ravagers?

Not fond of the scissorhand in the aberration either. Maybe its personal preference but I prefer my cc units as cheap and disposable as possible. Also, mi advice is to not pay for dark lance on transports, as they will probably jink all game long and a one shot weapon hitting on sixes aint gonna cut it. Maybe consider Nightshields for them.

I take for granted you want the Succubi with glaive with the cast of players, right? Thats a big investment on a single unit. Maybe get an archon with 2+ invulnerable save to take hits for the team? I dont know, as I said Im more of an MSU type of guy so I generally dislike pricey units.

Hope I helped and didnt come across as a buzzkiller. Good luck!

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Harlequins 1850   Dark Eldar and Harlequins 1850 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2016, 15:10

@BizarreShowbiz wrote:
@Count Adhemar wrote:

It doesnt matter if they fail. They would stand right back up once fearless kicks in.

True for the Pinning test but if the unit were to take any casualties, either from an explosion or being shot at afterwards, they'd struggle to pass the morale check and there's a real chance they'd run off the board if you don't get first turn.

stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Harlequins 1850   Dark Eldar and Harlequins 1850 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2016, 19:34

@Count Adhemar wrote:
The Succubus is most likely going to ride with the grots. In some situations she might roll with the Cast of Players, but generally adding the guaranteed ap2 to the grots, as well as the LD bonus is better.

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar and Harlequins 1850   Dark Eldar and Harlequins 1850 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar and Harlequins 1850
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: