THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Quality of life suggestions

Go down 
+2
Gobsmakked
Causalis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

Quality of life suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Quality of life suggestions   Quality of life suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06 2016, 14:13

Would it be possible to change the Notifications in such a way that we just get one notification when something is posted in a thread we are watching, instead of receiving a notification for each new post in a thread? Because right now I am just watching a handful of threads but I get over 30 notifications.

Example:

I watch Thread A. Since I last logged in, the thread got 5 new posts in it. Currently that would mean I get 5 notifications. Instead I would like to just get 1 notification.

Another minor issue: Why is the "mark all topics as read" button all the way at the bottom of the page? We have the "Actions" button at the top right corner, why not put it there?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Quality of life suggestions   Quality of life suggestions I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2016, 09:27

Thanks for the input, Causalis. I need to spend some more time under the hood on the weekend regarding the notification piece. I will let you know.

Does anyone else have the same preference for just one notification for any/all new activity in a particular thread, instead of one per post?

As for "Mark all topics ..." being at the bottom left, I believe it is aesthetics as much as anything. It balances the bottom-right "Start watching forum" button, and it helps keep the top of the page with the header, toolbar and a couple of buttons already cleaner and tidier.
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: Quality of life suggestions   Quality of life suggestions I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2016, 10:48

Very much appreciated. Smile
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Quality of life suggestions   Quality of life suggestions I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2016, 18:38

I think this sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: Quality of life suggestions   Quality of life suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29 2016, 18:32

Quote :
Does anyone else have the same preference for just one notification for any/all new activity in a particular thread, instead of one per post?

Buddy, no one visits this part of the forum unless they want to report a bug or request something. If you want more opinions on this I would suggest making a sticky on every sub-forum or something like a disclaimer at the top of the page. Smile

Did you have the time yet to play around with the code?
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Quality of life suggestions   Quality of life suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29 2016, 22:05

I visit all parts of the forums. By the way, this thread has been viewed 154 times, at the moment I wrote this, so I wouldn't say no one visits this part of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: Quality of life suggestions   Quality of life suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30 2016, 08:33

No one visits this part of the forum, compared to other parts like the tactics etc*

-Fixed.

If a lot of people would actually visit this thread, they would have given their opinion on the possible change. But since I posted the thread at the start of the month and we have almost Septembre now, I think it's safe to say that this thread won't reach nearly enough people to have a considerable pool of opinions regarding the proposed changes.

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Quality of life suggestions   Quality of life suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30 2016, 11:13

I'm mostly using my phone so I don't see any notifications anyway...
Back to top Go down
Elvellyn
Hellion
Elvellyn

PostSubject: Re: Quality of life suggestions   Quality of life suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10 2016, 08:15

I vote for 1 notification per thread!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quality of life suggestions   Quality of life suggestions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quality of life suggestions
Page 1 of 1