THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cozork
Hellion
cozork

Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters? Empty
PostSubject: Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters?   Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2011, 01:27

On a more serious note though... i've been struggling to make a decision between two possible paint jobs for my new dark eldar army, one is strongly reminiscent of necrons; a very dark metal with green... or blue glowing parts everywhere.
the other one is purple plates with turquoise highlights, i like both, but i really cant decide....
any thoughts or colour scheme ideas?

but yeah, if you think venoms should come with four blasters on the sprues as standard we can chat about that too (:

Modded - Please take some time to read the forum rules [click here] about double-posting and using properly formatted messages.

Please also consider the more appropriate forum sections for painting suggestions. Gobsmakked.
Back to top Go down
Archon Mephitic
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters?   Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2011, 12:46

I say go for metal with glowing parts. Only because mine are purple and turquoise and they would get angry if they saw someone else with the same clothes.

I think every box should come with 4 blasters. I tried to find some on the internet for my Trueborn, but, everyone else seems to have the same idea and I could only find 2.I didn't try Ebay though so, I might be missing out there.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters?   Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2011, 13:43

IMHO GW should NOT add special weapons to their units (only basic stuff + grenades, like Warriors with SRifles, Pistols and CCW).

Yeah, I'm sane.

However they should be "bits shop", selling sprues with upgrades - like 4x Blaster + Lance sprue, "sergeant" with all options on one sprue, vehicle upgrades (all on one sprue, minus weapons that should be "standard") etc. Oh and hence they would lower ammount of stuff per box, how about more models/better price?

Kinda like Carnifex + Tervigon upgrade sprue from Chapter House.

That would be like skip from communism (lack of money AND lack of goodies on shelves) to capitalism (still not enough gold but at least You can buy something).

Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters? TattoosigtlWho Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters? TattoosigseWho Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters? Tattoosigow
"Most vile thing you can read. Ever." - Our Forum Rules
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters?   Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2011, 20:22

Or they gw could bring back bit orders, I loved buying its straight from gw with giant catalog.

I vote metallic with glowing, should be relatively easy to do lighting sources on dark neutral metalic.

Great analogy Local_Ork, unfortunately many young people here in U.S. won't understand it. We have protesters tying to end capitalism so they get more stuff, Evil or Very Mad they need to read some history, instead of public school propaganda. (my high school historybook said Bladerunner was "accurate representations of 1980's urban life". Razz I had someone say to "the Soviet Union had more rights then us" . I was left speechless and apprently pale, they then commented that I looked like I had seen a ghost. Most of people my age or younger that know anything about U.S. history have been immigrants.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters?   Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2011, 17:58

//rant on

Heh. Beeing young Pole helps a bit but I can understand (or "not at all", becuase I totally can't understand fow it is to be American since I'm ain't one) why people don't quite know what is going on different continent.
Even now, with internet, US and European (probably same with Asian, African and Australian, can't say because I'm familiar with two mentioned) media show drastically defferent world - a little like we live on different planet. Hell, even German, Polish and Russian media differ.

To be honest most of GW success lie in "we produce best looking minis". That's a LIE actually (They are good BUT as sculptor-wannabe I must say even newest FC stuff can't be compared with some of "small" manufacturers - look at Racham stuff, old but even those are more detailed. Or McVey limited minis. Or (hehe, tgat's low-blow) Forge World. Or new "Zbrush" manufacturers. Way better, both technically and "conceptional" (GW "kid friendly" attitude limits them. I would like to see "old school" Wyches and Succubus redone. Or Wracks beeing more... "bloody").).

//rant off

To be honest they should change model of distribution. How many bits You have? O have A LOT, probably never gonna use most of them. And I still don't have stuff I want for my Orks (for example I have a lot of AoBR Boyz and Nobz, tho converted because GW don't sell "just arms with weapons" sprues) from GW. Yes, I can buy 2 whole Lootas box just to get 8 (I need 5) Deff guns, that's reasonable, isn't it?

Also, this would help them minimalise ammount of different kits while maximising ammount of units
You can create. Also any new unit could be covered with simple sprue, thus minimalising ammount of time needed for making kits, thus limiting need for "Scratchbuild Extravaganzas" (look at Nids, half of their good units (Tervigons, Swarmlords, let's pretend Harpies and T-fexes are good too) must be done "on our own" instead of *just* going to GW store and picking kit, giving GW money). Oh, right, totally gonna spend £31.00 for Carnifex (I need carpace, maybe head and ST) and then £6-12 on greenstuff and base and HOPING this would not look like [put approprieate word]? Yeah, totally better deal than buying that from chapterhouse and bits stores (who minimlise GW profits by redistribution of goods).

IMHO GW is terrible at business.
Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters? Underpants-gnomes1

There is one thing:
GW could demand higher price for their product, however most kits (especially 2in1, like Talos) would be cheaper (than now) for customer.
This also help "impulse customers" (the "nah, I can pay £1-2 more: multiply that by x" rule) and "milkmoney customers" (who can afford few £1-2 sprues). First would help with recent (and retarded, no offence to anyone) "policy of secrecy", second with their "main" (also retarded, I guess most of us are 20+ guys/women) target - kids.
This is exactly how LEGO works.

Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters? TattoosigtlWho Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters? TattoosigseWho Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters? Tattoosigow
"Most vile thing you can read. Ever." - Our Forum Rules
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters?   Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Else Thinks The Venom Box Should Contain Four Blasters?
Page 1 of 1