THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Blasterborn spam

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Deathwasp11
Hellion
Deathwasp11

Blasterborn spam Empty
PostSubject: Blasterborn spam   Blasterborn spam I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2016, 15:21

I'm not a big fan of blasterborn, but I had this idea for a list. Mabe in large groups thay could do well. What do you guys think.

CAD#1
Lhameans in venom / cannons
3x 5 trueborn w/ 4 blasters in venom w/ cannons
2x5 warriors in venom w/ canbons

CAD#2
Lhameans in venom / cannons
3x 5 trueborn w/ 4 blasters in venom w/ cannons
2x5 warriors in venom w/ canbons

The total points come out to 1650 .
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
In Exile

Blasterborn spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blasterborn spam   Blasterborn spam I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2016, 18:51

I don't like blasterborn. For the same price, you could do this list:

CAD#1
Lhamean in venom / cannons 75
3x venom w/ cannons 195
2x5 warriors in venom w/ cannons 210
3x Ravagers with triple lances 375

CAD#2
Lhamean in venom / cannons 75
2x venom w/ cannons 130
2x5 warriors in venom w/ cannons 210
3x Ravagers with triple lances 375
Total: 1645

This has basically all the firepower of the other list with more surviveability. It has 1 less venom, but replaces each blasterborn squad with a ravager that doesn't die en masse every time a venom blows up.

Blasterborn were good in a time when we were far more limited on the number of detachments we could run(like when we only had ONE). Now that we can field multiple detachments in almost every tournament format, ravagers are simply a far better option in nearly every case. The only time I'd suggest blasterborn is maybe when you're looking to add some more AT but all of your heavy support slots are full and you've only got about 115 spare points, so an additional detachment isn't an option. And even then, I'd only suggest doing it if you had already planned to spend points on a fast attack venom that you could re-purpose to being a dedicated transport. Otherwise, scourges would probably be a better option.

Basically, blasterborn are EXTREMELY niche. It's very difficult to construct a situation where another unit wouldn't do their job better.
Back to top Go down
Deathwasp11
Hellion
Deathwasp11

Blasterborn spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blasterborn spam   Blasterborn spam I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2016, 19:52

Yeah, I think thay cost way to much, it was just an idea I was playing around with.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Incubi
fisheyes

Blasterborn spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blasterborn spam   Blasterborn spam I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2016, 01:04

So you both are trying to max out a single slot, requiring two CADs. What if you combined the two into a single cad, 3 blasterborn and 3 ravagers. This leaves you enough points for some FA if you so choose
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

Blasterborn spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blasterborn spam   Blasterborn spam I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2016, 01:43

next game try having an archon with blaster/blast pistol and portal, deep strike a 5man trueborn in a DL raider with 4 blasters and a blast pistol behind some poor metal bawx. its costs more than you want to know but its forging the narrative hard lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blasterborn spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blasterborn spam   Blasterborn spam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blasterborn spam
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-