THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ossefactors vs artillery

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
prince_machiavelli
Slave
prince_machiavelli

Ossefactors vs artillery Empty
PostSubject: Ossefactors vs artillery   Ossefactors vs artillery I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2016, 04:55

Hi fellow archons, first post here.

What is everyone's understanding of how the "calcific spears" special rule applies in artillery units?

The general rule is to use the guns toughness for all shooting attacks - eg a vaults wrath crewman has a T3 in his profile but uses T7 for shooting attacks. does that mean that if you remove a crewman from play as a result of an ossefactor hit you get D6 S7 or S3 hits on the unit?
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactors vs artillery   Ossefactors vs artillery I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2016, 04:59

Pretty sure the calcific Spears specify the removed models toughness.

Slave
prince_machiavelli

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactors vs artillery   Ossefactors vs artillery I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2016, 05:02

They do. That's my gut feeling is that it is probably simply T3. However, the rule relating to artillery arguably overrules it because the ossefactor is a shooting attack that technically wounded against T7.

From a fluff perspective T3 makes more sense
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactors vs artillery   Ossefactors vs artillery I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2016, 07:27

"The Strength of these hits is equal to the Toughness characteristic of the model removed as a casualty"

prince_machiavelli
Slave
prince_machiavelli

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactors vs artillery   Ossefactors vs artillery I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2016, 07:40

Yep guess it is pretty clear.

What has everyone's experience with ossefactors been?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactors vs artillery   Ossefactors vs artillery I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2016, 08:59

Underwhelming

Fauxmonculus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactors vs artillery   Ossefactors vs artillery I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2016, 19:39

I always take them in my Scalpel Squadron. They might not be the best investment of points but when they work it can be hilarious.
Back to top Go down
prince_machiavelli
Slave
prince_machiavelli

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactors vs artillery   Ossefactors vs artillery I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2016, 22:40

Yeah.Ill give them a go. I think the Fleshnane AP2 is pretty good. Two of those and 24 splinter shots should be able to do a bit of damage against small high value or toughness units
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactors vs artillery   Ossefactors vs artillery I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2016, 12:57

I often go for a full kitted scalpel squadron when i know a WK is approaching, mostly for the fleshbane rule.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactors vs artillery   Ossefactors vs artillery I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ossefactors vs artillery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: