HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

My Coven Tantalus

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 14:56

Well as usual, i always have some down time XD

so here is the progress:

The look of the Tantalus right now. The passangers are just put on, so i can paint them properly . also a comparison, of how high the tantalus is flying.
My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 Iaqe-d-c51c

A closer look on the Wrack Doc. he'll get a quite dead looking Guardsmen at his feet - so the doc needs something new to play with.
My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 Iaqe-e-aab3

Chains at the side. first just a test. the other sides will get them in a later state, as ill be stuffing some more areas, so i don't need them hanging around at the moment ;-)
My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 Iaqe-f-9bf3

Last but not least, my base. it'll get more details, e.g. i'll try to make a guardsmen cowering behind one of the walls.
My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 Iaqe-g-c74d

Next things will be to cover the "wings" with a talos amour like structure, to implement the talos chains into the model. at the moment it looks a little lost on the wings.
then i'll attack the sail, as i want it to look like skin, so it needs some stitching.

so far, so good

sláinte

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2011, 15:08

Um..wow. That is a great model with NICE conversions for the crew. Do you have the next year slated for painting it? That is a massive model.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2011, 20:54

Converted Wracks on deck are good conversions by themselves, look amazing on giant vehicle. Creature on front is great idea. looking forward to seeing the flails integrated into wings you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2011, 21:44

Great conversions and additions you are making Crazy, really giving it some nice character. I am seriously tempted to just buy one myself.

................... Aaaaargh!
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 10:16

Evil Space Elves, yes, i guess it'll be a pretty long painting progress. if its finish by GD Germany next year, i guess i'll bring it, but that's still far off.

abjectus: It just loos silly, when there is no one on such a giant boat. especially because its open topped. we'll also see how much of my thoughts, regarding the flails, i can bring into GS XD

Gobsmakked: Yeah, i also really like the look of the model. i wanted to let it look a bit different then the regular Tantalus. And yes i guess the model as it is, is tempting ;-)

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19 2011, 18:58

Well here is the next update.

so far i am quite pleased with my work. If finished the amour on the wings, that integrate the flails into the wings, and i have finished one side of the sail.. and it seems to have taken ages XD

so here are some pictures:
My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 Iaqe-h-70ef
I'm happy with the result, as it isn't too difficult, but still is a good result.

My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 Iaqe-i-6f49
My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 Iaqe-j-1f0e
The amour is not yet finished. it will get some of the spikes, the talos amour has, and it may need some smoothing, which i will try with the liquid GS. Hope to get hands on a pod tomorrow, as they all have been sold out at our local GW.

Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19 2011, 19:10

It looks great you are better with GS than I am so I don't think the armour on the wings look bad.

The stitching on the other side of the sail is going to be harder because it will need to match the side that you already have done.
Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19 2011, 19:56

This...this is very inspiring. I really love the detail on the sails, I normally don't care for the sails on the Dark Eldar transports. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20 2011, 00:11

Hey, i inspire, i'm so close to fulfilling my plan! XD glad you like it.

@Cailos: Yep, that will be a challenge. but here is how i'll do it. I have done a picture of the one side, that i'll flip with a graphic program on my pc, and then i will draw the lines onto the other side. we'll see how good that plan can be executed ;-)

slaínte

Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20 2011, 00:24

@Gobsmakked wrote:
Great conversions and additions you are making Crazy, really giving it some nice character. I am seriously tempted to just buy one myself.

................... Aaaaargh!

Hope to pick mine up when I'm home for Xmas! What does it weigh? (I might be able to bring 2 back! Wink)

Crazy_Irish, that looks fantastic!
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20 2011, 00:44

This thing makes me feel incredibly jealous. I so want one such ship for my army as well...

Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20 2011, 03:58

Just a thought- You may want to consider "drilling" some faces into the sails; Two eyeholes and a screaming mouth-hole here and there might reinforce the "skin" idea...
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20 2011, 09:03

I like this a lot!

It takes great bravery to convert a FW, i know that. But your are doing very well!
One minor hint, i don't know if you have considered this, but i would take some realy fine sandpaper and sand the GS-Work you have done on the "wings" smooth.

Some people say, you can't sand GS, but if you take 800 or 1000 Sandpaper it is working wonderfull. Especially when you add a drop of water to te sanding process.

In any chase: Keep on with this!
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20 2011, 09:58

That makes me very happy, that so many like it! Tanks a lot for your support ;-)

Tanks Hydra, i really didn't think that you could sandpaper GS, but i will try it!

Deneris, i actual though of that, and i guess i'll give it a try, even though the sail is pretty thick, but i guess it would look pretty good.

SirTainly, i would guess it at 0,5Kilo. ;-)

PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Coven Tantalus
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: