THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

My Coven Tantalus

Go down 
+11
abjectus
Gobsmakked
xzandrate
Cailos
Deneris
Thor665
GAR
Evil Space Elves
Local_Ork
Raucir Lustingclaw
Crazy_Irish
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 11:00

Hey there,

here i will show my progress on my Tantalus, that will be for my Coven(just on Part of my Raiding Force).
So it will be Mounted only by Coven Units, well maybe the Laem.....girl will also finde a place. if it fits the picture.

anyho, here first of all a comparison in size.
My Coven Tantalus Tantal10
so Size does matter XD

and next up a closeup on the Tantalus.
My Coven Tantalus Tantal11

I really enjoyed putting it together. even though there are a few places that i'll have to stuff, i am very pleased with the quality of the model, as it is just gabs between parts that i'll have to stuff.

Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 13:30

Oh my days. Is that the Forgeworld model? I thought it was called a Reaper?

Beautiful either way, looking forward to seeing the paintjob!

Raucir

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 13:42

For some reason I thought for a moment it's Raider conversion... it's chopped into pieces like hell.

But hey, look at that - brass floor. That's... professional-uberhardcore-oldschool scale modeling people.

Exactly opposite what You see on GW toys.

While unpainted this model does NOT impress me, it may be awesome base for paintjob.

My Coven Tantalus 000db84t My Coven Tantalus Img4c3db0e815f38 My Coven Tantalus 000d98de

Like this things

@Raucir Lustingclaw

Reaper is Raider with big, ram-like Haywire Cannon. Something that You actually CAN do from Raider kit without serious scratchbuild bonanza.

[edit]
Moved to Painting and Modelling

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 14:10

WOW! The size comparison really does it justice. That thing is a BEAST! Looking forward to some painted pics.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 15:16

Local_Ork: Well i can really say, that i will not reach that kind of paint job... but ill try ! But some well nice Pictures you got there. will have to try my best, but first, more conversion XD

My driver is build out of a Haemi and a wrack, and the left parts where put together to build a Haemonculi master. If you ride that kind of boat, you'll need to be extra special ;-)

Here a close up on the driver(more hands, more to steer the boat. A forth arm will be petting some kind of... well animal? XD
My Coven Tantalus Driver10

and here the Haemonculi master
My Coven Tantalus Master10
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 16:32

I am really liking the model and the conversion work is fabulous!

My Coven Tantalus Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 16:55

Yeah, the Haem driver is ace.

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 18:24

Glad you like my conversion.

Here are some minor conversions on some wracks to act as mounted crew
My Coven Tantalus Wrack110

My Coven Tantalus Wrack210

And my Lhamaer girl. I'm not sure what and if she will get a place on deck, but i just like the looks of here.
we'll see.
My Coven Tantalus Laemha10

Next thing to do, fill the gaps and put on some spikes and chains.

Hellion
Deneris

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 18:52

Looking great so far.... My coven would love to tool around in this...

One question- Why is the first wrack "rider" facing backwards?
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 19:32

@Deneris wrote:
Looking great so far.... My coven would love to tool around in this...

One question- Why is the first wrack "rider" facing backwards?
So he can shot the people coming from behind.
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 19:41

Or maybe he likes the feel of wind on his spinal lump? Wink
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 19:44

@Deneris wrote:
Or maybe he likes the feel of wind on his spinal lump? Wink
Or he doesn't like to see where he is going because he likes surprises.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 20:03

Or he's a little smitten by a Wych and is trying to catch her attention to show off his abs?

Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 20:08

No I got it.......I almost don't want to say it but...........

The Liquidifer Gun is mounted in his rear.

"Master, I want a Liquidifer Gun." says Wrack
"Ok where do you want me to connect it?" says Master
"I really don't care, Surprise me!" says Wrack
"You sure?" says Master
"Yes" says Wrack
"Your call." says Master

I am sorry OP. I am doing this because I am bored so it isn't anything against you.
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 21:15

Nah, they just put eyes in the back of his head.

This really does look nice, I think I'm going to have to get one.

Have we gotten what it will be AV/structure point wise?

I know i've heard about Heavy Dissies, and super blade vanes.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 21:15

Except he would burn himself because of movement...

Oh so that's why he is crazy piece of chopped meat that act as cannon fodder! That explains a lot.

[edit]
Ninja'd!

Anyway... It appear You had some problems with assembling that ship.
My Coven Tantalus Wrack110
Don't look too good. Can You disassemble it? That part need some heat-bending in water (not sure if hairdryer would give enough heat to bend it right on) becuase IMHO it WOULD annoy you at some point.

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 21:47

Beautiful model Crazy-Irish, I am supremely jealous. Thanks for posting your pics.

Nice conversion work, too, this thing's going to look great!

Would it be possible, please, to get a shot of the underside of the hull? The biggest issue I am having with kitbashing one is the fins and the keel line underneath, keeping them straight and aligned while trying to narrow the front portion of each hull and blend it into the rear.

Would really appreciate it. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 22:09

Really nice pictures, the best I've seen yet. Nice conversion with the wracks too. That seem local_ork pointed out, if you can't disassemble to straiten, maybe file down high spot then sculpt smoth with putty and sand with very fine grit to remove seam. Milliput would work better then greenstuff for that application. It's a 2 part like greenstuff, but thins with water to feather into resin. It would also make good substitute for GW new liquid greenstuff. I'm thinking if you leave it you will keep seeing the flaw, instead of the perfection of the rest of the model.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 01:51

The reason, why one of the wracks is looking backwards is because i envision the Tantalus to be in the middle of the fray. So you can jump to any side and meet a foe, and thats what it's suppose to show.
The Tantalus as the Center of the raiding force, and all around them the party goes wild!

Any you would think that, this middle would be the wildest and craziest of them all, then your wrong. The Covens are some sick people and they are merciless in their brutality. They don't jump around like wyches and warriors, they are silent and thats what makes them really scary. You would expect screams and hectic slaughter but all you see it that guy with his expressionless mask standing on the boat, thats hanging full of chains and signs of torture...

well thats the mood i'm going for XD

xzandrate: It has 12/12/10 and no structure points, as it is a HS choice or a dedicated transporter for the court. Its weapons are two Dissis but each with double the shots.
the blades are just as the ones of the reavers, but instead of d3 S4 its D6 S7 DS2 against infantry or one S7 hit with one additional d6 for amour penet. against vehicles.
Pointcost is just ober 200.

Local_Ork: I could have disassembled it, but as the resin at that place is pretty thick it would have been a job and a half, to squeeze it into position, so i decided to just clean it out with GS, but thanks for pointing it out!

abjectus:Yeah, i could have used milliput... but i wanted to try out my new tools(Clay Shaper) and it work really well. I'll maybe have to go over one or two parts again, but i'm pretty much happy about my work so far.

Here a picture of the part.
(it happens to be that part that turned out the worst XD )
My Coven Tantalus Mindth10

Gobsmakked: I'm not exactly sure if i have understand you correctly but do these pics do the job?
My Coven Tantalus Underb10
My Coven Tantalus Underb11

Well, im glad you all like it so far. Next up will be some more cleaning ;-) and then fixing some chains and stuff to the hull. Oh and the Haemi is getting his pet. letz see what kind of ugly GS creature i'll create XD so stay tuned

Kabalite Warrior

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 06:02

I see you didn't need suggestions. By the time someone buys clay shapers they normally now what there doing.

The wracks looking all around should look good mid game, when the enemy is dying in all directions.

Looks like for a kitbash only the back of the raider hull would be used. Why does nothing use the raider front? Dark eldar kitbashers must form piles of raider fronts on the corner of desks.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 06:20

Those pics are absolutely perfect, thank you very much C_I! It might be possible to use the front of a Raider hull, with an awful lot of hacking though.

It just looks amazing from every angle, doesn't it? I luv the fact that you are crewing it with Wracks, that's going to be a nice touch.

Don't be a stranger. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 13:47

I'm glad that the pictures are pleased with the pictures and yes that model looks amazing from every angle XD

Well i have a new addition to the, maybe crew, maybe inhabitant of the vehicle ? XD
My Coven Tantalus Tantal13My Coven Tantalus Tantal14

it was first just supposed to be a creature, (maybe once a warrior, then a Talos or Grotesque, and now this) that was just there hacking and slaying stuff that came into his reach, but now the sail is so near, that i will integrate the tip of the sail into the creature, so that it seems that the sail is part of his spine.

and the working place of captain haemonculis has also improved
My Coven Tantalus Tantal15

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 17:53

How fragile are those large deck plates? Are they the brass ones Hydra mentioned leading up to Games Day?

I don't think I would like to put too much pressure on them.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 18:03

Technically You could reinforce them with 1-2mm plexiglass cut-out (just glue it after painting), however it looks like 0.2 thick plate, that one should resist full unit of plastic/resin models.

Also You may try to use clear base for removable crew, like Lhamaean.
My Coven Tantalus Clear-base-trial

Also good job with fixing rear My Coven Tantalus Cheers

Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 00:17

@Local_Ork wrote:
Technically You could reinforce them with 1-2mm plexiglass cut-out (just glue it after painting), however it looks like 0.2 thick plate, that one should resist full unit of plastic/resin models.

Also You may try to use clear base for removable crew, like Lhamaean.
My Coven Tantalus Clear-base-trial

Also good job with fixing rear My Coven Tantalus Cheers

Thanks! Yeah i like it too. will see how it looks after its painted. but thats still a good bid away.

The brass is pretty resistant just if you would really press into it. But a model, even a metal figure wouldn't harm it that easy, i'm really happy about the decision to use the brass.

The plexiglass is a good idea, maybe i'll go with it, i'll definitely keep it in mind.

so today i bought another package of wracks, so i got another wrack standing still. He'll be my mad doc...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Coven Tantalus Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Coven Tantalus   My Coven Tantalus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Coven Tantalus
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-