HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Just got my Haemonculus...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mirarii
Hellion
Mirarii

Just got my Haemonculus... Empty
PostSubject: Just got my Haemonculus...   Just got my Haemonculus... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 22:28

So this is my first HQ unit, and first finecast model. I really wanna make this one look nice, and think I have enough experience after painting most of the battleforce. (I'd post pictures of what I've painted so far, and how far I've come in experience, but my camera is a phone, and sucks)

So, does anyone have any tips for painting him? I'm doing an Obsidian rose army, so its mostly black/dark, dark, DARK red, with bright reddish/orange highlights for armor.

Edit: I have spent some time on google and haven't found anything, so I came here.
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Haemonculus...   Just got my Haemonculus... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 22:40

Go hit up MiniWarGaming.com tommorow, I believe that's when they are giving the free Vault access. There are a couple videos done by Kris that show you how to bring your orangish highlights back to a red. I'm sure the same idea would work to darken all the red.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Haemonculus...   Just got my Haemonculus... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 14:37

My recommendation is to mix GW Dark flesh and GW Scab red in equal amounts, and then add in the tiniest amount of black, less than a drop.

Once this is done, begin highlighting with a mix of GW Blood red and Dark flesh, the blood red and lastly Blazing Orange.

Be sure to thin your paints other wise it will look weird, Several layers will need to be applied to get the effect your looking for.

Also, another way of going about this is

you tube obsidian rose
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Haemonculus...   Just got my Haemonculus... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got my Haemonculus...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: