THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

New and Impulsive

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
seasonschange87
Slave
seasonschange87

New and Impulsive Empty
PostSubject: New and Impulsive   New and Impulsive I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29 2015, 00:56

Hey there,

I impulse bought 5x Wracks, 5x Scourges, 5x Kabalite warriors and 10x Wytches. In the middle of painting them and doing some research and I realised the codex I bought from the GW store was also out of date (I wasn't told that this was the case).

(I realise I sound like a sucker, but this was born out of pure nostalgia as I had a few Space Wolves when I was 14 that my step mother gave away. I saved up and got a little carried away, I admit.)

Now, my question is what would you recommend to make this a playable army in friendly games?
around 750 points? I am at the end of working 3 weeks straight and I will be going to a local hobby store (not GW) to buy the new codex, more paints and maybe another unit or two in the next couple of days.

From what I've read, burning the wytches sounds like a pretty general consensus but I think they have potential.  

I love the idea of flanking with fast glass cannon units while distracting with something big that will smash their face, giving them the option to choose either sliced throats or smashed in skulls with a small amount of hope for survival. Kind of like a Dark Eldar Jigsaw from the Saw series... Maybe I need to paint a solitaire a Jigsaw theme..

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

New and Impulsive Empty
PostSubject: Re: New and Impulsive   New and Impulsive I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29 2015, 05:17

I took some green stuff and converted the witches to Medusa by modeling a brain Blob and this visor. Cut off one hand, added hooks etc. So they are useful.

Otherwise, you need transports. Get a Kabalite box and 2-3 venoms for the start, so you can put every Warrior in a Venom. And don't forget to built them with 2 Splinter canons.
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

New and Impulsive Empty
PostSubject: Re: New and Impulsive   New and Impulsive I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29 2015, 07:43

As CptMetal said, Transports! Definetly pick up a venom or two (obviously with twin splinter cannons), but also a raider if you decide to run Kabalites in larger squads.

And as for the wyches, make at least one into a Succubus to save yourself havin to buy a seperate HQ.

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

New and Impulsive Empty
PostSubject: Re: New and Impulsive   New and Impulsive I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29 2015, 07:51

Start with Venom instead of Raider because that way you only need 5 Warriors for each squad. That's better for the beginning.
Back to top Go down
seasonschange87
Slave
seasonschange87

New and Impulsive Empty
PostSubject: Re: New and Impulsive   New and Impulsive I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 18:17

Thanks heaps guys, I've gone for a raider and a haemonculous for now. I plan to squad him up with talos and cronos. Venoms and talos and cronos will be my next 3 main buys. Thanks for the help guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New and Impulsive Empty
PostSubject: Re: New and Impulsive   New and Impulsive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New and Impulsive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-