THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1805 pts fun and competitive

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

1805 pts fun and competitive Empty
PostSubject: 1805 pts fun and competitive   1805 pts fun and competitive I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22 2015, 22:21

Since may I have not had a lot of time to play, but the games I got I played with a similar list that I want to present to you. The reason for this is that it is fun to play mechanic wise, but also did very well against many threats I played against. It was composed as a fun list, and the battle report I wrote against rhino rush (before the new sm-codex) used a former version which was not that competitive in my eyes.
The fun comes from the variation in units which still play together very well. For friendly games I suggest to bring some wyches instead of warriors and to leave one unit of scatter bikes at home. Also, I used the Spiritseer and it also works very good with grotesques using runes of battle.

This is the last step of evolution, and I still have 45 points to spend and don't know in what to invest.

Formation: Grotesquerie

Urien Rakarth

4 Grots, Raider
4 Grots, Raider

CAD: Dark Eldar:

Succubus, Armor of Misery, Archite Glaive, Haywire Grenades

10 Warriors, Sybarith, Haywire Grenades, Raider, Dark Lance, Splinter Racks

3 Reaver Jetbikes, Cluster Caltrops

Talos, Ichor Injector, TL Heat Lance

Cronos, Spirit Probe

Ravager, 3 Disintegrator Cannons

CAD: Eldar:

Farseer

3 Windrider, 3 Scatter Laser

3 Windrider, 3 Scatter Laser

The wizard joins one unit of Grots, the Succi and Urien the other one.
With the buffs from the Farseer and Urien as a tank this did work pretty well. I usually try to keep the marker together and dominate that area with Grots and Monster while the shooty stuff stays back and provides support. The Reaver provide cover and block transports, the Scatterbikes do the same, boost on objectives for domination (happend twice already) and give the much needed str. 6 firepower. Warriors in range of Urien are a multi tool.

So far I did play against:
old SM one win
new Ravenwing: 1:1
Battle Company: one win (argueable, we could not finish but my army was intact while the grots had already destroyed half the tanks and marines and poison did kill the khan (warlord) and a big unit of command bikes and I had a very good position on the board)
Necrons (flayed ones spam): one win
Eldar: one win (argueable, we could not finish and I had lost more than my opponent but also had a big lead in points)
I have not yet played against Knights or any classic Necron army yet, but as for now I am very happy with it.

So what do you think about it and how would you spend the last 45 points?
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: 1805 pts fun and competitive   1805 pts fun and competitive I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23 2015, 00:20

for 40 points you should do lances on the ravager and aethersails on the raiders and swap the heat lance for haywire on talos that makes 45 ;D
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: 1805 pts fun and competitive   1805 pts fun and competitive I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23 2015, 14:13

Not sure about the Sybarith, Haywire Grenades You are pretty much paying 15 points for Haywire grenades. I think I would rather pay for the blaster in each one instead of the Haywire Syarite.

Also in the Gun boats consider adding Splinter Cannons. yes expensive but they do work with Splinter racks and that is at least 4 more shots a turn. 6 if you don't move.

But don't do both, Splinter cannon and blaster? To much points to do both in the squad.
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: 1805 pts fun and competitive   1805 pts fun and competitive I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24 2015, 18:59

Thanks for the help!
I actually forgot about the aethersails, but I hardly needed them until now as I placed hte objective prettty much in the center and tried to hold that area with my grots. But maybe handy in other match ups!
The Heat lance on the Talos just prevents me from wasting to run moves and is a mean of self-edjucation. I like the HWB though.

The HWG actually came in handy one time and prevented my enemies movement as 10 warriors can easily surround a rhino and even with furious charge in T3 with Urien (that was the plan) they need them just to make sure they are going to make it. Swapping them for blaster or cannons sounds good but I will try them just for some more games. (Also, moral 9 actually was useful once or twice. Yeah, too expensive for one use in 6 games on a unit of cheap warriors ...) I just want to be able to tarpit walkers and the like. It is a fancy fantasy of mine.

I actually thought about reducing two or three warrior units by one and to bring a second squad of reavers with a Heat lance or Caltrops, what do you think about that?
Small units of bikes are just SO useful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1805 pts fun and competitive   1805 pts fun and competitive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1805 pts fun and competitive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: