THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tournament ready Grotesquerie with Eldar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dirtydeeds
Hellion

Tournament ready Grotesquerie with Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Tournament ready Grotesquerie with Eldar   Tournament ready Grotesquerie with Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2015, 06:39

With much inspiration from Mushkilla's Repugnant Rambler's list, I created my own unbound list utilizing the Grotesquerie, two Shadowseers, Haemie with AoM, Dark Artisan, and two squads of two Talos.  I dominated my meta with that list and went undefeated in our last league.  However, i knew I couldn't take it to a tournament, so I was determined to change that.  

2000 Points

CAD - Eldar

HQ
Farseer - Pheonix Gem (Warlord, I aim for Telepathy for Domination, Invisibility, and Psychic Shriek)
Autarch - Banshee Mask, Shard of Anaris, Swooping Hawk Wings

Troops
3 x Windguardian Jetbikes
3 x Windguardian Jetbikes

Lord of War
Wraithknight - Heavy Wraithcannons, 2 Scatter Lasers

CAD - Dark Eldar

HQ
Haemonculus - Webway Portal, Flesh Gauntlet, Armor of Misery

Troops
5 x Warriors - Dark Lance Raider
5 x Warriors - Dark Lance Raider
5 x Warriors - Venom

Fast Attack
3 x Reavers - Cluster Caltrop
5 x Scourges - 4 Haywire

Formation - Haemonculus Coven
Grotesquerie
10 x Grotesques
4 x Grotesques, Enhanced Aethersail Raider
Haemonculus - Flesh Gauntlet

Placement of HQs
Farseer, Autarch, and AoM Haemie go with the 10 man Grot Squad, and the Grotesquerie Haemie goes with the 4 man in the Raider.

My overall Strategy with this build is near-null deployment with Reserve control via the Autarch.  The Rampugnant Rambles Strategy pulls this off very well with T7 models with 3+, and 5++, but they could still be seen.  Bikes, i.e. Windguardians and Reavers, are very easy to hide behind LoS-blocking terrain. It's very risky but it brings a very strong reward if successful. I understand that I will not be able to pull this off every time I play, i.e. versus Drop pod lists or against Smart Missile Tau, but all I need to do is survive the first turn.  A player is tabled only if they do not have any models at the end of the GAME turn, not player turn.  

Once the main bulk of the army is on the table, your opponent is forced to decide between shooting the Wraithknight that just Deep Struck in the middle of the board or the unit of 30 T5 wounds that can deny Overwatch.  Either way you will be left with a unit that will absolutely turn the tide of battle.

Now I feel I must explain some of my wargear choices on my characters.  I decided against giving the Grotesquerie Haemie a Webway portal and instead give them a Raider for flexibility.  I can deploy them on the table with great speed turn one as a distraction unit or a big brother against fast armies.  A Quick Reaction Force if you will.  Or it has the ability to Deep Strike if the opportunity arises.  I gave the Autarch Swooping Hawk Wings due to the extra 6" it gives over the bike in an attempt to ensure another 2-3" movement closer to my desired target, or he can break off and beat something up on his own (Flexibility).  Farseer is currently without a bike because I lack the model and I lack the points, but I think he will be ok surrounded by Grotesques:twisted: .  The Pheonix Gem just ensures that he sticks around for a little while longer should his unit be the target of some nasty Str 10 fire.  By the way, a Mastery Level 3 psyker that can reroll any number of dice for a Psychic Test or Deny the Witch for 100 points?  Yes please!

TL;DR  This list combines a lot of strengths from different playstyles.  I have the mobility from the bikes and Dark Eldar Vehicles, but it also contains the durability of the Coven and the new Eldar Lord of War.  Also contains a -3 leadership bubble to manipulate Psychic Shriek and Fear Tests.  I lack a flier, but I doubt any out there would cause me grief.
Back to top Go down
Paland
Slave
Paland

PostSubject: Re: Tournament ready Grotesquerie with Eldar   Tournament ready Grotesquerie with Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 16 2015, 17:43

Have you considered taking Sindriq's Sump on the Haemonculus, you are gona run with the Grotesques. in case you roll Fleet on the Latest Experiments Table, so you will be able to use the hole uints with fleet?

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Tournament ready Grotesquerie with Eldar   Tournament ready Grotesquerie with Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun May 17 2015, 17:53

I have, but the Coven Haemie will be with the small unit of grotesques, so not as effective. I may do it for rampage on him as well though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tournament ready Grotesquerie with Eldar   Tournament ready Grotesquerie with Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tournament ready Grotesquerie with Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: