THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

4 DE HQs... this can only go well.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

4 DE HQs... this can only go well. Empty
PostSubject: 4 DE HQs... this can only go well.   4 DE HQs... this can only go well. I_icon_minitimeFri May 01 2015, 23:22

Probably a bad idea, but I thought it might be fun to try a DE army with 4 different HQs - an Archon, a Succubus and 2 Coven Haemonculi - each with different units.

Currently, I'm thinking:

CAD:

Succubus w/ Glaive and Haywire Grenades - 100
4 Incubi w/ Klaivex in Venom w/ splinter cannon - 155

Archon w/ WWP, Blaster and Parasite's Kiss - 115
5 Trueborn w/ 4x Blaster in a Raider w/ Dark Lance - 175

Covenite Coterie Detachment:

Haemonculus w/ Scissorhands, Sindriq's Sump - 90
4 Grotesques w/ Aberration w/ Scissorhands in a Raider w/ Dark Lance - 220

Haemonculus w/ Scissorhands, Vexator Mask, Hexrifle - 100
5 Wracks w/ Ossefactor and Acothyst w/ Hexrifle in a Raider w/ Dark Lance - 145

(This is just the core of the army - I'll be adding in other stuff as well, but this is the bit I'm looking for advice on.)

I was trying to keep it reasonably fluffy in terms of which characters are with which squads, but I wasn't sure about the Succubus + Incubi (though, I didn't want to use Wyches/Bloodbrides either Razz ). Also, if you're wondering why there are 2 Coven Haemonculi, it's because using a Formation would require duplicating one of the units - which I was trying to avoid (ideally, I'd like each character to have a different unit). One alternative would be to use 2 CADs, and use a regular haemonculus with (non-coven) Grots, and a Coven Haemonculus with Dark Artisan.

For fun, I'm planning to try and total up the kills of each character/unit and see who does best.

Anyway, I guess I'm just looking for suggestions on this concept.

- Do you think there are better units I could choose? Or, should I consider different builds for the characters (or, for example, trying to make them all cost the same)?

- One alternative would be to use 2 CADs, and use a regular haemonculus with (non-coven) Grots, and a Coven Haemonculus with Dark Artisan. Does that sound better, do you think, or worse?

- Any other thoughts/suggestions regarding this idea?

Back to top Go down

4 DE HQs... this can only go well.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: