THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Allies rules

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
submarine
Hellion
submarine

Allies rules Empty
PostSubject: Allies rules   Allies rules I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28 2015, 22:58

Hi guys, I am fairly new to the game and am still confused by the allies rules and the allies matrix.
If two armies are battle brothers, for example, does this mean that units from two different factions can occupy slots in the same detachment.

For example can a death jester take an elite slot in a combined armes detachment with a archon as the warlord?
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Slave
Sinister

Allies rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allies rules   Allies rules I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29 2015, 01:31

Welcome to Warhammer!

To answer your question: No

All members of a single CaD (or Allied Detachment) need to be of the same faction and codex. Battle brothers just means that the units from each army can target each other with psychic blessings, can ride in each others transports, etc.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Allies rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allies rules   Allies rules I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29 2015, 04:48

Sinister's right.

All the Eldar factions (Eldar, Iyanden, Dark Eldar, Haemonculus Covens, and Corsairs) are all Battle Brothers with one another, so once they arrive in their own FOC (where they cannot mix and match across factions) they can join each other's units, get on each other's codexes, and benefit from (some) of each other's rules/equipment with impunity.
Back to top Go down
submarine
Hellion
submarine

Allies rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allies rules   Allies rules I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29 2015, 08:32

thank you. this is what I believed too, but elsewhere in the forum I saw someone talk about freely including harlequins in a DE detachment. I thought this sounded incorrect. So if I want DE to be my primary detachment the only way I can include Harlequins in my army is to use the detachment in the harlequin codex or the formations. Is this correct?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Allies rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allies rules   Allies rules I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29 2015, 08:54

@submarine wrote:
thank you. this is what I believed too, but elsewhere in the forum I saw someone talk about freely including harlequins in a DE detachment. I thought this sounded incorrect. So if I want DE to be my primary detachment the only way I can include Harlequins in my army is to use the detachment in the harlequin codex or the formations. Is this correct?

Spot on! Harlequins can't use the game-wide Combined Arms Detachment (often referred to as CAD) or Allied Detachment that are both specified in the rulebook because they can't fulfill the mandatory HQ slots, so they're limited to the detachments (which includes formations, as formations are a type of detachment) in their own codex.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Allies rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allies rules   Allies rules I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29 2015, 13:40

In our last codex, harlequins were an actual unit in our codex. Would that maybe explain it?
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

Allies rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allies rules   Allies rules I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2015, 06:59

@Jimsolo wrote:
Sinister's right.  

All the Eldar factions (Eldar, Iyanden, Dark Eldar, Haemonculus Covens, and Corsairs) are all Battle Brothers with one another, so once they arrive in their own FOC (where they cannot mix and match across factions) they can join each other's units, get on each other's codexes, and benefit from (some) of each other's rules/equipment with impunity.

Eldar and Iyanden are now in a one Codex Eldar: Craftworlds.

And yes Formations and Harlequin unique detatchment are the only way to field Harlies now.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Allies rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allies rules   Allies rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allies rules
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA