THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

 

 750 against Tyranids

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SmutFiend
Slave
SmutFiend

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-04-17
Location : Southern California

750 against Tyranids Empty
PostSubject: 750 against Tyranids   750 against Tyranids I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2015, 00:59

HQ
Haemonculus
- Hexrifle
Venom
- Splinter Cannon
ELITES
Kabalite Trueborn X5
-       Splinter Cannon
-       Shredder
Venom
- Splinter Cannon
Kabalite Trueborn X5
- Splinter Cannon
Venom
- Splinter Cannon
TROOPS
Kabalite Warriors x10
- Splinter Cannon
Raider
- Splinter Racks
Kabalite Warriors x10
- Splinter Cannon
Raider
- Splinter Racks

I'm thinking about dropping a squad of trueborn and replacing them with a venom. Whaddya guys think?
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Posts : 481
Join date : 2014-04-04
Location : CA

750 against Tyranids Empty
PostSubject: Re: 750 against Tyranids   750 against Tyranids I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2015, 03:29

against nids at this small maxing out on venoms will be good for you and hope he doesn't bring too many flyrants I wouldn't bother with the raiders TBH venoms with 5 warriors will do more dakka earlier on. drop the Haemon and hex rifle that's like 30 points you could spend on more venoms run a archon maybe with some madusae you can put a WWP on it for a DS shenanigans and anything that unit DSes onto it will destroy especially if he brings lots of gaunts.

_________________
750 against Tyranids Tumblr_static_tumblr_static_4im2h6edf0qooos40w8kocco4_640
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 368
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : California

750 against Tyranids Empty
PostSubject: Re: 750 against Tyranids   750 against Tyranids I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2015, 04:52

Lances work great against nids. I think I managed to squeeze 11 in my 750pt army and they did amazing. I cleared 2 units of 3 warriors each in one turn because of their t4
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Posts : 481
Join date : 2014-04-04
Location : CA

750 against Tyranids Empty
PostSubject: Re: 750 against Tyranids   750 against Tyranids I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2015, 05:47

It depends on your meta. If i played a 750 list against someone who would bring skyblight to a GT I doubt that I would see any warriors in his list. The general consensus from the "competitive" nid community they kind of shun warriors. I could be wrong maybe they scale way better at the smaller point level. I think at smaller points you would want to play to the horde strength of Nids so that you have a better chance of overwhelming the enemy. I think the smallest game I played against nids was 500 and he brought a Flyrant gaunts and biovores? Hordes is at least what I would do if I played Nids at that level... Or flyrant spam but ehh....

_________________
750 against Tyranids Tumblr_static_tumblr_static_4im2h6edf0qooos40w8kocco4_640
Back to top Go down
SmutFiend
Slave
SmutFiend

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-04-17
Location : Southern California

750 against Tyranids Empty
PostSubject: Re: 750 against Tyranids   750 against Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18 2015, 05:36

Yo, Its_Rumble, I'm still new to this so I don't understand some of your abbreviations. What does WWP and DS mean?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Posts : 4436
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Ohio

750 against Tyranids Empty
PostSubject: Re: 750 against Tyranids   750 against Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18 2015, 08:51

Dont need Dark lances at all against nids, Need More poison.
I have over 15k Points of Nids and played them for years. And Imo the Only army that would be hard for me would be DE Venom Spam (In 7ed meta). And thats with my 4 Tyrants/3 Crones/5 Mulciolds bull crap. (I only have 4 Flyrants sadly)

@Its_Rumble wrote:
It depends on your meta. If i played a 750 list against someone who would bring skyblight to a GT I doubt that I would see any warriors in his list. The general consensus from the "competitive" nid community they kind of shun warriors. I could be wrong maybe they scale way better at the smaller point level. I think at smaller points you would want to play to the horde strength of Nids so that you have a better chance of overwhelming the enemy. I think the smallest game I played against nids was 500 and he brought a Flyrant gaunts and biovores? Hordes is at least what I would do if I played Nids at that level... Or flyrant spam but ehh....

Warriors even at low point games are bad, They dont do enough for how fragile they are and for how little they actually do. They Have been rank 4/10 for the past 2 Books.

I would drop the Hexrifle.....    Hexrifles are... cute...... but dont work.

_________________
New to Blogging, just starting https://maddpaint.blogspot.com/

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-05-22

750 against Tyranids Empty
PostSubject: Re: 750 against Tyranids   750 against Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18 2015, 09:11

Web Way Portal and Deep Strike. The WWP stops scatter from deep strike. Deep strike is a rulebook rule allowing for reinforcements to enter the board at locations other than your starting edge. Often it applies to things like drop pods or flyers or even stealth units (where it depicts them sneaking around enemy lines to open a new front). When you deep strike it has a chance to scatter like a blast, which in fluff terms is either a drop pod being put off course by high winds, a flyer diverting due to flack fire, or the stealth unit being discovered too early. WWP in fluff terms opens a temporary rift between the realspace and the Web Way, allowing reinforcements to bleed through.

In the old rule books, it actually allowed all your reinforcements to enter through the webway as though it was the edge of the board. Now it only applies to the unit it is with and basically removes the scatter chance.
Back to top Go down
SmutFiend
Slave
SmutFiend

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-04-17
Location : Southern California

750 against Tyranids Empty
PostSubject: Re: 750 against Tyranids   750 against Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18 2015, 16:42

@albions-angel wrote:
Web Way Portal and Deep Strike. The WWP stops scatter from deep strike. Deep strike is a rulebook rule allowing for reinforcements to enter the board at locations other than your starting edge. Often it applies to things like drop pods or flyers or even stealth units (where it depicts them sneaking around enemy lines to open a new front). When you deep strike it has a chance to scatter like a blast, which in fluff terms is either a drop pod being put off course by high winds, a flyer diverting due to flack fire, or the stealth unit being discovered too early. WWP in fluff terms opens a temporary rift between the realspace and the Web Way, allowing reinforcements to bleed through.

In the old rule books, it actually allowed all your reinforcements to enter through the webway as though it was the edge of the board. Now it only applies to the unit it is with and basically removes the scatter chance.

Thanks for clearing that up man, I was lost.

As for actually deep striking, I've tried it before and it isn't really the best tactic to use against nids. You need all the firepower on the board at all times so you can cut down that huge horde army. If your venoms come in later in the game, then a few turns were wasted were they could have done something. For me, deep striking is useful when fighting armies with vehicles so you can deep strike behind their weaker rear armor.
Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-05-22

750 against Tyranids Empty
PostSubject: Re: 750 against Tyranids   750 against Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18 2015, 18:57

People swear by it, but I dont like deepstriking since, well, since 5th. In 4th (with the really old DE codex) it really suited our play style. Small board army to zip around, mostly reavers and hellions, split up the enemy, then DS in your raiders with your warriors and (back then) wyches to force moral checks. With trophy racks, chances are they would fail them and you could cut down the ones that were forced to retreat, taking them as prisoners. By then, your slow moving talos (about the only thing that would take forever to get across the board back when Fleet of Foot was our special) got into range and frankly it was all over. Of course, if you couldnt break up the army before Deep Strike came online, you were done. We didnt have the staying power back then.

Now we can actually build armies that can tank against other forces. Not very well, but we can do it. And as you worked out, for some reason our best tactic against hoard armies is bringing arms to bare. Which doesnt make sense. We are a pirate army and now we dont raid. But hey, I can now take on space marines and not have to hide behind cover in fear any more, so theres that.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Posts : 481
Join date : 2014-04-04
Location : CA

750 against Tyranids Empty
PostSubject: Re: 750 against Tyranids   750 against Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19 2015, 00:08

@SmutFiend wrote:
Yo, Its_Rumble, I'm  still new to this so I don't understand some of your abbreviations. What does WWP and DS mean?


Sorry bud!!! You will get used to it I promis Wink

WWP= Web Way Portal
DS=Deep Strike
DL= Dark lance
SC= Splinter Cannon
FNP= Feel no Pain
Dissie= Disintegrator(sp?) cannons.
PFP= Power From Pain table
Blasterborn= Kabalite Trueborn in venoms with Blasters
Succy= Succubus
BRB= Rulebook
Dex=Codex

If I remember any more I'll try to let you know, these are the prevalent ones that I can think of right now.

_________________
750 against Tyranids Tumblr_static_tumblr_static_4im2h6edf0qooos40w8kocco4_640
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




750 against Tyranids Empty
PostSubject: Re: 750 against Tyranids   750 against Tyranids I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
750 against Tyranids
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

 :: Army Lists
-
Jump to: