THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

List expansion advice?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
honethedroll
Hellion
honethedroll

List expansion advice? Empty
PostSubject: List expansion advice?   List expansion advice? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 18:45

The league I'm in right now is 850pts for regular season, 1400pts for single elimination, I've got a 3pt bonus. I'm enjoying my current list, but not 100% sure how I'll expand to fit the 1403 points. The games have a fairly tight time limit, 1 hour per game at current points, but it'll be a bit better at 1400 with 1 hour 45 minutes.

Most of the 6 games so far have been ~2 game turns, so... strategies I went in with the first night have been amended (WWP Blaster Archon w/ Blasterborn was way too expensive for what they got done, and seems like I've done better starting more on the table).

For practical considerations, models I'm not currently fielding include a Venom, 20ish Wyches, 10 Hellions, 2 more Mandrakes, FC Urien Rakarth, and a Razorwing Jetfighter. I have some SW that I may ally in for the 1400, but that will probably depend on how comfortable I am with what I can do in the 1400. I am open to a few purchases (in particular considering a new squad of Kabalites, so I could fill all the vehicles, since I don't run wyches at all anymore, or a Talos, or possibly a dissie Ravager), but I don't have a lot of time for modeling right now as my wife and I are closing on our first house this Friday.

Current 853 list:

Why it's there/What I do
*Nightfiend and Solarite are in as potential Warlords (though maybe I should switch to a Sybarite, as the Warriors have been very resilient)
*Mandrakes are for harassment/distraction/backfield objectives
*Reavers & Scourges are AV, reserved depending on immediacy of threats
*Venom & Warriors are AI, Raider dissies are for clean-up

The bad
*No anti-air to speak of, but the 2 fliers I've faced have been almost completely neutered by the shortness of the games & the 5x4 tables (though we'll be going standard in single-elimination)
*Flamers & TFC have been devastating
*Almost always give up First Blood
*Often give up Slay the Warlord
*Every game seems to reach a point of wasted AI or wasted AV
*Lots of unfinished kills (even under extreme focus)

The good
*3/0/0 with this list (previous one was 1/2/0)
*Usually get Linebreaker
*Fielding units I like
*Dice have felt hot, which probably means this build is controlling dice flow better than I'm used to

So, thoughts? Input? Purchase recommendations?
Back to top Go down

List expansion advice?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: