THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Competitive 500 list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Guirlos
Slave
Guirlos

Competitive 500 list Empty
PostSubject: Competitive 500 list   Competitive 500 list I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11 2015, 04:31

Hi, this summer a group of friends and me are going to play Combat Patrol battles for fun and to introduce a friend to the game (he is not going to have an army but see us and play with ours). I have in mind four different lists. We are also making it interesting by inviting the winner and the fluffiest army the dinner during the 'campaing'.

So here are my possible armies (The restriction is 1 HQ, 1-3 Troop, and 0-2 of everything else) after much thinking I concluded that it is impossible to win by holding objectives with DE at this stage so I will go for the killing:

Combat Patrol Alfa 'The Arena Champions'

HQ Succubus with Agonizer and Armor of Misery. who is going to be united with...

Troop 5 Wyches and a Hekatrix armed with Haywire Granades, Phantasm Granade Luncher Hydra Gauntlets.

and two groups of 7 Wyches each with Hydra Gauntlets.

Fast Attack two groups of Reavers 3 each with Blasters and Cluster Caltrops.

Combat Patrol Beta 'The Eyes in the Dark Pirates'

HQ Archon with Blaster and Armour of Misery in a Raider with Desintegrator Cannon and Enhanced Aethersails along with...

Troop 9 Kabalite Warriors with one Blasters.

Heavy Ravager with 3 Dark Lances and one Ravager with 3 Desintegrator Cannon and Enhanced Aethersails each.

Combat Patrol Gamma 'The Everchanging Flesh'

HQ Haemonculus with Flesh Gauntlet and Liquifier gun in a Raider with a Dark Lance along with...

Troop 9 Kabalite Warriors with one Blaster.

Elite two groups of 5 Wracks  one with liquifier gun and the other with Ossefactor, both groups in Venoms.

Finally Combat Patrol Delta 'The Archon's Retinue'

HQ Archon with Agonizer in a Venom with Court of the Archon one Lhamean and 3 Sslyth

Elites five Kabalite Trueborn with 4 blasters in Venom

Troop 5 Kabalite Warrior in Venom.

Please share your ideas and opinions. Basically the group consist on SM and Orks, one friend told me he is thinking about Tau or Eldar but it's not for sure.

Thank you

Last edited by Guirlos on Sat Apr 11 2015, 16:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 500 list   Competitive 500 list I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11 2015, 07:15

Did I miss something or how did you manage to put two blasters in a 9 man kabalite squad?
Back to top Go down
Guirlos
Slave
Guirlos

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 500 list   Competitive 500 list I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11 2015, 16:54

Sorry, My mistake.
Back to top Go down
Graviton
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 500 list   Competitive 500 list I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11 2015, 20:15

Why not aim on mission objectives? You have one oft the fastest armies in your group.
Place your standards on two objectives in your deployment zone. Perhaps the HQ on a third. Venoms and Reavers can Boost to midfield and backfield objectives.

For example:
HQ: 5x Lhameans
Troops: 2x 5 Warriors in Venoms with 2 Cannons
Fast: 3x Reavers with Cluster Caltrops        1 Venom with 2 Cannons
Heavy: Ravager with 3 Lances (I think one unit should be there to shoot on vehicles or TEQ)

If you don't like the Ravager you can replace him by that for example
HQ: Lhamean in Venom with Chain-snares
Troops: 3x 5 Warriors in Venoms with 2 Cannons
Fast: 3x Reavers with Cluster Caltrops        1 Venom with 2 Cannons

So you have 6 high mobile units to take free objectives and to conquer occupied ones with 63 Poisoned shots.
Back to top Go down
Guirlos
Slave
Guirlos

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 500 list   Competitive 500 list I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11 2015, 20:54

That could be a great solution, what worries me the most is the fragility of the Dark Eldar, so I thought that high mobility and agression would help me a lot. Now, why 5 Lhameans in HQ and not Sslyth to soak the damage?
Back to top Go down
Graviton
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 500 list   Competitive 500 list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12 2015, 17:51

I did not play Sslyth in any game, but you are right.
Two Sslyth would be a good alternative.

I will try them at the next 500 point game.

Back to top Go down
Guirlos
Slave
Guirlos

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 500 list   Competitive 500 list I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28 2015, 20:24

Sorry for the dealy, We are almost ending our 'campaing'. I ended up with 'The eyes in the Dark Pirates'. But I changed it a bit thanks to Grativon's advice. Having only one ravager with 3 lances and using the points to buy venoms and troops. It's been a good summer, the DE have one almost every mach, and my friends are starting to remake their armies to finish them up. I'm amazed how well a DE army can be played, and also how a bad dice roll can finish your game instantly.

Thanks for the advice Graviton.
Back to top Go down
Graviton
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 500 list   Competitive 500 list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2015, 19:15

Gratulation to your success in the campain.

I tried both of the lists against Harlquins. That was not funny, because mykabal was tabled in turn 3 and I lost my motivation to play DE for a while. Perhaps I try it again tomorrow against Orks just to see if it worksagainst them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 500 list   Competitive 500 list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Competitive 500 list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-