THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 tourny list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tattooudrew
Hellion

1850 tourny list Empty
PostSubject: 1850 tourny list   1850 tourny list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2015, 21:31

so, i will be fighting some super cheese lists at this next tournament. its 1850 cad or equivalent. So, i need to bring the dark eldar cheese. I will not lie iv made a list of 17 venoms for 1850 but i simply do not have that many venoms or id bring the hurt with it. so this is what i got. PLEASE let me know what you think and how i can improve it.

Archon
w/ helm of spite
husk blade
haywire nades
soul trap
shadow field

5x incubi (retinue)
w/ raider
nightshields
aether sails

Kab warriors x5
W/ blaster
venom + cannon

Kab warriors x5
W/ blaster
venom + cannon

Kab warriors x5
W/ blaster
venom + cannon

Kab warriors x5
W/ blaster
venom + cannon

Kab warriors x5
W/ blaster
venom + cannon

Kab warriors x5
W/ blaster
venom + cannon

razorwing
w/ 4x necrotoxins
splinter cannon
night shields

razorwing
w/ 4x necrotoxins
splinter cannon
night shields

voidraven bomber
w/ 4x shatterfields

talos
w/ haywire blaster
ichor injector

talos
w/ haywire blaster
ichor injector
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

1850 tourny list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 tourny list   1850 tourny list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2015, 23:29

I think if your idea is to fight cheese with cheese you are a little bit on the wrong way:

- huskblade is totally not worthy, better an agonizer if you want a cc archon... but keep in your mind that a cc archon is not a good choiche

- not a good choiche IMHO, almost too killy for simple units (5 man marines squads), but totally not strong enough against elite close combat units (hammernators) or close combat blobs

- voidraven is too expensive in my opinion, but thats a point of view

- Taloi are slow, and with hw blaster even short ranged, not a good choiche in this list

- except for some spare blasters you don't have antitank

My advice is to stard from the kabalites+venoms core and take away not performing choiches trying to insert instead some more at weapons (blasterborn, scourges, ravager, ecc)

Tattooudrew
Hellion

1850 tourny list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 tourny list   1850 tourny list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09 2015, 02:15

now i do have 15 scourge but iv had great success with my talos. i never used a void raven or the razor wings but i know a lot of the armies I'm facing except for tau are gonna have a hard time against flying units. honestly wasn't sure how to play my hq, was considering an archon with a blaster and a venom and that was all but i had a weird amount of points left to spend but i totally see what your getting at with him. what id really like to do is wwp him in with grotesques but again i didn't have the points to do that with a supped up archon.
Back to top Go down
Tattooudrew
Hellion

1850 tourny list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 tourny list   1850 tourny list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09 2015, 02:22

honestly this is the list i want to field but i don't have enough venoms.

2x archon blaster venom + cannon

3x true born with blasters in venoms + cannons
6x labs with blaster in venoms + cannon
6x venom +cannons
which comes out to like 1870 or something like that, THAT is my cheese list but i only have 6 venoms atm, I'm considering spending the $150 to get 5 more for the tourney.

17 venoms is 136-204 poison 4 shots a turn for the venoms alone. if i got first turn that could be absolutely devastating which is the whole point of a venom spam. i don't even think id have to worry about armor that much if i just play objective cuz that is a ton of venoms to have to shoot down.
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

1850 tourny list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 tourny list   1850 tourny list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09 2015, 09:21

If you are founded on Talos is better if you use some detachment from the Haemonculus coven I think.

If you don't know how to use your hq just drop it and put a Lhamean and a unit of Scourges instead of him. Wasting points is never a good idea. And if you want to wwp an archon is better with some shooty/at unit more than with a close combat one.

I think is better adding more anti armour than more venoms... Venoms explode easilly, and if they esplodes the troop inside explodes too.

Tattooudrew
Hellion

1850 tourny list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 tourny list   1850 tourny list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09 2015, 20:52

ya i have the haemonculus book and thats my main army but fluff is never really that competitive i feel like. i think ima go with a coven army with real space detachment for the fire power. il be making a new list today or tomorrow and post it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1850 tourny list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 tourny list   1850 tourny list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 tourny list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-