THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Harlecult List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KabaliteSon
Hellion
KabaliteSon

Harlecult List Empty
PostSubject: Harlecult List   Harlecult List I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2015, 17:58

Trying to make a competitive list with Harlequins that fits in the Solitaire. Model wise I want to do my painted Wyches as Troupes and making the Harlequin vehicles match my DE army. And make the Solitaire a badass Archon. But still want it to function as a competitive list.

Masque Detachment
Troupe w/1x Caress, 4x Kiss-123 (Warlord here)
Troupe w/1x Caress, 4x Kiss-123
Troupe w/1x Caress, 4x Kiss-123
Starweaver-70
Starweaver-70
Starweaver-70
Void w/Pris-80
Solitaire w/Crescendo, Mask-165

Realspace Raid
Succubus w/Glaive,HWG-100
5x Warriors w/ Blaster in Venom w/SC-120
Razorwing w/DLx2,NS-155
Razorwing w/DLx2,NS-155
Ravager w/DLx3-125
Ravager w/DLx3-125
Ravager w/DLx3-125

Succubus will hop in with a Troupe. Only thing I dont really like is the Void by itself. It will lend some extra firepower and can hopefully be an objective grabber. Just not sure how he'll fair on his own. I think anti armor is a little low. But hopefully the S6 can take light armor and DLs can go for the heavys. Lemme know what you think. Trying to keep the Razorwings and the Solitaire. Everything else is expendible. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://Sanguinesons@blogspot.com
Malaconia
Slave
Malaconia

Harlecult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlecult List   Harlecult List I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2015, 18:38

I take it that two of the Starweavers come from the required fast attack slot and one is a dedicated transport, so no problem there. Personally I'd be worried about such small troupes' effectiveness. I understand that, that's kind of the way they're meant to be played, if they're in transports, considering Starweavers cramped capacity. But still, I don't know. Anyway, I am hardly an expert on eldar, since I am just starting my own army.

There is just one thing though, what mask is the Solitaire wearing? If it's the Mask of Secrets you're thinking, it would make him 160pts, but it's irrelevant since he can't wear it at all, only Shadowseers can. Enigmas of the Black Library are quite limited. As far as I know, Solitaire can only choose Starmist raiment, which he won't need at all since he already has 3++, Laughing gods eye, which seems overcosted and Gegorach's rose.

*I missed the Crescendo for some reason at my first reading. Anyway your points are right, but sadly Solitaire can't get a Crescendo either.

Last edited by Malaconia on Thu Mar 05 2015, 18:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Harlecult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlecult List   Harlecult List I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2015, 18:42

Only the shadow seer can wear the mask

Hellion
KabaliteSon

Harlecult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlecult List   Harlecult List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06 2015, 00:54

Doh, yea it'd help if I could read. Made changes. Removed Solitaires stuff I messed up, and removed Night Shields from Razorwings. Added a extra Player to 2 Troupes and gave them each an extra Caress.

Masque Detachment
6x Troupe w/2x Caress, 4x Kiss-146 (Warlord here)
6x Troupe w/2x Caress, 4x Kiss-146
5x Troupe w/2x Caress, 3x Kiss-126
Starweaver-70
Starweaver-70
Starweaver-70
Void w/Pris-80
Solitaire-145

Realspace Raid
Razorwing w/DLx2-140
Razorwing w/DLx2-140
Ravager w/DLx3-125
Ravager w/DLx3-125
Ravager w/DLx3-125
Back to top Go down
katfude
Hellion
katfude

Harlecult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlecult List   Harlecult List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06 2015, 10:24

I don't like the caress on anything other than the troupe master. Kiss is more efficient due to the lower attack value of the players. I like to leave 1 or 2 players with no special weapon as they will inevitably take 1 or 2 casualties from the weaver blowing up or overwatch. Doing this will free up 30 points to shuffle some upgrades onto the DE detachment.

Other than that, looks solid. Man, I hate that mandatory voidweaver tax.
Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

Harlecult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlecult List   Harlecult List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06 2015, 10:32

Yeah I'm liking this list, seems like an efficient way of dealing with the Masque restrictions.

I too, hate the voidweaver tax - but upgrading to the prismatic cannon for only 5 points like you did is the best way to run it imo.

I also hate the mandatory 3 troupes, but oh well - I agree with katfude on the caress vs kiss. I'd always put the caress on the troupe master, but unless I have a 10-12 man troupe I wouldn't bother putting caresses on the players too (it is also the most expensive upgrade I believe? 8 pts vs 5)

I so badly want to use a solitaire myself, I just can't see how he'd do well in a competitive setting - sure he's easy to hide behind LoS terrain, which is one of his advantages - and eternal warrior helps.
But in the end he's just 3 marines with lower toughness - and killing 3 marines at T3 is rather easy.

You seem to have a decent amount of anti tank spread through various platforms from lances on ravagers, razorwings and to the shuricannons and haywire grenades - and then maybe the voidweaver even gets a lucky hullpoint or two : p, so barring an IG parking lot, you shouldn't have tons of issues with armour.

Last edited by Caldria on Fri Mar 06 2015, 14:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KabaliteSon
Hellion
KabaliteSon

Harlecult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlecult List   Harlecult List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06 2015, 13:20

You made a good point about the Caresses Kat. Its not really efficient on the Players. So I'm playing with a couple options for the final tweaks.

Masque Detachment
6x Troupe w/Caress,4x Kiss,HWG-138 (Warlord here)
6x Troupe w/Caress,4x Kiss,HWG-138
5x Troupe w/Caress,3x Kiss,HWG-118
Starweaver-70
Starweaver-70
Starweaver-70
Void w/Pris-80
Solitaire w/HWG-150

Realspace Raid
5x Warriors w/Blaster in Venom w/SC-120
5x Warriors w/Blaster in Venom w/SC-120
Razorwing w/DLx2-140
Razorwing w/DLx2-140
Ravager w/DLx3-125
Ravager w/DLx3-125
Ravager w/DLx3-125

Pulled them completely and gave out some HWG for the Troupe Masters, it should help finish off 1 HP vehicles. I don't want to take too many of the Kisses away they won't be as big as a threat.

The Solitaire is probably going to be the most challenging to play, on most boards the 12"+fleet run will hopefully keep him hidden. Hopefully the rest of the army can put out enough pressure to deter them from going out of their way to fire at him. If I don't think that will work, I can give up the non dedicated Starweaver or drop the warriors out and jump in a Venom turn 1. But I can't see when that would really payoff unless I needed him in combat somewhere.

The other option is

Masque Detachment
6x Troupe w/Caress,3x Kiss,HWG-138 (Warlord here)
6x Troupe w/Caress,3x Kiss,HWG-138
5x Troupe w/Caress,2x Kiss-113
Starweaver-70
Starweaver-70
Starweaver-70
Void w/Pris-80
Solitaire-145

Realspace Raid
Razorwing w/DLx2,NS-155
Razorwing w/DLx2,NS-155
Ravager w/DLx3-125
Ravager w/DLx3-125
Ravager w/DLx3-125

It drops the Caresses and one Kiss each to take Haywires and Night Shields. This one makes the cool factor of the Troupes go down a little haha. But I do think this is the stronger of the two. A HWG from the Troupe Master is more valuable than 1 Kiss attack. And Night Shields help keep the Razorwings up all game. I gave the Succubus the HWGs for the last squad since it'll be stronger with her stats.

I like the flexibility the Harlequins add. The S6 shots, the strength in combat. And the speed that matches if not even beats DE in some cases. Have to get the troupes stuck in as fast as possible and keep all the shooting pressure up to keep the Solitaire alive. I'm probably going to proxy for the first 5-6 games and see how it all plays before I buy Harlequin stuff.

The restrictions on the Harlequin Detachments makes it hard to be completely optimal. I think a couple of the formations would be fun to toss in to some lists but everything seems to have a tax.
Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

Harlecult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlecult List   Harlecult List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06 2015, 14:18

If any of your vehicles need the night shields it'd be the ravagers imo. The Razorwings are only hit on a 6 from non skyfire units - whereas your ravagers really do not want to jink, so sitting them in cover with a +1 to their cover save without having to jink is great.

Also, from what I've seen flyers that jink rarely influence the game (and unlike the ravagers who can sit in cover, the flyer has to jink in order to benefit from the night shields) - a jinking skimmer can still score objectives/linebreaker and all that. But a jinking flyer is now snapfiring the shots it can snapfire and doing nothing else.
So razorwing's don't gain a whole lot from jinking, and they are less worth keeping up the whole game for the same reasons regarding scoring - they cant hover so they can't assist with the ground game in any way other than shooting, and jinking makes that shooting near useless.

You could either ignore the nightshields - which lets you get those upgrades back on the harlequins (making them a bit more expensive ofc) or get some nightshields on the ravagers instead. Maybe even adding a caress on each of the troupe masters for when they're not fighting vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harlecult List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlecult List   Harlecult List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlecult List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-