THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
This.Is.Gutstar
Slave
This.Is.Gutstar

Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500   Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22 2015, 23:03

Hi all,

I posted on here about 2 months ago, I have recently started playing 40k from Fantasy (and I love it btw!).

I have been playing around 750-1000 point games and have a really good win ratio (maybe 70%?) against largely Tau, Grey Knights and Chaos Marines.

I will post my current 1000 point list below, and would like some suggestions on what to add to make it 1500 points.

Archon w/ Blaster
in Venom w/ Splinter Cannon

x10 Warriors w/Splinter Cannon, Blaster
in Raider w/ Dark Lance, Splinter racks and Nightshields

x10 Warriors w/Splinter Cannon, Blaster
in Raider w/ Dark Lance, Splinter racks and Nightshields

x5 Warriors w/ Blaster
in Venom w/Splinter Cannon

x10 Scourges w/ 4 Heat Lances

x1 Ravager w/ 3 Dark lances, Nightshields

So it is very (entirely) shooty!

Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500   Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22 2015, 23:09

Add more ravagers and many more venoms. I run a more mech Dark Eldar army than most and I rely more on my vehicles (for competitive lists at least) than I do on the few troops I bring. Venoms are one of the best models per points unless you run into a pure tank army.
Back to top Go down
This.Is.Gutstar
Slave
This.Is.Gutstar

PostSubject: Re: Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500   Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22 2015, 23:31

How about Razorwing Jetfighters? or are they not as effective as what you mentioned
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500   Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 00:14

With my limited experience playing with them, I'd say they're not worth it, they're barely on the board and most armies bring a fly atleast per army, Personally, I'd take another D-Lancing Ravager and perhaps a Disintigrator Ravanger, It's how I run my army at the moment and I'm having great success, the shots they spit out is crazy.
Back to top Go down
This.Is.Gutstar
Slave
This.Is.Gutstar

PostSubject: Re: Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500   Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 19:00

I picked up the Harlequin book today and might look at some of their units as well. Particularly their shadowseer (primaris power so good!).
Back to top Go down
This.Is.Gutstar
Slave
This.Is.Gutstar

PostSubject: Re: Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500   Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24 2015, 23:32

Hey all,

So i have decided to try and allocate 355points of my extra 500 points into Harlequins so currently my list is as follows;

Realspace Raiders Formation

Archon w/Blaster in Venom w/ Cannon

x10 Warriors w/Blaster+Cannon in Raider w/Lance + Night Shields + Splinter Racks
x10 Warriors w/Blaster+Cannon in Raider w/Lance + Night Shields + Splinter Racks
x5 Warriors w/Blaster in Venom w/ Cannon

x10 Scourges w/Heat Lances

x1 Ravager w/ x3 Lance + Night Shields
x1 Ravager w/ x3 lance + Night Shields

Faolchu's Blade Formation (reroll failed jink saves)

x2 Skyweavers w/Star Bolas + Shuriken Cannon
x2 Skyweavers w/Star Bolas + Shuriken Cannon

x2 Voidweavers w/Prismatic Cannon

Looking forward to trying this out, some really cool guns!
Back to top Go down
Omega1907
Hellion
Omega1907

PostSubject: Re: Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500   Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25 2015, 15:03

While I like to test my new clowns as soon as possible, I don't think, that the formation you choose is the best option for us DE.
Yes, the Skyweavers can put out some damage, but the special rule for the formation is a bit wierd. You can't fire blast weapons when jinking. It's a really nice boost for their survivability, unless you give your opponent other fast units he wants to shoot first, I reckon the bikes won't last long.

The formation rule is quite tempting, but don't forget that they have a 4+ armour save, 5++ (4++ once per game).

For the Voidweavers: I see no reason to jink with them in the first place to be honest. If you do, you limit yourself to a single S7 lance snapshot. If you want to harm vehicles that's not enough, and against infantery it's nearly useless.

If you want a squad of Sky- and Voidweavers, I'd take a troupe too and give the troupe run+charge Wink

This.Is.Gutstar
Slave
This.Is.Gutstar

PostSubject: Re: Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500   Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25 2015, 19:14

Yeah I can understand where you are coming from with that. To be honest I actually find the harlequins very annoying since my meta doesn't play unbound and so you are very limited to what you can take with them (since there is no HQ for standard allied detachment).

I actually really dislike the troupes on paper, they are so expensive once they get their upgrades and i'm trying to focus largely on shooting as a theme for my army, if their pistols were 18" or even 12" I could probably use them - but otherwise its a lot of fiddling around to get them in combat safely when I could just blast the unit with some big guns and get the same result from a distance!

Edit: I would probably just be parking the Voidweavers in 4+ cover anyway for most of the game and using them as weapon platforms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500   Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update: Played approx 20 games now and would like ideas to expand to 1500
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: