THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

List Options for 1.5k Competitive

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gruyere
Slave
gruyere

List Options for 1.5k Competitive Empty
PostSubject: List Options for 1.5k Competitive   List Options for 1.5k Competitive I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2015, 17:52

Playing with my last lists, I found I lacked a strong threat unit which an opponent has to answer for my list. I ran venoms, razorwings, ravagers and a WWP scourge unit which was too expensive and gets annihilated in a round of shooting. I've seen a lot of people running units like Grots or DA formations in their list, so I was wondering about the following lists. I was wondering which of the 3 lists would play out the best and if my thinking is correct in looking for a deadly unit.

==================================
++++++++++List 1 (Succubi Venom)++++++++++
Succubus w/ Archite Glaive, Armour of Misery (had extra points)

4x Incubi w/ Klaivex in Venom w/ Cannon

5x KW w/ Blaster in Venom w/ Cannon

1x RWJF w/ Dark Lances
5x Scourges w/ 4x HW Blasters

1x Ravager w/ 3x Dark Lances

I believe this list is underwhelming, as the CC unit is not very tanky and will be shot down after winning one combat. However, there are a few benefits in the fact that this unit is pretty fair for 265 points and they don't rely on WWP for delivery, allowing them to avoid the "dead turn" of dropping in and waiting to be able to charge

++++++++++List 2 (DA formation)+++++++++++

Lhamaean

1x RWJF w/ Dark Lances

Formation: Dark Artisan
1x Haemonculus w/ WWP, Scissorhand, Syndriq's Sump
1x Talos w/ Ichor Injector, TL Heat Lance
1x Cronos w/ Spirit Probe

I got this idea from the various posts around DA in army lists and tactica (a lot from The Shredder so shoutout to him). This list drops one of the Ravagers for a very very tanky unit. The removal of the Ravager is probably made up for by the massive threat that the DA formation brings. I am really fond of this formation but I haven't played it out. In my mind, I think that it plays out as drop the DA in, soak up shots away from your venoms and ravagers. This lets you get a ton of shots off with your shooty stuff, while your opponent HAS to answer the DA formation otherwise they will get hurt in CC. This list has its downsides in the fact that if I am fighting a mobile list such as jetbike Eldar or even other DE, it is very possible that they flatout run away from the DA drop at which point the unit is pretty much useless due to how slow it is. There is only so much board space to run in, so this may be a better thing than it seems, but it is something to think about.

++++++++++List 3 (Grot formation)++++++++++

Succubus w/ Archite Glaive, Armour of Misery, Haywire Grenades (had extra points)

Formation: Grotesquerie:
1x Haemonculus w/ Sump, Scissorhand
3x Grots w/ Aberration, 2x Liquifier Guns 1x Scissorhand in Raider w/ DL, Aethersails (Again, extra points)
3x Grots w/ Aberration, 2x Liquifier Guns 1x Scissorhand in Raider w/ DL, Aethersails

I haven't looked to much into this list as I don't like Grots too much, so there may be unoptimized options in this list. However, even though I don't like them, they exist and are very relevant. In raiders they are faster than the DA formation, though they are weaker in my opinion due to less FNP silliness and lower toughness (S10 hurts). However, mobility for a threat unit is very strong as they simply cannot be ignored. I am wondering if they are enough of a threat and whether I am running them properly. I could also replace the Succubus w/ a Lhamaen if I feel I need another Venom, which I probably will do as I don't like the idea of having 600 pts riding around in 2 raiders.

EDIT: I've looked around, and was considering dropping liquefier guns, dropping the Succubus and adding 1 grot to each squad, replacing the succubus w/ a Haemonculus w/ Parasite's kiss and scissorhand for the good good master of pain buff to my Grots

C&C is hugely appreciated. Thanks!
Back to top Go down

List Options for 1.5k Competitive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: