THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

First list ever

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
namiel
Slave
namiel

First list ever Empty
PostSubject: First list ever   First list ever I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17 2015, 13:59

So the goal is to be around 1250.  The 2 options are the grots with hemmy or the court with archon.  What do you guys think on this list overall and of the 2 close combat options.

++ Dark eldar (1611pts) +++

++ Dark Eldar: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Court of the Archon
····9x Lhameans [9x Kabalite Armour, 9x Shaimeshi blade, 9x Splinter Pistol]
····Raider [Dark Lance, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield]

+ HQ +

Archon [Huskblade, Kabalite Armour, Plasma Grenades, Shadow field, Splinter Pistol, Webway portal]

Haemonculus [Close combat weapon, Gnarlskin, Liquifier Gun, Scissorhand, Webway portal]

+ Elites +

Grotesques [Gnarlskin]
····Grotesque [Flesh Gauntlet, Liquifier Gun]
····Grotesque [Close combat weapon, Flesh Gauntlet]
····Raider [Dark Lance, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield]

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [Kabalite Armour]
····4x Kabalite Warrior [4x Close Combat Weapon, 4x Splinter Rifle]
····Kabalite Warrior with special weapon [Blaster, Close Combat Weapon]
····Venom [Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon]

Kabalite Warriors [Kabalite Armour]
····4x Kabalite Warrior [4x Close Combat Weapon, 4x Splinter Rifle]
····Kabalite Warrior with special weapon [Blaster, Close Combat Weapon]
····Venom [Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon]

+ Fast Attack +

Razorwing Jetfighter [2 Dark Lances, 4x Monoscythe Missile, Nightshield, Twin-linked Splinter Rifle]

Razorwing Jetfighter [2 Dark Lances, 4x Monoscythe Missile, Nightshield, Twin-linked Splinter Rifle]

Reavers [Cluster caltrops, Wychsuit]
····2x Reaver [2x Bladevanes, 2x Close combat weapon, 2x Splinter pistol]
········2x Reaver jetbike [2x Splinter Rifle]
····Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models) [Bladevanes, Close combat weapon]
········Reaver jetbike [Heat lance]

Reavers [Cluster caltrops, Wychsuit]
····2x Reaver [2x Bladevanes, 2x Close combat weapon, 2x Splinter pistol]
········2x Reaver jetbike [2x Splinter Rifle]
····Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models) [Bladevanes, Close combat weapon]
········Reaver jetbike [Heat lance]

Scourges [Ghostplate armour, Plasma Grenades]
····2x Scourge [2x Close combat weapon, 2x Shardcarbine]
····Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon [Close combat weapon, Heat lance]

Scourges [Ghostplate armour, Plasma Grenades]
····2x Scourge [2x Close combat weapon, 2x Shardcarbine]
····Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon [Close combat weapon, Haywire blaster]

Last edited by namiel on Thu Feb 19 2015, 19:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

First list ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: First list ever   First list ever I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17 2015, 14:45

My first impressions:

Archon: decent, reasonable choice.

Incubi: tricky to use in a competitive setting, will usually be striking last the turn they charge unless your opponent knows nothing about them and cover.

Trueborn: nothing wrong with this unit, but expensive compared to scourges

Warriors: I personally wouldn't take the splinter cannon, it makes the unit less cost effective and being salvo is hampered in effectiveness if the unit moves.

Beastmasters: Never used them, generally they aren't considered competitive anymore

Razorwing: the necrotoxins aren't the best missle, since most units are rarely wounded on worse than a 2+ by S6 anyway and there is plenty of scope to put lots of wounds on them in other ways, the standard monoscythe is perfectly acceptable and brings AP5.

Scourges: only 1 heat lance in the squad, am i reading that right? Generally you'll see the special weapons maxed out in scourge squads. For heat lances I could see an argument for only taking 2 or 3, but I always take 4 just in case.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
namiel
Slave
namiel

First list ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: First list ever   First list ever I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17 2015, 20:54

First post edited above.

Last edited by namiel on Thu Feb 19 2015, 19:33; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shbur
Hellion
Shbur

First list ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: First list ever   First list ever I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18 2015, 21:40

Isn't the minimum size of a Kabalite warrior squad 5 dudes?

Kabalite Warrior

First list ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: First list ever   First list ever I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19 2015, 05:03

There seem to be a few minimum requirement issues going on.
Warriors come in minimum of 5, and if you're taking 3 bikes you can only have 1 Cluster Caltrop.

Also of note, the Succubus, unfortunately, will not share her grenades with the Incubi - only models that have the grenades get the bonus.

As to what you're trying to do with the lists, it looks like you have a pretty decent idea of things, so that's good.

If you're looking for a decent assault unit to play around with, Grotesques got a lot of love in the new book. They bring something like 5 attacks on the charge each, plus Rampage. While I haven't gotten to test them out thoroughly yet, they're a go-to in most theory-lists I come up with, taking a Haemy with a WWP as their keeper. Plus you get the obvious boon of T5, a rarity in an Eldar list.

Using a Court of the Archon, namely Sslyth, to give majority T5, is another thing I want to try out. Caveat Emptor, though, as I can't attest to its usefulness on the whole. I'm trying to wrap my head around the new Archon and find a way to make him work within my lists.
Back to top Go down
namiel
Slave
namiel

First list ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: First list ever   First list ever I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19 2015, 19:56

@jbwms713 wrote:
There seem to be a few minimum requirement issues going on.  
Warriors come in minimum of 5, and if you're taking 3 bikes you can only have 1 Cluster Caltrop.

Also of note, the Succubus, unfortunately, will not share her grenades with the Incubi - only models that have the grenades get the bonus.

As to what you're trying to do with the lists, it looks like you have a pretty decent idea of things, so that's good.

If you're looking for a decent assault unit to play around with, Grotesques got a lot of love in the new book.  They bring something like 5 attacks on the charge each, plus Rampage.  While I haven't gotten to test them out thoroughly yet, they're a go-to in most theory-lists I come up with, taking a Haemy with a WWP as their keeper.  Plus you get the obvious boon of T5, a rarity in an Eldar list.

Using a Court of the Archon, namely Sslyth, to give majority T5, is another thing I want to try out.  Caveat Emptor, though, as I can't attest to its usefulness on the whole.  I'm trying to wrap my head around the new Archon and find a way to make him work within my lists.

I re-wrote the list and edited the first post. I looked at the grots as a good close combat option and wrote them in though they come in relatively points heavy with the hemmy in the squad thats a near 400 point unit but so would a court of the archon since I would have to put my archon in their or he would have nowhere else to go. I could drop a reaver squad to give the archon his own venom and bump the lahmeans to 10 for just under 200 points. Again i considered the sslyth and thought id present another idea for CC.
Back to top Go down
jbwms713
Kabalite Warrior

First list ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: First list ever   First list ever I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 04:39

You could save a fair amount of points by shaving off some of the upgrades on your vehicles.

Prime example is the Raider for the Grots/Haemy. It has 25-30 extra points tacked on, and what are they doing for you?

The WWP lets you place it on the table, anywhere, without scatter. Taking the Aether Sails for the extra turbo boost is a bit overkill, since you're already right where you want to be.
I could go so far as to say taking a Raider at all on this unit is unnecessary, but I've found myself trying to include it simply as a buffer - I expect the Raider to be blown up, but the explosion is unlikely to do much damage to the Grots, whereas the shooting to take down the Raider may have done some harm. Plus, it brings another heavy weapon to the party, and a bonus 6" move on their charge-turn, to keep the enemy from back-pedaling away from the unit.
Speaking of heavy weapons on the boat, I find on my WWP transports that the Lance is unnecessary. Dissies are actually better at damaging AV10 than Lances, due to the multiple shots. Since they can be placed cleanly behind enemy armor (and this also allows you to pincer the enemy) you'll have that benefit going for you. Plus, if armor is weakened enough by the time they drop, then you have the gun better suited for anti-infantry work coming in when you need it.

On the note of the Court, if I had to pick just one model, it'd be the Sslyth - purely for the Toughness boost. Because they effectively make your Archon T5 as well, it's just a massive boon. They're no slouch themselves, carrying a slew of weaponry and generally being decently beefy for all of 25 points. A horde of 2+ poison fighters does sound nice, and could be in theory, but they just lack any durability and will be pretty easy to remove before they can get into combat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First list ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: First list ever   First list ever I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First list ever
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-