THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Tournament list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
senzyu
Slave

1850 Tournament list Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Tournament list   1850 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28 2015, 15:02

scourge x4 HWB 120
scourge x4 HWB 120
scourge x4 HWB 120 (360)
3x reavers +HL 58
3x reavers +HL 58
3x reavers +HL 58 (174)

voidraven +DL 160
voidraven +DL 160 (320)
ravager +DL 125

warrior +blaster
venom +sc (120)

warrior +blaster
venom +sc (120)

warrior +blaster
venom +sc (120)

warrior +blaster
venom +sc (120) (480)

archon +SF +agoniser 125
+court 75
raider +aether 60 (260)

incubi x3 +klaivex 70
raider +aether 60 (130)

real space raiders detachment.

new list,

Last edited by senzyu on Wed Feb 04 2015, 14:36; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament list   1850 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28 2015, 15:17

@senzyu wrote:
use the incubi as a throw away unit to get my archon in assault?

This worries me.

You want to get your Archon into combat, with his 4 attacks base (6 on charge), S3 AP3 power sword that gets boosted in strength if you start causing challenge wounds, and to do that you're willing to throw away 10 S4 AP2 attacks, with a potential for an additional 3 attacks at the same level?

Personally I'd be looking for the Archon to be the unit that gets the Incubi into combat unscathed and 'tanks' wounds for them once you're there, not the other way around.

Re: the Archon's equipment - how many challenges do you think you're going to get into once your opponent knows you've got the soul trap? On the other hand, give him an agoniser and he'll never be wounding on worse than a '4', and occasionally much better than that, without having to rely on your opponent denying your challenge (don't forget your opponent chooses who accepts the challenge or stands at the back in shame - if they're worried about accepting a challenge then usually they'll have a backup character like a sergeant to be the one who doesn't fight).

I don't mean my comment to sound harsh - it just seems counter intuitive that you'd throw away the unit capable of dealing more damage to get the less useful one into combat

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
senzyu
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament list   1850 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28 2015, 23:42

Nope, not harsh at all. Very good criticism & that's why I posted it.

Good idea about the incubi & I guess @ tournaments people know about the archons potential.

Should I try trim some more points & get the court to fill out both detachment slots ?

I'm just worried I might not have enough anti tank.

Thanks,

Back to top Go down
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament list   1850 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03 2015, 22:56

If ur worried about not having enough AT I would go this route. Drop a bomber for another Ravager so u can have a little more first round shooting. Not a big fan of ns especially on ravagers, so drop it off the one u have. Drop the DL off the trueborn and add 4 blasters to the unit. Not a big fan of dls on mobile infantry bc if u move then it's snap shooting only. With blasters u don't have that problem, as long as u don't move more then 6 inches. I would only run reavers with HLs if I had points to spare. Instead I would add caltrops over the HLs. Jinking, of course, causes u to snap fire and ur reavers will be jinking a lot. With the caltrops u can instead charge the enemy's vehicle and have a good chance of taking it down with Hammer of wrath attacks. I believe u should have the points to make these changes but not 100% sure. If not drop the ns off the trueborn raider. Hope some of that was useful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament list   1850 Tournament list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Tournament list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-