THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms Empty
PostSubject: 1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms   1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2015, 13:00

So i've made a list but its gonna boil down to one of two things:

3x10 Warriors in a SR Raider
3x5 Warriors/Blaster in Raider

'or'

1x10 Warriors in a SR Raider
4x5 Warriors/Blaster in Raider
4xVenoms/double SC

maybe there can be some other balance

im really thinking the second choice is my choice for the longer range splinter shots and MSU.

in case you were wondering the rest of the list is

succy with 3 grots+abby
1 lance razorwing
4 blaster scourges
3 lance ravagers

cheers
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms   1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2015, 21:19

I wouldn't even do the one boat of splinter warriors and would use the points to put blaster warriors in Venoms/Raiders. I am very much in favor of the second list, as I don't think Gunboats are a good strategy at the moment.

Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms   1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28 2015, 01:35

@Thor665 wrote:
I wouldn't even do the one boat of splinter warriors and would use the points to put blaster warriors in Venoms/Raiders. I am very much in favor of the second list, as I don't think Gunboats are a good strategy at the moment.

yup i strongly agree, but there are a lot of people that swear by them 10 man raiders squads.
For me they just die when the raider goes down so i think its better to have more and longer range

how to you feel about taking empty venoms as filler btw ?

i changed my list a bit, took out the scourges 4 blasters and replaced them with 5TB with 4 Blasters

ive never been a huge fan of TB squads but it was the only way to get my 4 blasters and get a 5th venom after i removed the 10man warrior squad

tell me what you think

Succubus (100pts)
Glaive/Haywire

4 Grots (220pts)
Ab/Scissorhand

1x 5 Trueborn/4 Blasters (180pts)
Venom 2xSC

5x 5 Warriors/Blaster (575pts)
Raider/DL

1x Razorwing DL's (140pts)
4x Venoms 2xSC (260pts)

3x Ravager DL's (375pts)
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms   1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28 2015, 04:41

@doriii wrote:
how to you feel about taking empty venoms as filler btw ?
Neutral. A Venom isn't bad, that's for sure - but at the end of the day I usually find what I'm trying to work into the army is more dark matter, not more poison - so usually if I take a Venom I slap some guys into it to take a Blaster too. But it's not like a Venom is bad.

@doriii wrote:
ive never been a huge fan of TB squads but it was the only way to get my 4 blasters and get a 5th venom after i removed the 10man warrior squad
I think Trueborn are a touch on the pricy side for what you're getting nowadays.

@doriii wrote:
Succubus (100pts)
Glaive/Haywire

4 Grots (220pts)
Ab/Scissorhand

1x 5 Trueborn/4 Blasters (180pts)
Venom 2xSC

5x 5 Warriors/Blaster (575pts)
Raider/DL

1x Razorwing DL's (140pts)
4x Venoms 2xSC (260pts)

3x Ravager DL's (375pts)
I like this list, it's actually pretty darn close to what I'm doing when I run pure DE (though my list is more mix n' match with Raiders/Venoms, no empty boats, -Trueborn, +Razorwings and Scourges)
But that is a list that if I was forced to play it I would not be sad - I approve.

Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms   1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28 2015, 06:57

cant go wrong with blaster venoms. If i could run 6 every game I would.

Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms   1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2015, 21:40

I did a null deployment with the ravagers and 3 venoms on first turn. Deep striking the raiders in an IG face was such a surprise. It completely gave me board control and just messed up his target priority. I ended up winning the game with 11vp vs 7

This has been my hardest matchup because of all his barrage shred bombs and mass flamers S6 S7 hits. Having all the armor and no expensive large/flimsy definitely helped out and the grot unit just rocks

I changed the list to 5x5man 1blaster in raider + 1x5man 1blaster venom for troops and no trueborn with 1x4blaster scourge and 4empty venoms

It was one of my best and fun games to! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms   1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2015, 21:50

For my next game is was thinking of trying an archon instead of the succy.
Is it wise to use a wwp instead of the raider for the grots? Im thinking they would need to pack liquifiers so they wont be so vulnerable after the ds?
Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms   1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09 2015, 02:32

I'd go with the raider AND the webway portal, that way your Archon can bring the grots down in the raider. then the raider jinks for a turn to protect its cargo. I personally wouldn't give the grots the liquifiers - they're really not that great. I tend to just stick with stock grots, the flesh gauntlet is great.

However, with the succy/grot combo the succubus gives AP2. You don't have that with the archon, so you'd need to get an abberation with scissorhand for the rending.

I've never used the grots with an archon yet, but majority T5 with a 2+ inv save is pretty decent to tank wounds with.

If you want to bring down flamers with the portal, best to do it with the archon in a raider with some medusae. A guaranteed S4 and AP3 is great, far better than a liquifier.
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms   1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09 2015, 22:52

i find that you'd have to take one or the other, if you take both thats like 95pts for transport
the raider comes with ds and then you can turbo into a better position if the scatter is off or youre in a tight spot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms   1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 for a tournament one question raiders/venoms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: