THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ohmtastic
Slave
ohmtastic

2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief. Empty
PostSubject: 2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief.   2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26 2015, 01:02

Hello all,

I have a 2k game on Tuesday, most likely against my friends Emperors Children, that being said he likes using a lot of forgeworld, so I've included a FW model of my own.

List is as follows

HQ
Llhaemean
Tantalus - Nightshields

Troops
5 Warriors - Venom Dual cannons

Fast Attack
Razorwing Fighter - 2 Dark Lances
Razorwing Fighter - 2 Dark Lances
5 Scourges - 4 Haywire Blasters

Covens Supp - Formation
Corpsethief Claw
5x Talos w/ TL-Heat Lance and Ichor Injector

15pts spare not sure where to throw them, and I'm unsure if I like the llhamean as the HQ.... I'm used to something a little more substantial.

I could drop a unit of scourges as I doubt he'll have that much armour, in which case 25pts of the savings I would upgrade the talos' to haywire.

That way I could squeeze in a succubus with glaive and armour.

what do you guys think

Thanks
Ohm
Back to top Go down
ohmtastic
Slave
ohmtastic

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief.   2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26 2015, 23:51

Updated list.

+++ Corpsethief Filth (2000pts) +++

++ Dark Eldar: Supplement - Haemonculus Covens (Formation Detachment) ++

+ Formation +

Formation: Corpsethief Claw
Talos [Ichor Injector, Twin-linked heat lance]

++ Eldar: Codex (2013) (Allied Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Farseer [Runes of witnessing, The Spirit Stone of Anath'lan, Witchblade]

+ Troops +

Dire Avengers [5x Dire Avenger]

++ Dark Eldar: Codex (2014) (Realspace Raiders Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Urien Rakarth

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [4x Kabalite Warrior]
Kabalite Warrior with special weapon [Blaster]
Venom [Splinter Cannon]

Kabalite Warriors [4x Kabalite Warrior]
Kabalite Warrior with special weapon [Blaster]
Venom [Splinter Cannon]

+ Fast Attack +

Razorwing Jetfighter [2 Dark Lances, 4x Monoscythe Missile, Twin-linked Splinter Rifle]

Scourges
Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon [Haywire blaster]
Solarite [Shardcarbine]

Scourges
Solarite [Shardcarbine]

+ Heavy Support +

Cronos
Cronos [Spirit Probe]

Tantalus * [Nightshield]

Talos deployed, cronos tight behind and will run to keep up. Farseer hoping for fortune, urien in the tantalus rolling up behind the talos as another large target to soak up shots and also push out some decent anti-infantry shots.

Kept it a Realspace list as I need scourges and the Razorwing for anti-tank role.

Idea is to just role up the middle taking the hits, and soaking them up with the talos. I'm against CSM so shouldn't have too much trouble, but then again he does like his noisemarines... they'll have to die first Smile
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief.   2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2015, 00:10

Quote :
Kept it a Realspace list as I need scourges and the Razorwing for anti-tank role.
You only use 3 FA slots, though, so you could just as well be playing CAD and get the ObSec.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief.   2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2015, 01:01

I have found that having 36" shooting range on the talos is a must to make them effective on turn one. They can just assault vehicles to pop them.

Slave
ohmtastic

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief.   2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2015, 13:59

I was toying with the idea of leaving the splinter cannons on, but it's only 30 splinter cannon shots from 650pts of models, they can rip apart chaff easier in combat than they can a tank, and the heat lances provide the anti-tank and anti-terminator ranged that they need.

The other option is haywire blaster but that is only effective against medium infantry, and not against marines or terminators.

Effectively with this list I've gone for tanking up the point sink unit as much as possible.

CAD might work better especially if I get the infiltrate your warlord and 3 non vehicle units... so that would be the talos', urien, the farseer and the cronos.

If I drop the Solarites and blasters on the warriors, I can go for a court of 2 medusae and stick the tantalus as a dedicated transport. Stick Urien and the Farseer in that and infiltrate with it leaving the dire avengers to objective grab. I now with the right rolls, have the talos' 12" away from the enemy line, followed closely by the tantalus, Urien, the farseer and the cronos.... which will put my opponent on the defensive straight away Smile

The only drawback is I cannot cast blessings while onboard the tantalus, so i'll have to jump the farseer and the medusae out and into cover, where they will be a deterrent to being assaulted and provide a couple of ablative wounds.... the only other option would be sslyth for extra wounds... but at reduced damage output.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
ohmtastic
Slave
ohmtastic

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief.   2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2015, 14:07

And just realised I can't do that with urien in there.... bugger... urien has a warlord trait which can't be changed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief.   2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pts Dark Eldar - Realspace and Corpsethief.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: