THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

 

 Wych Cult- 1750 pt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PainReaver
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 374
Join date : 2012-10-21

Wych Cult- 1750 pt Empty
PostSubject: Wych Cult- 1750 pt   Wych Cult- 1750 pt I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25 2015, 11:42

Alright my brother built me a Wych Cult list-

Why Wyches? (my reasoning)

1) They're just as survivable as Warriors against the majority of any proper anti-infantry weapon. (Only lasguns and autoguns do the Warriors count)

2) They can mostly do what Warriors can do, though slightly weaker in that department, i.e shooting, but trades the extra rapid fire for the ability to (sort of) fight in combat, tie up enemy units (for one or two turns), and deliver the Succubus/Hekatrix into combat (the only parts of the unit that matter). 10 splinter pistol shots can still finish off that Wraithknight (should this happen, don't feel too bad if the wyches get vaporized after)

3) Whilst the Wyches will be mostly sacrificed, the Succubus/Hekatrix will be murdering the bejeezus out of the target unit, which can also use their haywires to target tanks. This unit can variously handle any and all opposition (but not expected to outright murder them)

4) If using CAD, they can contest, and potentially steal objectives under the nose of the enemy units. If using RRD and night fight falls- 4+ cover save (unless enemy has Night Vision), on Turn 3, FNP 5+ with a 4-5+ cover save will adequately (key word) protect the unit from overwatch fire.

5) Whilst the shooting build is popular, but half their bonuses, and their best gear, and their best stats are all in assault. Example, PFP- from Turn 4,5,6 bonuses- furious charge, fearless, rage. 5/6 drug results help in someway or form, all their HQs are of the assault variety (Haemy including).

6) By getting the enemy tied up, the rest of my army gets into place. Reavers to cap objectives or to support a Wych assault, or hunt backfield units. Voidravens tackle any fliers, or position for a move to drop a bomb at some point. Note that nearly everything in this list except the Trueborn auxiliaries (I imagine them to be mercenaries) have a flat out total movement of at least 36"+

7) Where I live, we all tend to run whatever we like, because due to models being twice the price for Brits and American players, we build armies last edition after edition, new codex after new codex. For example, Space Marine Assault Squads are very, very popular, and you'll only see about one Riptide at most. Though there is one player out there with 4 Knights, but nothing I can do about that.

8- In the case of a magical Wych cult supplement...

Now I need a name for my newly christened Wych Cult.

The list


HQ (200)

Succubus- Archite Glaive, Haywire Grenades- 100

Succubus- Archite Glaive, Haywire Grenades- 100


Elites (360)

Trueborn- 5x, 4x Blasters, Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons- 180

Trueborn- 5x, 4x Blasters, Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons- 180


Troops (400)

Wyches- 9x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Haywire Grenades Raider w/ Night Shields, Aethersails- 205

Wyches- 9x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Raider w/ Night Shields, Aethersails- 200


Fast Attack (438)

Reavers- 6x, 2x Blasters, 2x Cluster Caltrops- 146

Reavers- 6x, 2x Blasters, 2x Cluster Caltrops- 146


Heavy Support (350)

Ravager- 3x Dark Lance, Night Shields- 140

Voidraven- 2x Void Lance, Night Shields- 175

Voidraven- 2x Void Lance, Night Shields- 175


Last edited by PainReaver on Mon Jan 26 2015, 04:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ohmtastic
Slave
ohmtastic

Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-01-26

Wych Cult- 1750 pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult- 1750 pt   Wych Cult- 1750 pt I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26 2015, 01:24

I like that you've stayed away from the high cost AP 5 melee weapons wyches have access to... out of all of the it's most likely the gauntlets that are actually worth taking.

That being said for a wych cult you only have 2 units of wyches Smile

Also blasters on reavers are sort of wasted as their main save comes from jinking which is a 3+ due to skilled rider. If you drop the blasters and give each unit an arena champion you can do the following.

Stick a caltrop on the arena champion, assault a unit, issue a challenge. You opponent has a choice, to accept and risk the character that accepts to take D6 S6 AP- Rending (which has a very high chance of killing a normal unit character like a sgt.) or he can decline and lose attacks with that character. all while giving the unit +1 ldship too which is nice on a unit with only a few models in it.

Which detachment are you using? If you are using the realspace raiders I'd max out those FA slots by dropping the bombers and using 2 razorwing fighters with Dark Lances, they come with 4 S6 AP5 Large blast missiles ideal at taking out blobs and out of 30hits with them in my last came I killed 7 assault marines, just after they arrived.

Raiders are fitted nicely, the 3+ jink and the 36" move a turn is very good at getting into position but be careful not to push to forward and leave them unsupported.

I'm also not a fan of blaster born, for what they push out and for the points cost you may as well go for 2 DL-Ravagers for less... a lot less while being a fair bit more survivable.... with nightshields on the ravagers that's another 40pts saved each.

Raiders with DL would help vs vehicles too, but a dark lance only has a 33% chance of at least glancing, so the more the merrier.
Perhaps with the points savings you could stick in some bloodbrides?

Hope this helps, it's a good base to work from Smile
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 374
Join date : 2012-10-21

Wych Cult- 1750 pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult- 1750 pt   Wych Cult- 1750 pt I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26 2015, 02:51

@ohmtastic wrote:
I like that you've stayed away from the high cost AP 5 melee weapons wyches have access to... out of all of the it's most likely the gauntlets that are actually worth taking.

That being said for a wych cult you only have 2 units of wyches Smile

Also blasters on reavers are sort of wasted as their main save comes from jinking which is a 3+ due to skilled rider. If you drop the blasters and give each unit an arena champion you can do the following.

Stick a caltrop on the arena champion, assault a unit, issue a challenge. You opponent has a choice, to accept and risk the character that accepts to take D6 S6 AP- Rending (which has a very high chance of killing a normal unit character like a sgt.) or he can decline and lose attacks with that character. all while giving the unit +1 ldship too which is nice on a unit with only a few models in it.

Which detachment are you using? If you  are using the realspace raiders I'd max out those FA slots by dropping the bombers and using 2 razorwing fighters with Dark Lances, they come with 4 S6 AP5 Large blast missiles ideal at taking out blobs and out of 30hits with them in my last came I killed 7 assault marines, just after they arrived.

Raiders are fitted nicely, the 3+ jink and the 36" move a turn is very good at getting into position but be careful not to push to forward and leave them unsupported.

I'm also not a fan of blaster born, for what they push out and for the points cost you may as well go for 2 DL-Ravagers for less... a lot less while being a fair bit more survivable.... with nightshields on the ravagers that's another 40pts saved each.

Raiders with DL would help vs vehicles too, but a dark lance only has a 33% chance of at least glancing, so the more the merrier.
Perhaps with the points savings you could stick in some bloodbrides?

Hope this helps, it's a good base to work from Smile

I feel like there are merits to the default CAD (steal/contest) and merits to the RRD (cover saves at night ahoy) to warrant settling for one choice. From game to game, my needs might be different.

Originally I did have a Ravager, and most likely putting it back, just to have something to ping on turn 1, so i have 2x Reavers and 1x Ravager, and the spare 5 points goes to giving one Hekatrix a shiny pair of haywires (leaving the other hek jelly).

This Wych Cult admits anyone admitting to excessive substance abuse. The Blasterborn are just there to ensure the dealer's clients survive for the next payment.

Whilst yes, the Reavers' main save come from jinking, potentially those 2 blasters come in handy if I've positioned them right all game.

The Blasterborn has its use but is not necessary. But I feel they have a toolbox element to them too (including their Venom, as I need every infantry softening power that I can get). But potentially they could go out in favour of having 2x ravagers, combining with the 3x Reaver squads.

Bloodbrides, whilst strong, don't know how to work them in the list.
Back to top Go down
Tempestus
Hellion
Tempestus

Posts : 49
Join date : 2014-11-21

Wych Cult- 1750 pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult- 1750 pt   Wych Cult- 1750 pt I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2015, 02:02

ive always liked wyches. for the OG codex i used to always prefer them as my main troop choice over warriors. well done tackling them with their new rules. It was tricky back then its even trickier now it seems.

onto the list. Have you thought about replacing your voidraven bombers with a second ravager and a third wych squad. you would also have the extra points to make all 3 of your wych squads hekatrix have haywire grenades. also do your raiders have dark lances.

there are supposed to be question marks behind some of these sentences but my keyboard is on the fritz. apologies.
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 374
Join date : 2012-10-21

Wych Cult- 1750 pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult- 1750 pt   Wych Cult- 1750 pt I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2015, 02:35

@Tempestus wrote:
ive always liked wyches. for the OG codex i used to always prefer them as my main troop choice over warriors. well done tackling them with their new rules. It was tricky back then its even trickier now it seems.

onto the list. Have you thought about replacing your voidraven bombers with a second ravager and a third wych squad. you would also have the extra points to make all 3 of your wych squads hekatrix have haywire grenades. also do your raiders have dark lances.

there are supposed to be question marks behind some of these sentences but my keyboard is on the fritz. apologies.

My raiders don't have lances, as I don't have enough points (haywires)

Voidravens I feel are for AA. Str 9 will make a lot of flyers decide to jink.

A third wych squad may be unnecessary. They're good, not great. And warriors make a good support unit in this case.
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 374
Join date : 2012-10-21

Wych Cult- 1750 pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult- 1750 pt   Wych Cult- 1750 pt I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 10:24

Tinkering with my list, going to throw in a Warzone: Valedor formation, Storm of Blades.

Storm of Blades (Warzone: Valedor formation, gives every unit and dedicated transport the option to skyfire. Any raider with aethersails may flat out after shooting- however, no unit in the formation may voluntarily disembark, and any that do disembark non-voluntarily lose 1 level of the PfP chart.)

(Formation requires 1x Archon and 3+ units from the following, Trueborn, Reavers, Scourges, Warriors, Beastmaster- Razorwing only. Trueborn and Warriors must be in dedicated transport.)


Which one should I sacrifice: the second Voidraven or the lone Ravager?

Detachment: (Either CAD/RRD)

Succubus- Glaive, Haywire Grenade 100
Succubus- Glaive, Haywire Grenade 100
Wyches- 9x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Haywire Grenade, Raider w/ Aethersails, Night Shields- 205
Wyches- 9x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Raider w/ Aethersails, Night Shields- 200
Voidraven- 2x Void Lance, Night Shields- 175
Voidraven- 2x Void Lance, Night Shields- 175

Archon- Blaster, Venom, 2x Splinter Cannon- 140
Trueborn- 5x, 4x Blaster, Venom, 2x Splinter Cannon- 180
Trueborn- 5x, 4x Blaster, Venom, 2x Splinter Cannon- 180
Reavers- 6x, 2x Cluster Caltrops, 2x Blasters- 146
Reavers- 6x, 2x Cluster Caltrops, 2x Blasters- 146


Or

Succubus- Glaive, Armor of Misery, Haywire Grenade 115
Succubus- Glaive, Animus Vitae, Haywire Grenade 120
Wyches- 9x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Haywire Grenade, Raider w/ Aethersails, Night Shields- 205
Wyches- 9x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Raider w/ Aethersails, Night Shields- 200
Voidraven- 2x Void Lance, Night Shields- 175
Ravager- 3x Dark Lance, Night Shields- 140

Archon- Blaster, Venom, 2x Splinter Cannon- 140
Trueborn- 5x, 4x Blaster, Venom, 2x Splinter Cannon- 180
Trueborn- 5x, 4x Blaster, Venom, 2x Splinter Cannon- 180
Reavers- 6x, 2x Cluster Caltrops, 2x Blasters- 146
Reavers- 6x, 2x Cluster Caltrops, 2x Blasters- 146


Alternatively I could mount the Trueborn in Raider with sails to make use of the other special rule. Weapons will either be Lances or Dissies.
Back to top Go down
Tempestus
Hellion
Tempestus

Posts : 49
Join date : 2014-11-21

Wych Cult- 1750 pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult- 1750 pt   Wych Cult- 1750 pt I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2015, 05:21

I prefer the second list. I'd rather have Lances on the board first turn and therefore the Ravager would be my choice to keep.

I'm keen on finding a fun yet playable wych cult as well and I am liking your idea of running two Succubus. If I were to adapt your list a bit, if I may be so bold, to something I might consider trying i'd do this.

[1] Succubus (AG, HWG)
[1] Succubus (AG, HWG)

[2] Wyches x9 (Hekatrix, Agoniser, HWG)
Raider (DL)
[3] Warriors x5 (Blaster)
Raider (DL)

[2] Reavers x9 (Arena Champion w/ Agoniser, x3 CC)

[3] Ravagers (DLs)

1748

Split the opponents fire and take out as much armor with the Ravagers and Warrior Raiders. Keep the Succubus's and Reavers in reserve to mop up.
It's very similiar to your list already, im just using warriors in raiders as opposed to trueborn in venoms, cutting the fat here and there and squeezing in 3 ravagers.
I really think the toughest part is going to be anti mech with a wych cult
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 374
Join date : 2012-10-21

Wych Cult- 1750 pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult- 1750 pt   Wych Cult- 1750 pt I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2015, 05:34

@Tempestus wrote:
I prefer the second list. I'd rather have Lances on the board first turn and therefore the Ravager would be my choice to keep.

I'm keen on finding a fun yet playable wych cult as well and I am liking your idea of running two Succubus. If I were to adapt your list a bit, if I may be so bold, to something I might consider trying i'd do this.

[1] Succubus (AG, HWG)
[1] Succubus (AG, HWG)

[2] Wyches x9 (Hekatrix, Agoniser, HWG)
Raider (DL)
[3] Warriors x5 (Blaster)
Raider (DL)

[2] Reavers x9 (Arena Champion w/ Agoniser, x3 CC)

[3] Ravagers (DLs)

1748

Split the opponents fire and take out as much armor with the Ravagers and Warrior Raiders. Keep the Succubus's and Reavers in reserve to mop up.
It's very similiar to your list already, im just using warriors in raiders as opposed to trueborn in venoms, cutting the fat here and there and squeezing in 3 ravagers.
I really think the toughest part is going to be anti mech with a wych cult

The formation actually requires an archon and 3 units of either trueborn, warriors, reavers, scourges and beast pack
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Wych Cult- 1750 pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wych Cult- 1750 pt   Wych Cult- 1750 pt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Wych Cult- 1750 pt
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

 :: Army Lists
-
Jump to: