THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Dark Eldar/Eldar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

1850 Dark Eldar/Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Dark Eldar/Eldar   1850 Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 20:10

I am running a null deploy Dark Eldar/Eldar army. I love this play style. it makes for fun a quicker games. Which often means more games due to saved time.
I might bring this to the LVO this February
https://www.frontlinegaming.org/community/40k-faq/ This is a format that many tournaments are running now and I fallow their format when building my lists

1846points

CAD (strategic trait)

Archon w/ wwp, blaster.

5 trueborn w/ 4blasters.
Venom w/ 2 splinter cannons.

5 kabalites warriors w/ splinter rifles.

5 kabalites warriors w/ splinter rifles.

Razorwing jet fighter w/ 2 dark lances

Razorwings jet fighter w/ 2 dark lances

5 scourges w/ 4 haywire blasters.

Ravager w/ 3 dark lances

Ravager w/ 3 dark lances

2 Talos w/ twin splinter cannons?
OR
Wraith knight?

Eldar allies.

Autarch w/ fusion gun

5 fire dragons.
Wave serpent w/twin scatter laser.

3 guardian jet bikes

5 warp spiders

Iove this list as it has lots of options for what I can do in terms of deployment and movement.
The autarchs +1/-1 to reserve rolls make all the difference in this lost most games.

In tough match ups i tend to put the army into full reserve/deep strike except the 2 Talos or wraith knight pending on which I take. And maybe a few other units like maybe the scourges or ravagers if there is proper cover. I think I will likely go with the Talos as they are more survivable due to FNP and that will help tons against the right opponents. Like drop pod lists

Deep striking/reserving most of the army allows this Army to pick its fights when and where I want them to happen. Overwhelm them in one area and move on. Sometimes deep striking ravagers is a better since 3 st8 lances tends to be much more effective shooting rear armour and often avoiding cover then heavier front armour with cover.

The fire dragons deep striking with the archon/autarch with out scattering is amazing for popping knights and heavy armour. Sometimes the archon, autarch and dragons all split apart after jumping out of the serpent to have more target options. Sometimes without the serpent if that is preferred.

This list had great AI, Good AT and AA. Counter assault in the way of my MCs. Is mobile enough to get objectives and keep my opponent at an arms length.

I fought a 3knight/guard list with psychers/vets/chimeras/vendetta/2 hydras the other week in crushed its face playing the LVO missions.

What do you think?

C&C is always welcome

Hellion
Javorra

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar/Eldar   1850 Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 21:19

Are both the archon and autarch joining the dragons? I tried once the autarch with warp generator with spiders and it wasn't bad at all, even if a little more expensive than the one in your list.
Like the list though, seems solid, I would prefer the 2 talos over the knight for a null deployment tact, mainly because you can hide them better as they would be your only presence on the field (but also ravager could stay on the table T1 imo)
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar/Eldar   1850 Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 21:54

Yeah the autarch and archon are with the dragons. I'd consider the jump pack on the autarch, but my list doesn't have any spare points to work with. The archon/autarch/fire dragon/serpent often give me the option of shooting 4 separate units when they deep strike if I wish. It has worked very well so far :-)

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar/Eldar   1850 Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Dark Eldar/Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: