THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 Pts Campaign

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior
BlackCadian

2000 Pts Campaign  Empty
PostSubject: 2000 Pts Campaign    2000 Pts Campaign  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 16:10

Hi everyone! I've only just started playing Dark Eldar (1 game vs BikeSpam), but will be starting a year long campaign within a group of four. The 2000 Pts starting army will, apart from upgrades, not be changeable during the the campaign, although there will be a 500 Pt sideboard.

Now I'm not looking to field a super strong list because 1 this isn't a tournament and 2 I'd like to try out a lot of different units.

The other 3 armies are Dark Angels, Imperial Guard and Tyranids.

I've put something together that I believe is solid, I'd just like some confirmation from more experienced generals.

Realspace Raiders Detachment

HQ
Archon, Blaster, Shadowfield (=> Blasterborn, will be my warlord)

Haemo, Scissorhand (=> Grots)

Troops
2x 5 Kabalites in Venom (dual SCs)

Elite
4 Grots in Raider w Lance

5 Blasterborn in Raider

5 Mandrakes

Fast Attack
6 Reaver Jetbikes w Cluster Caltrops

6 Reaver Jetbikes w Cluster Caltrops

5 Haywire Scourges

Razorwing w Lances

Razorwing w Lances

Heavy Support
Ravager w Lances, Nightshield

Dark Artisan Formation w Twin-linked Heatlances, Scissorhand, WWP

I plan on going null-deployment other than the Mandrakes and maybe the Raider with the Gots.

In my first game I made the Dark Artisan my warlord, but utlimately lost the unit to plasma and bolter fire after my opponent realized, that he wouldnt be able to beat them in close combat. The unit will already have a huge bullseye drawn on it, putting the warlord in there would be like handing out free points I feel.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with the list.

All comments welcome, thanks!
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

2000 Pts Campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Campaign    2000 Pts Campaign  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 16:33

If you're null deploying, those mandrakes had better not be in range of anything. At all. Seriously, I don't think null deployment is the way to go here, you need something strong enough to give you board presence through till your reserves start to arrive, and 60pts of mandrakes aren't gonna cut it, even with a 2+ cover save (and let's face it, any kind of flame weapon makes them dedder than a dodo)

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

2000 Pts Campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Campaign    2000 Pts Campaign  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 22:57

I agree, looking at the armies he's facing - IG can ignore cover, and DA can play the drop od flamer game if they so wish.

Still, with awareness of putting out the Grots if needed...? Could probably work - just pay close attention to your opponent's army list I suppose.

Back to top Go down
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior
BlackCadian

2000 Pts Campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Campaign    2000 Pts Campaign  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 07:09

Hey! Thanks TBE and Thor for the fast replies and the explanation how IG and DA could counter null deployment.

The primary reason I wanted to deploy this way was due to my Ravager and a Raider spontaneously combusting during my enemies first turn during my last game, which kinda made me sad Sad

So against those 2 armies I shouldnt null deploy in the first game, after that depending on their lists. What about Tyranids, does it make sense there?

Also, what would be a good replacement for the Haywire Scourges vs the Nids?

Thanks!

2000 Pts Campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Campaign    2000 Pts Campaign  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 Pts Campaign
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: