HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms Empty
PostSubject: Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms   Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 15:33

I'd like to convert the (new) Haemonculus model using Wrack arms.

Ideally, I'd like to make one with an Ossefactor arm (WISIWIG be damned Wink ) and whatever this is:

Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms Dark_eldar_wracks_left_arm_12_large

Maybe another arm on the left, if there's room.

Anyway, do you think this is feasible without using much (or any) greenstuff?

If so, any advice or suggestions on how to go about it? e.g. should I be trying to cut the Haemonculus arm pairs apart and then join one with the Wrack arm? Or, should I ignore the Haemonculus arms entirely and just use the Wrack arms?

Last edited by The Shredder on Tue Jan 06 2015, 10:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms   Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 19:00

@The Shredder wrote:
Ideally, I'd like to make one with an Ossefactor arm (WISIWIG be damned Wink ) and whatever this is:

Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms Dark_eldar_wracks_left_arm_12_large

That is supposedly a Mindphase Gauntlet. But if you don't do WISIWIG anyway, you might as well use it as a Scissorhand.

@The Shredder wrote:
Maybe another arm on the left, if there's room.

Anyway, do you think this is feasible without using much (or any) greenstuff?

If so, any advice or suggestions on how to go about it? e.g. should I be trying to cut the Haemonculus arm pairs apart and then join one with the Wrack arm? Or, should I ignore the Haemonculus arms entirely and just use the Wrack arms?

Wrack arms are much thicker than normal Dark Eldar's, including the Haemy's. They are almost the right size for Space Marines! I don't think you can fit them on the plastic Haemy without using green stuff. And the only way I see to fit multiple Wrack arms on him is by modeling them together, like the double arms in the Wrack kit.

I'm running into similar problems with my female Haemy.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms   Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 19:15

@Rokuro wrote:
That is supposedly a Mindphase Gauntlet. But if you don't do WISIWIG anyway, you might as well use it as a Scissorhand.

That's pretty much what I was thinking.

Whilst I like the in-game effect of Scissorhands, there's just something about the way it looks on the model that rubs me the wrong way.

@Rokuro wrote:
Wrack arms are much thicker than normal Dark Eldar's, including the Haemy's. They are almost the right size for Space Marines! I don't think you can fit them on the plastic Haemy without using green stuff.

Damn. I was hoping to avoid Greenstuff because I have no skill with it whatsoever. pale

Normally, if I couldn't change the arm, I'd swap the hands instead. However, the Wrack and haemonculus arms almost seem to have been designed to make this as difficult as possible (gauntlets/sleeves end in different places on the arm, no simple wrist joint on the Mindphase Gauntlet etc.).

@Rokuro wrote:
And the only way I see to fit multiple Wrack arms on him is by modeling them together, like the double arms in the Wrack kit.

I was wondering if I'd be able to cut the Haemonculus arms apart, and then stick the thinner one to the Wrack arm. But, from what you've said, this probably wouldn't work. And, if it doesn't, I'll no longer have my haemonculus arms to fall back on.

It's a pickle, and no mistake.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms   Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 10:20

Just had a different thought - what about a conversion with one or more Mandrake arms - could that work?

I'm thinking of one of the flaming left arms (for a sorcery-inclined Haemonculus).
Back to top Go down
Wolfsark
Hellion
Wolfsark

PostSubject: Re: Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms   Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15 2015, 00:47

There are some pictures in White Dwarf issue #36 from October 2014 (the one with the archon on the cover) that show some kitbashed archons, succubi and a haemonculus. The haemonculus used the liquifier gun and electrocorrosize whip arms from the wrack kit. He used a small amount of green stuff on the shoulder where the arm joins with the torso to cover up the gaps. The model was unpainted and it did look a little silly (big arms on a little floating guy) but its definitely the easiest and quickest option for making your Haemonculus WYSIWYG.

If you think about it from a fluff perspective, I see no reason why a haemonculus wouldn't fleshcraft himself some giant ass arms in order to use some heavier tools of torment if he knew he was going on a realspace raid.

I say go for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms   Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Converting a Haemonculus with Wrack or Mandrake arms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: