THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Good Sport Razorwing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Deuce11
Slave
Deuce11

Good Sport Razorwing  Empty
PostSubject: Good Sport Razorwing    Good Sport Razorwing  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23 2014, 15:34

Simple question with a difficult answer.  Given the offensive prowess of the razorwing AND the necessity of a DE to bring lots of redundant units given there fragility, at what point level is it appropriate to bring the unit? At what point are you being "beardy" for bringing the unit? From a competitive standpoint, at what level should you bring the unit?How about 2?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Good Sport Razorwing    Good Sport Razorwing  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23 2014, 16:41

I love my razorwings. I have been running my fast attack as either two razorwings with dark lances and 5 scourges with haywire blasters or two scourge with 1 razorwings.

I love the scourges and teams of two they destroy just about any vehicle that I want dead. But they are only really useful at vehicle hunting and grabbing objectives if needed. Taking the one razirwing is nice and not dickish. Being able two fire 4 st6 large blast into a 10man tac squad or large unit of GEQ and usually remove said unit from the board is priceless.

BUT! I have found that running two razorwings to be much more reliable and fun. Having the option to send 8large blast into the opponent and have dark lances on a flying unit gives them lots of utility. They give you decent AA, AT and great AI. I know dark eldar already have lots of poison, but sometimes/often poision isn't enough, and those large blast shots get the job done in no time allowing your venoms/kabalitrs etc to concentrate on other objectives/killing

Two razorwings isn't really that dickish either because they are fairly easy to shoot down with some concentrated fire or AA. But they almost always do there job before the get shot down. Most games I only tend to lose one or none as I have so many other easier to kill threats.

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Good Sport Razorwing    Good Sport Razorwing  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23 2014, 16:47

Sorry.

Didn't really answer your question...

At 1000points I would bring one for sure. At 1500 I would try and get two in a list. At 1750+ I will almost always have two as they are so useful.

As for being beardy. It depends on your opponent. But generally two isn't that beardy so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. One is always safe and not beardy.
I play competitively as well if that helps?

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Good Sport Razorwing    Good Sport Razorwing  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23 2014, 16:54

I'd say one is never being beardy - unless that's the only unit in your list and you're playing at game at a really low points level!

Two probably isn't even at 1250-1500 given how easily they're brought down, even by weight of bolter fire without skyfire.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Deuce11
Slave
Deuce11

PostSubject: Re: Good Sport Razorwing    Good Sport Razorwing  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23 2014, 18:58

good to know. I will look into them once i expand beyond 1000 points. thanks all
Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Good Sport Razorwing    Good Sport Razorwing  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 11:32

As we are on Air Support and I like the look and theme of them, what about the Void Raven? When are you supposed to bring serious (if underpowered) crowd control?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Good Sport Razorwing    Good Sport Razorwing  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 16:42

The bomber is so so. But it is really underwhelming at times. The bomb can be awesome, but not really worth it.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Good Sport Razorwing    Good Sport Razorwing  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 21:11

Thanks. I might just get one to paint up then. Either way I am having it.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Good Sport Razorwing    Good Sport Razorwing  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27 2014, 00:06

It'll be awesome once in a while. 2st 9 lances have about the same AT and three normal dark lances.

PostSubject: Re: Good Sport Razorwing    Good Sport Razorwing  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Sport Razorwing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: