HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes Empty
PostSubject: Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes   Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29 2011, 20:37

One of the (many) pieces lacking from the current 'Nid range is a decent and affordable set of wings for converting Warriors to Shrikes (not that many people play Shrikes anyway, but still ... ).

Several people have used Gargoyle wings, which are nice but they are just too small. Having used both those and Scourge batwings for my Scourge squads, I noticed how much bigger the new Scourge wings were. I tried a set on a Warrior and posted the comparison on Warpshadow.

http://www.warpshadow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15862
Back to top Go down
Incubi Death
Hellion
Incubi Death

PostSubject: Re: Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes   Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29 2011, 21:10

Wow those look way better than the Gargoyle wings!
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes   Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01 2011, 15:59

Very nice.

Downside is I prefer the bat wings on my scourges. maybe an online bitz dealer will have them.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes   Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01 2011, 16:10

Or You can "just" sculpt them and cast XXX times? Twisted Evil

http://www.cytadela.pl/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1276

It's in polish, but pictures say all: wire/putty skeleton, "mask" from oil clay that is filled with plaster, then on plaster you apply more putty, then remove plaster and add even more putty.

Btw it is one of my first sculpts ever. First one was... epic boobage in DE theme, yay (tho I'm ashamed with quantity, so no pictures).

[funny, apparently it's "L_O post his tutorials day" lol]
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes   Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01 2011, 19:02

Those are great, Local_Ork. I'm just not that good. I do keep trying to sculpt and cast stuff, but there's a good reason why I am my online bitz supplier's favourite customer!

@GAR wrote:
Very nice.

Downside is I prefer the bat wings on my scourges. maybe an online bitz dealer will have them.

My favourite dealer keeps running out Very Happy Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes   Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01 2011, 20:29

@Gobsmakked wrote:
I'm just not that good.

I like to say "I'm not good, I'm patient".
Actually I DID sculpt bad (wrong proportions, "blocky" surfaces) until I've figured out/learned HOW to sculpt.
For example my last creation, Tyranid-like Rider.
I would NEVER try (and actually bother) to sculpt that "melted ribs" with normal putty, but if You happen to have oil clay (that brown thing), hairdryer (to melt it a little) and basic sculpting tool (like end of brush, for "presculpt") then it probably wouldn't take too much time until You get what You want (a little melted, "organic" surface).

It's just matter of finding "how to", then "it flows". Tools need to work for YOU, because YOU are important.
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes   Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2012, 05:42

the forgeworld warrior wings are good! dont discount them.

I am the Master of Darkness, and of the Abyss... I am The Ancient One. Dont make me turn you into a lap dog. I've done it several times before and I wont hesitate to do it again. Seriously! Ironic isnt it? Being accused of necromancy, with a joke inspired by The 'Necronomicon' in my sig?
my project log:
https://www.thedarkcity.net/t2874-the-kabal-raining-bullets
now with csm:
https://www.thedarkcity.net/t6430-chaos-space-marines
PM me about commision work.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes   Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08 2013, 18:50

those truly show the magnificance of the tyranids
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes   Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using Scourge batwings for Tyranid Shrikes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Distractions
-
Jump to: