AuthorMessage
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

Wet Paletes Empty
PostSubject: Wet Paletes   Wet Paletes I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2014, 23:16

Does anyone use them?

Are they any good?

Would I have to purchase dedicated wet palete paper or is there a cheap option?
Back to top Go down
TheNeonArlecchino
Hellion
TheNeonArlecchino

Wet Paletes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Paletes   Wet Paletes I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2014, 23:41

I haven't used or tried one yet but when I was researching them after Calyptra recommended them, I found DIY Instructions for how to make one.

http://www.fullborerminiatures.com/articles/wetpalette.html

Since I haven't tried or tested one, I can't say how good these instructions are.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Wet Paletes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Paletes   Wet Paletes I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21 2014, 23:42

I only use wet palettes and I sweat by them. Go to any Michaels or Hobbystore with a paint station and they should come with some. Get something dedicated its worth it, the paper you use in it can be reused hundreds of times.

Wych
Laughingcarp

Wet Paletes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Paletes   Wet Paletes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2014, 01:57

+1 for wet palette. Makes it so much easier to get good-looking coats of paint on your models. Surely you've heard it before, but the end result of multiple thinner coats is seriously better than a few thick globby ones.
Dedicated ones are probably a good idea, but my buddy and I have been using a tupperware container ~big as your hand with some h20 and a piece of parchment paper inside to great effect. Gotta swap the paper once in a while, but that stuff is cheapo.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Wet Paletes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Paletes   Wet Paletes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2014, 02:13

Once you use one you'll never go back. I made this super ghetto-fabulous one for about $8USD (This included a roll of parchment paper that I'm not even halfway through after 2 years of vigorous painting) and have been happy enough to not replace it.
Wet Paletes 2012-01-07_11-20-52_639

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

Wet Paletes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Paletes   Wet Paletes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2014, 08:35

I am using dry palette, wet palette and out-of-the-pot as well. Depends on what I am painting and technique I am using.

I am using a cheap DIY wet palette from tupperware and sponge wipe (holds more water than classic sponge or classic wipe) and white baking paper.

Should be dirt cheap in any country and works like a charm.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Wet Paletes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Paletes   Wet Paletes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22 2014, 12:04

I made mine myself a few yeas ago out of an old plastic tub and a kitchen sponge. I got some cheap grease proof paper from pound land and just cut off new pieces when the palette needs changing. I swear by them now and it really will change the way you paint (for the better)

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Sponsored content

Wet Paletes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wet Paletes   Wet Paletes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wet Paletes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS