THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Competitive List

Go down 
+9
Timatron
barenone
Archon Rixec
Scorpion
colinsherlow
Vasara
The_Burning_Eye
Mario Augusto
Bleaksoul Brethren
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 23:39

So I'm going to start building the army for the GT (it takes a while for me to paint and afford the new stuff) and they haven't published the rules for it but I would love y'alls thoughts on the list to see if I should keep going in the same direction.

HQ
Lhamean in venom with 2 splinter cannons
Lhamean in venom with 2 splinter cannons

Troops
4x Warrior with blaster in venom with 2 splinter cannons

Fast Attack
5x Venom with 2 splinter cannons

Heavy
6x Reaper with flickerfields (not 100% sure if they can still take them)

1840 Points

The biggest weakness is flyers that have an armor but that's something I have to just take. Very spammy list but where I'm at others play obnoxious broken list so it's not the worst. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Mario Augusto
Slave

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 09:01

I Like Your HQ and troop slots, but i would not take Venoms as FA, i would prefer some scourges and 2RWJF or reaper depends. What reapers are? Do you mean ravager?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 09:20

Reapers are a ForgeWorld vehicle with a big haywire gun on the front, certainly more dangerous to vehicles than the ravager, but not as versatile.

Before I went anywhere with this list, I'd want to be certain that the tournament were going to allow lhamaean HQ's, as I read the rules it's perfectly legit but I know there are those who disagree. In a competitive environment that's the sort of thing I'd expect a TO to rule on.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 09:39

Nice looking list.

Reapers gun also instakills on "6". I think that list has enemy with T value covered quite well to justify Reapers instead of Ravagers. I think Reapers can take ff since its listed on their "page" instead of mentioning generic DE vehicle equipment list.

Do you have 6 Reapers?

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 15:35

5's or 6's instant death and haywire D3 for the beam type. I do not have 6 yet. I wanted to get y'alls thoughts and proxy test it first before I went to buy them. Very good point Burning_Eye I'll ask the organizers when I see them next month. Scourges I can't justify bringing in a tournament list if I'm bringing reapers (both anti tank with the reapers doing it better). 2RWJF would be good, it'd mean dropping 4 venoms which would leave me with 7 but that'd give me anti air.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 17:17

I don't think lhamean can be warlords. I believe they are listed as only infantry. Not as characters. You have yo have a character as your warlord

Master of Mandrakes

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 18:00

@colinsherlow wrote:
I don't think lhamean can be warlords. I believe they are listed as only infantry. Not as characters. You have yo have a character as your warlord

True
Back to top Go down
Archon Rixec
Hellion
Archon Rixec

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 18:41

yeah, no warlord, since no character is present in the list. Not a problem i guess, altough labyrinthine cunning is a nice trait indeed!
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 19:33

Doesn't armies have to have a warlord? Syberites could even be your WL

Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 19:35

not if its unbound.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 20:47

Every army has to have a warlord (P117 + P124)
The section on P117 under THE PRIMARY DETACHMENT , and on P124 THE WARLORD.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 22:31

Not to mention that generally most competitions do not allow Unbound lists.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 22:34

What GT is iot for anyway?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
In Exile

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 00:07

He's got 10 points free to pay for a Sybarite in a warrior squad to be his warlord, so it's no big deal.

If you can afford 6 reapers, more power to you. I think that's about $400.00 worth of models for just those. But I'd be sure they were going to allow the reapers in the tournament beforehand as well, as not all tournaments allow forgeworld stuff. Assuming they're allowed, they'll be good against armor and monstrous creatures.

Also, be prepared for the rules on those reapers to change. They've already posted altered rules for the reaver, making kill-shock less powerful(not sure what else changed) but they're in an "experimental" state. As soon as those become 40k approved, they'll be the rules you're required to follow in tournaments. Link below.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/r/Reaper.pdf

Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 01:15

If you have no characters you can nominate any model to be your Warlord
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 03:27

Lhameans I thought could be your warlord because they are an HQ slot.
Back to top Go down
Archon Rixec
Hellion
Archon Rixec

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 10:20

what i meant was that a non-character warlord could not have a warlord trait. or was it 6th ed??
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 15:43

Battlefield role is irrelevant, all warlords get traits.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 15:55

@Timatron wrote:
Battlefield role is irrelevant, all warlords get traits.

Nope. All warlords that are characters get traits, non character models do not.

Archon
Thor665

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 16:07

Tim's statement is also basically correct, he just wasn't answering the question being asked.

Also, Knights are the exception that proves the rule as far as non-characters and Warlord traits Wink

Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 18:16

Yes, I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 21:00

@Timatron wrote:
Yes, I was wrong.

Well that happens sometimes. Hope I did not sound like a teacher ;-)

Archon
Thor665

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20 2014, 00:36

Crazy_Irish totally sounds like a teacher!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competitive List   Competitive List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Competitive List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-