THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Raiders of Commorragh

Go down 
AuthorMessage
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Raiders of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Raiders of Commorragh    Raiders of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 19:04

Is it worth getting for someone who is not very good at painting? Is there something better? anything with airgun tutorials? I know there is youtube stuff but I would like something in front of me I can reference while I work.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of Commorragh    Raiders of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 19:14

I think it looks pretty good. On the new warhammer app it gives a free download for painting an archon, which is from the raiders of commorrah guide. I checked it out and it is pretty good and easy to follow.

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of Commorragh    Raiders of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 19:36

I think it's a great little buy for inspiration and perusing of more fluff of specific factions. It will not, however, teach you any painting techniques. "Paint this part, using this technique and brush, with this color." Rinse (your brush, haha) and repeat.

From GW, Duncan Rhodes' regular how-to's with new models are excellent. Youtube is full of excellent painting tutorials, it's simply a matter of searching.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of Commorragh    Raiders of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 19:39

Aye that is true. It will not teach you but is great as a guide to follow and gives you options on colours ect. Def check out YouTube, although it is easy to get swamped by the sheer volume of vids out there

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of Commorragh    Raiders of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 20:14

ok thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of Commorragh    Raiders of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 05:56

Youtube all the way.

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of Commorragh    Raiders of Commorragh I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raiders of Commorragh
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: